Author Topic: Different Ammunitions against Candida...  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Different Ammunitions against Candida...
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:05:01 am »
I worry about some of the different treatments for Candida and their effects on each other. For example; Don't you think that using grapefruit seed extract (also oregano oil etc.) will also kill beneficial bacteria as well as the Candida itself? Also, if you take massive amounts of probiotics, don't the probiotics eat the Candida as food anyway, and get rid of it eventually? I've been using both, but I'm worried that the Grapefruit seed extract may be useless and perhaps counterproductive. I used to use Virgin Coconut Oil too, but I personally don't believe the diarrhea that causes is "die-off." I think it's just just a violent laxative, and it makes me feel horrible. (I love it on my skin though.) Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm thinking of just sticking with meat/fat and probiotics. What do you all think?

Satya

Re: Different Ammunitions against Candida...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:38:06 am »
Well, candida is a yeast, not a bacteria.  Yeasts and bacteria can live in the same environment sometimes - kefir is a blend of yeast and probiotic bacteria.  Also, both live in the gut, but when the yeasts take over, it can be bad news.  Fungus is implicated in cancers, so you definitely want to eradicate an overgrowth of yeast/fungus.  I do not believe that probiotics (aka beneficial bacteria) will eat candida albicans yeast.  In fact, they both compete for the same food source: carbs.  That is why kefir yeasts and bacteria can live on milk sugars as they ferment it.

It would certainly not hurt to try a meat, fat and probiotic diet for a time, if not indefinitely.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:43:19 am »
More bacteria might not eat candida but might compete it out of your system. It seems to me though the only clear cut way to get rid of candida is remove it's food, carbs, from your system.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:07:29 am »
Im pretty sure i was/am a candida sufferer, so im trying the raw zero carb approach to see if that solves any problems. i've been limiting carbs to one or two fruits a day for a month or so, but just this last friday i actually started zero carbs. i feel fine on the raw zero carb diet so far so im gonna keep it going until i notice results regarding candida. anyways, i'll keep yall posted. has anyone else had success getting rid of candida with raw zero carb? im hoping i can get rid of it and return to a more omnivorous raw diet in time (still mostly meat though).

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:08:29 am »
I did a 3 day VCO detox against candida.
http://www.myhealthblog.org/2006/10/21/i-tried-a-3-day-virgin-coconut-oil-detox/

The reason I chose vco detox was I'm impatient.
I do not believe healing should take too long.
If you aren't allergic to VCO, give it a try, it's just 3 days. http://tinyurl.com/vcodetox

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 04:34:03 pm »
I, too, believe I am a long term Candida sufferer.  About 2 months ago I commenced a regime to resolve these issues and, already, I am beginning to notice subtle improvements.

I have been low carb for sometime now but was still eating a little fruit, dried fruit, occasional butter or cream, nuts/seeds, starchy veg etc.  I have now cut all of these out completely and gone zero carb (with the exception of a few flavourings with my meat/fat including garlic, onion, coriander/parsley).  In addition to the anti-fungal garlic, I am also taking oregano oil and small amounts of VCO.  I do notice that the VCO makes me feel instantly sick but I think this is a positive thing and reflects both it's candida fighting potential and my own candida issues.

Apparently, most people with candida issues also have digestive problems caused by such things as low stomach acid.  Hiatus hernia can also be a problem.  Although I despise taking any supplements, I have recently started taking Betaine Hydrochloride as a digestive support until these issues are resolved.  I have noticed big improvements in my digestive powers since with greatly reduced gas/belching, reduction of undigested food in stools etc.

If you haven't investigated the work of Bee Wilder with regard to overcoming Candida then I'd highly recommend her work.  See both her website (http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/index.php) and her Yahoo Group (http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/candidasupport/) for further details.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk