Author Topic: Bad Breath on Raw Paleo  (Read 8325 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Bad Breath on Raw Paleo
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:00:31 pm »
My brothers been on raw paleo diet for 3 or so months. He has had bad breath issues in the past and raw paleo has helped but it comes back on occasions

How is it posible...?I think I read that Aajonus said it's almost impossible to have bad breath on the primal diet. He's not a stinky person is fit and brushes flosses twice a day. He has candida issues but everyone does.

Anyone got any Ideas/theories/cures.

All I can think of is;

1)He hasn't given RPD long enough, it takes time to recover good gut bacteria.

2)It's a candida issue so cut carbs (although I'm skeptical about the effectiveness of this)

3) Try high meat (although his meat gets slightly high anyway as he often leaves in the fridge for a while) I find eating high meat difficult so he would really struggle, he prefers his meat mix 'ripe' which is also the way I prefer it.

4) There's no cure so has to deal with it.

Cheers guys

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Bad Breath on Raw Paleo
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:42:32 pm »
Has your brother ever done a herbal colon cleanse?
How is his pooping schedule?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:45:29 pm »
no colon cleanses, he wouldnt even know what one was!! He craps more than twice a day he says they are small and really smelly! Which is unusual for raw paleo (the smelly part) the thing is my parents get the smell from their breath on occasions too? Its weird its only happened or ive noticed it in the last 2years?

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:15:04 pm »
Classic case your brother needs to cleanse his colon... result of old habits.

He can either do raw paleo high fat and wait a few months for his colon to clear up or he can do herbal colon cleanses now and be done in 10 days or less.

Here is a link to colon cleansing http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/colon-cleanse
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

JaX

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:50:12 am »
How is everyone's breath on raw paleo? My breath smells like what I eat mostly.. which is meat... Is this normal? Does it go away with time?

Can anyone recommend something completely natural for good breath? I don't want artificial mint pills or chewing gum with aspartame.

I was looking for some completely pure peppermint oil lately but was told by a herbalist that it is very toxic if inhaled and it is therefore unavailable in "pure" form.

I don't really feel that I have bad breath myself, and my teeth are generally very clean. I don't brush my teeth that much and when I do it's with a plant-based, fluoride-free toothpaste. This toothpaste is very ineffective at giving good breath.. The minty smell disappears from my mouth 15 minutes after I've brushed.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 05:31:26 am »
Update on my brother. He tried different versions of raw paleo and levels of cheating and what cured him is meat/fat and water. One cheat and rank stools and breath come back.
On zero carb he has struggled to get his head around the fact that his cloths dont fit him anymore.

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 07:06:35 am »
On zero carb he has struggled to get his head around the fact that his cloths dont fit him anymore.

In a good way?

I think my breath is about the same so I can't really add anything to this conversation.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:56:13 am »
No, he feels like his wasting away although he looks really fit, he weighs 65 kg 5'8-5'9 and still outlifts all the other guys at his mining camp gym...same build as Charles.
He was just used to this layer of fat and zero carb ripped it off and before zero carb he would be considered slim by SAD standards so it freaked him to change body shape so quickly.

I had the same problem It feaked me out at the start that my clothes didn't fit and I've had to go and buy new work pants, shorts and jeans...actually its only around my waist where the weights gone, my shirts still fit fine.

Your already buff going zero carb for a month and you'll be ripped..guaranteed.

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 03:19:56 am »
I wish I could see a pic of you zero carb dudes.

Hey, I just saw this article and thought about you (even if it is way off topic for this thread) and the mining scene in Western Australia:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7973008.stm

I hope things turn around soon.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 03:36:38 am by Satya »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk