Author Topic: FREEZER FAILURE  (Read 2634 times)

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
FREEZER FAILURE
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:06:26 am »
My freezer has been intermittent lately and sometimes I find the contents all soggy and wet and not looking very good.   They later firm up and freeze.   Should I cut my losses and dump the entire contents of meat and fish, buy myself a new one and re-stock with fresh items?   This seems wasteful, but necessary in the interests of my health!    Advice please!

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: FREEZER FAILURE
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 03:32:54 am »
It might be okay but likely got freezer burn which is pretty unpalatable. Personally I would salvage what I could but I don't typically eat things that taste bad and have to waste some food to my great sadness.

Offline kalo

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:35:39 am »
My freezer failure resulted in a bloodly, watery mess but I still ate the meat. It was that or nothing!

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 05:06:08 am »
Thank you Lads for saving my bacon (and fish - mostly fish) and some other goodies!   Naturally I will exercise caution if I decide to consume any of this fare, but did not want to waste ALL of it and the freezer is now working again, but may not be reliable so will probably have to be changed.   It cost me £10 second-hand ten years ago, so cannot grumble.   I do not know where I would be without your advice, so hope I can count on this with similar problems?   All the neighbors, equipped with conventional wisdom, say sling the foods and freezer regardless, which does sound wasteful!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk