Author Topic: MAGGOT FISH LATEST!  (Read 3941 times)

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
MAGGOT FISH LATEST!
« on: July 20, 2015, 04:38:48 am »
Latest batch of Maggot Fish shows much promise.   Struggling as ever to make the process work, I leave the Cod on a plate in the garden most of a sunny day, take it up and keep it in a box, airing daily whilst watching developments.   Once the occupants have reached a size about 1 cm x 0.2 cm diameter and fish has shrunk to a mess of brown gooey gravy it can be tested.   It has a fantastically strong cheesy, fishy flavor that almost takes your breath away, and I have never had anything like it!   They make a splendid job, and you can eat the little individuals with their cheesy sauce.    It is almost unbelievably good, and I can't wait to try more tomorrow!   Sabertooth you are a genius!

Please don't go near anyone once you have had it unless you suck a very strong mint indeed, or they will express disapproval in the strongest terms!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: MAGGOT FISH LATEST!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:01:56 am »
LOL and don't take it to work for lunch, either. I've had my lunches kicked out of every job I've had for the last 10 years.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 07:06:39 am »
LOL I call everything "sashimi," although I just can't think of an euphemism for maggots.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 03:27:51 pm »
Euphemism for 'maggots'?    How about fellow diners?

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:17:31 pm »
MAGGOT MAJOR MISS-MANAGEMENT.
Recently failed to air the box often, and found all maggots apparently DEAD.   Going to erect dozens of tiny tombstones, but left to air overnight and ALL RECOVERED next day!   Suggest airing daily is absolutely necessary to keep your dinner happy!

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 09:26:35 pm »
I understand that maggots' excretions turn to ammonia quickly, so I was wondering if there is much ammonia odor from your process. That's the one factor that has prevented me from raising maggots to eat. If there is ammonia, do you ignore it? Rinse it off?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 12:32:17 am »
Please do not be put off by ammonia smell which can easily be fanned away, waving a sheet of paper.   I have found the rotted fish has an indescribably strong flavor, and torches the back of the throat.   Just been eating bits of the really rotted fish, live maggots and (regrettably) many dead maggots and all taste wonderful.   Have yet to try meat, but am quite happy to share my meal with flies, as they will later share it with their offspring.   It would be impossible to get meat or fish to this degree of rottenness by merely aging it in an enclosed space, while excluding flies.

Honored by your interest, as one of the 'Queens of Raw Paleo' as well as an enthusiastic experimenter!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk