Author Topic: How to transition back to some cooked foods  (Read 5725 times)

Offline BurritoJimmy

• Forager
    • View Profile
How to transition back to some cooked foods
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:54:36 pm »
For the past 6 weeks I've eaten a 99% raw food diet in an effort to get rid of daily chest pains, racing heart,  and headaches. Ive been to 2 cardios who said nothing was wrong with heart and the headaches were either migraine or sinusitis depending on the headache doc. My diet has been fruits, veggies, honey and fish. I had beef once and it caused chest pain. I'd say I'm about 95% better in terms of frequency and intensity of both. I would like to start adding back in some cooked foods to my diet but Im not sure what food I should start with whether cooked starch or meat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to transition back to some cooked foods
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 09:21:00 pm »
I only recommend cooked food for social purposes. You need to find a cooked food that you can eat for social purposes that won't worsen your chest pain and headaches. Try one at a time, no more than one per day, to see what will work.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 09:27:10 pm »
what were you eating before?  might give some idea of why you were having heart issues or sinnusitis...but might not.  could have been food allergies, mineral imbalance, oxalate issues, etc.  i think maybe further query into why you were having issues is necessary so you dont end up adding back in foods that exacerbate symptoms.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 11:13:21 pm »
Non-cardiac chest pain is probably intestinal gas or intestinal inflammation. The pain shows up in the chest because the large intestines is right underneath the chest cavity. You may not be passing much gas, but even a little bit can cause that kind of pain. Headaches and congestion can often be intestinal issues, too.

Asking your body to process the toughened protein of cooked meat is a lot to ask. You didn't say why you want to transition back to cooked foods, but I'd say that you should play "detective" and put your health first: eat what heals you. Six weeks of healing is not a lot of time.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 01:04:12 am »
Good points about the intestines, Eve.

Offline BurritoJimmy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 08:35:28 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions.

Jessica -

My prior diet was pretty much a cooked food diet, high protein, moderate carbs and fats. For example, some egg whites and a green smoothie for breakfast, BBQ meat for lunch or something else high protein, Dinner would usually go out and have indian, greek, or sushi. I had some bad habits that I got rid of over the past 7 months in an effort to get rid of the chest pains and racing heart issues. First I cut back on alcohol and caffeine. I soon quit drinking all together and have so for 6 months. I then quit nicotine gum which was by far the hardest and have been off of that for 4 months. I then quit all caffeine and diet sodas which I have been off of for 3 months. My chest pain was better in intensity but still occurred very frequently, and I still had episodes where my HR would go up to between 130 and 180 when I was just sitting down at work doing nothing. After quitting all the stimulants etc, I then developed these hypnic jerks in my chest where right when I was about to get to sleep I'd get a huge thump in my chest that would wake me up. This kept me up all night three times. I then went on a raw foods diet.

CK - Social purposes would be the main reason. I'm thinking sushi might be a good place to start based on yours and evehearts suggestions. The only cooked ingredient I would be adding into my current diet would be white rice.

Eveheart - If I were able to I'd prefer to go back to cooked diet so long as I was not having health issues. I am glad I learned about the raw foods diet 15 years ago so I have a tool now for when docs aren't helping me out much. I agree 6 weeks is not long but 99% is far more difficult for me than say 90% or even 95% since it's very difficult socially at 99%. If I could continue to get better a little at a time at 90% I would be happy since I feel pretty good now.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:00:00 am »
Congratulations on quitting smoking and caffiene, thats no small undertaking!  You will likely see improved effects over the next couple of years as your cells continue to renew and your body chemistry changes.

Have you ever considered having your mineral levels tested?  Do you take any supplements?  It might be something as simple as having low potassium and magnesium, as these are striped through stimulant use as well as it sounds like you may have been eating a diet higher in sodium.  Both potassium and magnesium are very calming and healing to the heart and can help with palpitations.  Adding high quality salts, from seaweeds and seafoods especially, and also supplementing until you are more healed might be a good idea.

You may also do well with adding more high quality animal fats, instead of egg whites and a green smoothy, eat the whole egg lightly cooked, the yolk has more nutrients that more bioavailable and easier to digest.  The fats are excellent for your heart and egg yolk has the benefit of choline which is excellent for digestion, amount other things.  You may also be overdoing the protein and not getting enough fats, which can cause compromised digestion and inflammation.  Try to eat more fatty seafoods, grassfed meats with gristle and fat, raw dairy, offal...get the full range of animo and fatty acids, even if you are cooking them it will be extremely beneficial.

If you are going to transition back to cooked foods, I would suggest learning how to very lightly warm foods, and figuring out how you can create meals you can take with you, as they will be far more beneficial to your health and wellbeing than most any prepared foods you can purchase. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 12:15:48 am »
Eveheart - If I were able to I'd prefer to go back to cooked diet so long as I was not having health issues. I am glad I learned about the raw foods diet 15 years ago so I have a tool now for when docs aren't helping me out much. I agree 6 weeks is not long but 99% is far more difficult for me than say 90% or even 95% since it's very difficult socially at 99%. If I could continue to get better a little at a time at 90% I would be happy since I feel pretty good now.

In that case, consider something like Dave Asprey's Bulletproof Diet Roadmap, which I think you can still get for free if you enter your email at his site. In that way of eating, you avoid the "kryptonite" foods (like sugar and alcohol) and cooking methods (like frying). Molds can also be a culprit - I know they were for me - and Asprey talks a lot about that in his books, blogs, and videos.

As others have mentioned, get some blood values for minerals and such. I supplement Vitamin D and magnesium because of low blood values. Not surprisingly, those two are very common deficiencies in a modern lifestyle.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 10:30:30 am »
For the past 6 weeks I've eaten a 99% raw food diet in an effort to get rid of daily chest pains, racing heart,  and headaches. Ive been to 2 cardios who said nothing was wrong with heart and the headaches were either migraine or sinusitis depending on the headache doc. My diet has been fruits, veggies, honey and fish. I had beef once and it caused chest pain. I'd say I'm about 95% better in terms of frequency and intensity of both. I would like to start adding back in some cooked foods to my diet but Im not sure what food I should start with whether cooked starch or meat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Socialize. Try some cooked meat.  Try some dried meat.  Or some canned meat. (survival stuff)

Do not over indulge... cooked food does not give an immediate STOP SIGNAL... that can lead to pain or indigestion.  Have some probiotics ready... or fermented foods to help digest.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 06:57:17 pm »
forget doctors. When looking at heart problems they only look for malformation and congestion. They wont admit that the mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, and detergents in vaccines store in other tissues of the body because once they do, you can sue them.

-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk