Author Topic: Eating raw, frozen offal  (Read 4717 times)

Offline amidd12

• Forager
    • View Profile
Eating raw, frozen offal
« on: June 18, 2015, 08:45:27 am »
Tons of articles exist about frozen liver pills, but I am wondering if it's safe to eat frozen kidney, frozen spleen, frozen pancreas, etc? Basically, I wonder how far I can go with the frozen and raw organ meats? Is there a limit on how much I should be eating a day or per week?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eating raw, frozen offal
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:11 am »
Eat it Instincto-style and it won't be an issue. A great deal depends on the original quality of the meat, and also on how quickly it was frozen.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 11:36:12 pm »
I live in the south of france and at the moment it is very hot here. My bucher gives me a lot of fat and I freeze some of them to allways have fresh fat at hand >D
Last daysbecause I had not taken the fat out before I was hungry,  and I was sooo hungry,  I started eating the back fat just frozen and it is so so jumy, it is like ice cream for me. The fat I can cut very easy even frozen, it melts in my mouth and I love it and it feels good in my belly, its my favourite treat now  8)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:03:10 am »
I'm glad you found something that's working for you.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 01:26:44 am »
I been eating raw offal smoothies for more than the past year. Up till the beginning of this year I was practically living on them and most people thought I was on steroids. When I stopped for a few months I reverted back and started looking like before. Instead of going back I went the other way and started eating lots of nuts and canned sardines and got weaker. I see now that I have made a mistake and am returning to eating mostly raw offal. Liver is my favorite and I never did give it up entirely these past few months. The only one I can't stand is kidney. Tripe is my second least favorite because of the texture. No matter how long I leave it in the food processor it never blends up completely. I have found adding vinegar and Worcestershire sauce helps me get it down. Besides loving liver, thymus (sweet breads), heart and rocky mountain oysters (testicles) make pretty good raw meat smoothies. I cut them in chunks and freeze them when I buy them, then throw them in the food processor and slowly add water till I end up with a nice thick ice cold shake. I used to use a blender but found it was heating up the food because of the bearings so I just switched to a food processor because the bearings never touch the food.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 03:23:41 am »
I just discovered a trick to grind up tripe in my food processor. Normally it's so tough that it just gets stringy no matter how long it's in there but I tried adding some ice to the frozen tripe after I ground it up a little instead of water. It made the tripe grind up completely instead of into slimy strings like it normally does when adding only water. I guess the ice gives the blades something to push against instead of just flinging it around in a slimy mess. Once it was completely ground up I added enough water to melt the ice. I wish I had discovered this 50 pounds of tripe ago. Tripe seems to be really good for my joints. I'm guessing this is due to all the collagen it contains. It's like gelatin on steroids! My nails are also very strong and my hair is just as thick as when I was a kid. It began to turn gray a few years ago but has since reverted back to it's natural color. I think this is due to eating raw liver more than to raw tripe.

Now If I could only find a way to make kidney more palatable. To me kidney tastes like piss. It would be all right if it just did while I drank it but I keep burping up the taste for hours.  I tried soaking it in baking soda water but that didn't work. I wonder if vinegar would. The affects of raw kidney are profound. The several times I have tried it, it gave me incredible energy. I suspect maybe it has something to do with the kidneys being located just below the adrenal glands. It also makes me pee a lot. There is an old tale that says to eat the part of an animal you are trying to repair AKA like cures like. I think this is especially true with the kidney.

Before I started eating raw offal I tried to find some raw glandulars only to find that they were incredibly expensive. I took them when I was younger and found they really worked. A couple years ago I made a guy on ebay an offer for some but he declined my offer. That was when I decided to buy them from the butcher shop and make them myself. It was the best move I ever did and is also very economical. It seems nobody wants this stuff and they are practically giving it away!

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 03:40:14 am »
I live in the south of france and at the moment it is very hot here. My bucher gives me a lot of fat and I freeze some of them to allways have fresh fat at hand >D
Last daysbecause I had not taken the fat out before I was hungry,  and I was sooo hungry,  I started eating the back fat just frozen and it is so so jumy, it is like ice cream for me. The fat I can cut very easy even frozen, it melts in my mouth and I love it and it feels good in my belly, its my favourite treat now  8)

Sweetbreads contain a lot of fat. When I first started eating them my butcher would give me raw pancreas. But later he switched to the ones made from the thymus gland and sold them for nearly half the price. I think the thymus sweetbreads are better. Only young humans and animals have fully formed thymus glands. By the time you get to my age most peoples thymus glands shrink to less than 10% the size they were as youths. Come to think of it. I wonder if it was the raw thymus gland that was responsible for turning my hair color back more than the liver!

I wish I could afford to buy grass fed beef. In addition to thymus I consume calves liver. Since calves are slaughtered young most of them never get a chance to go to the stock yards and be fed grain. So in a way calf liver and thymus are grass fed anyway. They are just not advertised that way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk