Author Topic: Lets Discuss Raw Eggs  (Read 4722 times)

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Lets Discuss Raw Eggs
« on: July 26, 2015, 08:35:26 am »
Lately Ive been getting a little away from anopsology but still try to do it alot but thats besides the point

Alot of my friends consume alot of raw eggs and have been trying to get me to consume more of them for year... I have read up alot on raw eggs being good for longevity.... explain this to me?

why are raw eggs such a good food and do you agree with them being a good food to eat every day?

I have been making some smoothies with wild dandelion, wild blueberries, half a banana and 2 raw eggs everyday and it makes me feel  really
satisfied. 

So lets discuss the benefits of raw eggs and why they are good for health, longevity, etc..

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Discuss Raw Eggs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:16:46 am »
Their usefulness depends on what the chicken/duck/whatever was eating. The quality of the feed determines the quality of the egg.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 10:06:44 am »
easy source of raw fat.
but instinctively, i would want variety... so a t times we dont have eggs.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:27:34 am »
My source of raw eggs is from farmers market, free range, cage free, omnivorous chickens who sometimes get organic vegetables as a supplement.

I try to eat with the seasons, even with my eggs...Im actually trying to learn more about seasonal eating with everything..
I consume alot of bison meat as well and trying to eat it in season.. Eating meat like i do.. it is hard to know when it is in season.

My goal is to eventually be 100 percent instincto while eating foods closer to the ancient varieties (EX: dandelion greens and wild berries) completely with the seasons... but at the moment I am trying to heal my body  from years of junk food eating.
I find it easy to heal with smoothies, very lightly cooked rare meat, eggs, some greens and low sugar berries.

but pack to the point....I find that even not eating instinctively... including a raw egg or two on a daily basis makes me feel pretty darn good..
Ive never really enjoyed the consistency of raw eggs but I feel like they add something Im missing.

Two of the oldest women in the world (if not the two oldest) contribute there longevity (115+ years) partially to eggs/raw eggs

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/world/raw-eggs-and-no-husband-since-38-keep-her-young-at-115.html?_r=0

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11721581/Worlds-oldest-person-116-eats-diet-of-bacon-and-eggs.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:46:08 am by AnopsStudier »

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 03:46:44 pm »
Presently about 6 eggs a day (on average). Have my own chickens, since end of may, 13 of them.
Their diet: sprouted wheat, beef fat, beef liver, fish, coldpressed hemp seed leftovers (the "cake"), a little hemp seed oil, greens-grass, bugs-worms, snails-slugs, some ground egg shells.

Yolks seem to go gradually yellower and bigger. First ones were quite light and small.

Good eggs, taste good. Nutritious and easy to digest.
Found out that eggs can be whisked to foamy mass using honey as sweetener... Like a rawist's dessert... Though the airy-bubbly mass in the stomach can be uncomfortable till the air isn't expelled.

Why they are so good is because a whole new animal is supposed to grow from them. Which means the eggs need to contain a lot of different nutrients, essentially everything a body needs.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 05:03:13 pm »
I cannot get hold of raw, pastured eggs just raw, organic,free-range eggs from supermarkets. I get ones which are omega-3-enriched if possible. I used to gorge on raw eggs but found that when I did so, my body would just vacate the eggs mostly undigested the other end quite quickly. I see raw eggs as a raw junk-food(unless pastured), good to eat for instant energy but not that useful for  rebuilding of the body/health-regain or  a constant diet item.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:19:13 am »
I usually add raw egg yolk to meats if i am wanting more fats or eat a yolk or two as a small meal, its always totally satiating.  The only time I will eat the white is if it has been slowly cooked and never over cooked, because they become plastic and there is no way its easy to digest and its just totally unpalatable.  I agree with what everyone else has mentioned about source and either get them from free range mountain chickens or pay $8 at the grocery co-op for truly pastured eggs from a farm a few hours away.  I wil go through phases of really enjoying them, like this spring, to times when i dont really care for them but eat them because they are available, like this summer, which makes sense since most wild birds are, for the most part, done laying.  I never eat more than a couple a day, and naturally take weeks off eating them. They are extremely high in a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, animo and fatty acids that are very bioavailable, especially if you leave out the yolk.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 12:32:48 am »
I eat eggs alone (no smoothies) and only in season when I can find the ones from chickens who are fed a biologically-appropriate diet. Not only do I interrogate the egg rancher about the hens' lifestyle, but I visit the ranch to make sure I see chicken coops for nighttime safety, not battery houses with 10,000 hens and a tiny door at one side of the building. Here in California, the label on the egg carton can be deceiving and still be worded legally.

I have never found hens that are raised/fed perfectly (like the wild, foraging creatures they were meant to be), but I suppose that's the compromise: unless you want to forage for wild eggs in the springtime, even the practice of gathering eggs to keep the hen from becoming broody and stop laying is not a natural thing.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk