Author Topic: Carnivores can eat colestrol without heart-disease  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Taz

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Carnivores can eat colestrol without heart-disease
« on: July 17, 2015, 12:31:37 am »
Found i video that was interesting.
I haven't checked the facts but at one point it says you can feed a carivore massive amounts of cholestrol and it doesn't effect them, But it you give it to a herbivore(rabbit in this case) it developed heart disease.

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=wx0pOGVMntM

I'm not trying to put down the paleo diet, just intressted in your view/opinion on this subject.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Carnivores can eat colestrol without heart-disease
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:29:51 pm »
I was a model vegetarian! I ate whole vegetarian foods, minimally processed. With strict adherence to a plant-based diet, I developed obesity, diabetes, severe arthritis, high cholesterol, constant lethargy, Hashimoto's and several other autoimmune disorders. It was great! I was so proud of the fact that I was eating like the apes, my ancestors.

How did I decide to take the other side in the herbivore/omnivore debate? Dogs and arrowheads convinced me that it was in my evolutionary nature to eat meat. Dogs because, as "man's best friend," they show that man's companion animal was the carnivorous wolf; symbiotic eating relationships exist throughout nature, like smaller carnivores watching vultures to locate prey and then tear it apart for the vultures. Arrowheads (and other hunting implements) because it would be pointless for mankind to develop a whole technology for hunting if meat-eating was not the object.

I don't need to settle the debate. My regained health settles it for me. My doctor wishes that her other sick patients would agree to eat like I do and regain their health, as I have.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »
I was a model vegetarian! I ate whole vegetarian foods, minimally processed. With strict adherence to a plant-based diet, I developed obesity, diabetes, severe arthritis, high cholesterol, constant lethargy, Hashimoto's and several other autoimmune disorders. It was great! I was so proud of the fact that I was eating like the apes, my ancestors.

How did I decide to take the other side in the herbivore/omnivore debate? Dogs and arrowheads convinced me that it was in my evolutionary nature to eat meat. Dogs because, as "man's best friend," they show that man's companion animal was the carnivorous wolf; symbiotic eating relationships exist throughout nature, like smaller carnivores watching vultures to locate prey and then tear it apart for the vultures. Arrowheads (and other hunting implements) because it would be pointless for mankind to develop a whole technology for hunting if meat-eating was not the object.

I don't need to settle the debate. My regained health settles it for me. My doctor wishes that her other sick patients would agree to eat like I do and regain their health, as I have.

Wow, just out of curiosity. what did you eat during your vegan days?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 02:05:30 pm »
Wow, just out of curiosity. what did you eat during your vegan days?

Vegetarian, not vegan, because I ate honey, cheese, and eggs at times. For decades, I ate whole grains, soy-based proteins, robust salads, stir-fried vegetables, volumes of sprouted seeds and legumes (and, at times, only sprouts), fruits (and, at times, only fruits).

IMO, vegetarianism is the path to needing a cane to walk, and canes look so cool. The grandchildren just love snatching grandma's cane and playing with it. I do not need a cane anymore.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk