Author Topic: Raw meat or raw fish  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Raw777

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw meat or raw fish
« on: June 18, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »
Hi all,

Ive been eating raw meat for a couple of weeks now and even though I havent had problems yet theres always that little voice in the back of my head saying I should watch out for e.coli. I would like to know if its possible for me to switch to raw fish and ask u guys if I wouldnt be missing out on anything by doing this. Ive seen the Wai Diet promote raw fish and they are not eating raw meat, so maybe thats the way I should go.

Im very interested in your opinions!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw meat or raw fish
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 03:59:47 pm »
It all depends. Some of us thrive on diets consisting mostly of raw wildcaught seafood. I find that 20-40% of my ideal diet should be raw wildcaught seafood, yet when I tried to increase the percentage to 60%-80%+ of my diet, it did not work for me at all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:43 pm »
From what I've learned, e. coli in meat is only minimally a problem in grassfed meat. The scary e. coli is the kind that is antibiotic resistant, and that comes from grainfed ruminant animals.

Consider: we all have e. coli in our own intestines. Sometimes our own e. coli can infect us due to bad hygiene, such as wiping feces forward towards the short female urethra can cause an e. coli bladder infection. So, I conclude that good hygiene with our food and our bodies is what's needed, not avoidance of properly prepared food.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 11:33:31 pm »
natural e.coli helps to digest protein
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline kalo

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:23 am »
I never knew that about e coli, thanks

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 06:02:30 pm »
The other bad part about grain fed ecoli comes from the much higher stomach ph of a grain fed cow. The ecoli adapt to a higher acid tolerance and are thus able to survive our stomach.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »
The other bad part about grain fed ecoli comes from the much higher stomach ph of a grain fed cow. The ecoli adapt to a higher acid tolerance and are thus able to survive our stomach.
Hmm, strictly speaking, you presumably mean " a much lower PH value", as acid has a low PH value from 0 to 7, and alkali a  much higher PH value from 7 to 12.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 09:27:45 pm »
right I was thinking higher acid, lower ph.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 12:23:55 am »
Raw meat or raw fish: both, of course! Plus raw shellfish, raw eggs, raw veggies, raw nuts, raw olives, raw fruits, raw honey, etc!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk