7 (30.4%)
Ocasionally
4 (17.4%)
Rarely
7 (30.4%)
Never
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Do you use salt?  (Read 29879 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Do you use salt?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 06:13:44 pm »
My usual routine is to eat only meats for 2-4 days at a time, and then to have a sizeable amount of fruit on the 2nd to 4th day, rather than just 1-2 pieces every single day(I don't often eat large fruit, it's mainly berries(blueberries/raspberries/strawberries) or cherries. There are also times when I'm forced to eat raw fruit only for a few days when good-quality raw animal food is for some reason unavailable(such as has happened, occasionally, while on holiday etc.) I also eat raw vegetables(radishes a few times each year, a bunch of carrots once or twice a year,samphire(eaten quite frequently over a 1 to 3 month period, and the occasional salad with raw apple-cider vinegar when visiting my family).Oh, and I eat the bits of seaweed I get when I buy my raw mussels.

Initially, when I try raw zero-carb, I get great benefits re increased levels of concentration/alertness(though nothing else). This 1 good effect lasts for c.2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I start getting sharp hunger-pangs(which are not sated by however much raw meats I eat, only sated by eating raw carbs). If I continue avoiding raw plant-food after that point, that's when I start getting extremely dehydrated(no matter how much water I drink- the water just gets quickly urinated out without being absorbed)- I also get a total collapse in appetite, so that eating my raw meat/fat becomes almost unbearable, having to force myself to eat even tiny amounts.My heart-rate goes through the roof and  I feel like I'm on my death-bed
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

JaX

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 02:01:02 am »
My usual routine is to eat only meats for 2-4 days at a time, and then to have a sizeable amount of fruit on the 2nd to 4th day, rather than just 1-2 pieces every single day(I don't often eat large fruit, it's mainly berries(blueberries/raspberries/strawberries) or cherries. There are also times when I'm forced to eat raw fruit only for a few days when good-quality raw animal food is for some reason unavailable(such as has happened, occasionally, while on holiday etc.) I also eat raw vegetables(radishes a few times each year, a bunch of carrots once or twice a year,samphire(eaten quite frequently over a 1 to 3 month period, and the occasional salad with raw apple-cider vinegar when visiting my family).Oh, and I eat the bits of seaweed I get when I buy my raw mussels.

Initially, when I try raw zero-carb, I get great benefits re increased levels of concentration/alertness(though nothing else). This 1 good effect lasts for c.2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I start getting sharp hunger-pangs(which are not sated by however much raw meats I eat, only sated by eating raw carbs). If I continue avoiding raw plant-food after that point, that's when I start getting extremely dehydrated(no matter how much water I drink- the water just gets quickly urinated out without being absorbed)- I also get a total collapse in appetite, so that eating my raw meat/fat becomes almost unbearable, having to force myself to eat even tiny amounts.My heart-rate goes through the roof and  I feel like I'm on my death-bed

Very interesting Tyler! Thanks for sharing

I too get rapid heart beat after too long on zero carb (1 week). At some point it's like my whole body including digestion slows down and doesn't flow as well. I start feeling heavier and slightly more bloated, no matter what the ratio of fat/protein. I then start finding meat less and less appetizing and it doesn't digest so well. I start craving low-density foods which digest fast and easy (I don't crave sugar in particular I should mention, just something that takes less energy than meat to digest). I also experience heart palpitations.

I think it's related to hormones, cortisol/adrenalin, which rise on zero carb. Maybe overall lowered metabolism too.

Maybe the paleo hunter was ZC longer periods than us, but he sure didn't live in the same environment as the present, exercised more, got more sun, and, wasn't raised on industrial/processed foods from the beginning of life.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 02:06:41 am by Seeker »

JaX

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 02:05:42 am »
I'd actually like to hear if some long time zero carbers went though the same symptoms in the beginning of ZC and if it went away or changed.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 02:35:50 am »
My heart-rate goes through the roof and  I feel like I'm on my death-bed

If you are peeing water strait out again and your heart-rate goes through the roof then this must have some thing to do with a mineral disbalance. Why do you think carbs are the answer? You should be able to notice if you feel bloated or any other symptoms?

Nicola

JaX

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 03:09:13 am »
If you are peeing water strait out again and your heart-rate goes through the roof then this must have some thing to do with a mineral disbalance. Why do you think carbs are the answer? You should be able to notice if you feel bloated or any other symptoms?

Nicola

What about when one eats high quality organs as well (such as liver, kidneys, heart) which are full of minerals?

I have tried using different salts and it didn't help with my rapid heart beat and the very vivid/disturbing dreams I experience when I am ZC for longer time. If you are suggesting taking Magnesium/Ca/mineral supplements when on ZC then it's not really an optimal diet in my view. A good diet should work without the use of supplements as crutches.

I've also noticed many zero carbers have very black circles under the eyes. I tend to think the problems some people experience on long term ZC are due to hormone levels.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:14:39 am by Seeker »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 04:09:31 am »

Nicola

I'd already been eating very mineral-rich raw organ-meats, so mineral-deficiency couldn't possibly  be the answer. Craig once suggested that people with adrenal-related issues might have problems with RZC. I used to have adrenal-related issues(which went away by the 2nd time I went RZC, but it's possible that my adrenal glands were still a bit weak, despite the healing).

But, most likely, it's just a case of different physiology not adapted to zero-carb etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 04:56:56 am »
I'd already been eating very mineral-rich raw organ-meats, so mineral-deficiency couldn't possibly  be the answer. Craig once suggested that people with adrenal-related issues might have problems with RZC. I used to have adrenal-related issues(which went away by the 2nd time I went RZC, but it's possible that my adrenal glands were still a bit weak, despite the healing).

But, most likely, it's just a case of different physiology not adapted to zero-carb etc.

What I can not understand is that the zero carb members on Charle's forum do not mention any problem of feeling dehydrated. The next thought was digestion; cooked vs. raw? Charles mentioned again today to eat fat in the warm weather and not drink lots of cold water and eat salad.

Seeker mentioned raw meat feeling heavy and not moving threw - again the other zero carb members (cooked meat) do not mention this.

Adrenals and stomach acid - digestion/metabolism is all hooked together.

Lex has never reported of any problems, eats raw zero carb and lives in a warm climate.

Hydration, perhaps we can find out more?

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 05:50:08 pm »
Perhaps it's just that the cooked-zero-carbers are less honest than RAFers.

As regards the notion of eating fat in hot weather, that's ridiculous. I find, for example, that eating lots of raw animal fat/meat, while effective in winter re heating up the body, is a really bad idea in summer - so, in the summer, I tend to eat more raw fish/shellfish than in winter, as well as adding in
slightly more raw fruit/veg and lowering the amounts of meat/fat I eat, doing more fast-days etc. If I eat large amounts of raw animal fat/meat in the summer, I just sweat like a pig.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »
Perhaps it's just that the cooked-zero-carbers are less honest than RAFers.

As regards the notion of eating fat in hot weather, that's ridiculous. I find, for example, that eating lots of raw animal fat/meat, while effective in winter re heating up the body, is a really bad idea in summer - so, in the summer, I tend to eat more raw fish/shellfish than in winter, as well as adding in
slightly more raw fruit/veg and lowering the amounts of meat/fat I eat, doing more fast-days etc. If I eat large amounts of raw animal fat/meat in the summer, I just sweat like a pig.

???

You mentioned organ meat; didn't you eat muscle meat every day - perhaps that is the key? Those other zerocarb members on Charle's forum are not eating organs.

I am not so shore about the fat - if we look at Charles and know that he does a lot of exercise what can we say?

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 08:41:21 pm »
???

You mentioned organ meat; didn't you eat muscle meat every day - perhaps that is the key? Those other zerocarb members on Charle's forum are not eating organs.

I am not so shore about the fat - if we look at Charles and know that he does a lot of exercise what can we say?

Nicola

The trouble is that other RAFers have also mentioned becoming too hot after eating too much meat/fat in the summer. Also, when I used to eat cooked foods pre-RAF diet, I would also feel hotter if I overate cooked animal food, especially if fatty.

Re organ-meats:- The only organ-meats I was eating during my zero-carb trials were marrow, suet, heart and tongue, I didn't touch organs like liver/kidney which are lower in fat. The argument re only eating muscle-meat falls apart as  the zero-carb Inuit all ate organ-meats. I was eating plenty of raw animal fat etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
fungi, digestion weakness
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 01:41:24 am »

"I start getting sharp hunger-pangs(which are not sated by however much raw meats I eat, only sated by eating raw carbs). If I continue avoiding raw plant-food after that point, that's when I start getting extremely dehydrated(no matter how much water I drink- the water just gets quickly urinated out without being absorbed)"

here's a possible alternative explanation:
candida overgrowth, systemic fungi
> thirst (fungi want to drink)
> fruit cravings (fungi want to eat sugars or starches)

"I also get a total collapse in appetite, so that eating my raw meat/fat becomes almost unbearable, having to force myself to eat even tiny amounts.My heart-rate goes through the roof and  I feel like I'm on my death-bed"

here's a possible alternative explanation:
low hcl acid or other digestive fluids in the stomach

in this regard, see the list posted in another thread:

"Here are a few of the symptoms of low stomach acid:
belching or gas within one hour of a meal
bloating shortly after eating
bad breath
loss of taste for meat
nausea after taking supplements
brittle fingernails
undigested food in stool
foul-smelling stools
stomach pain
desire to skip meals
estrogen buildup
acne rosacea
depression"

some1 else's experience:

"my whole body including digestion slows down and doesn't flow as well. I start feeling heavier and slightly more bloated, no matter what the ratio of fat/protein. I then start finding meat less and less appetizing and it doesn't digest so well. I start craving low-density foods which digest fast and easy (I don't crave sugar in particular I should mention, just something that takes less energy than meat to digest). I also experience heart palpitations."

this sounds like a combination of the 2 issues just mentioned above: fungi + low digestive fluids

"think it's related to hormones, cortisol/adrenalin, which rise on zero carb. Maybe overall lowered metabolism too."

yes, when it comes to sugar/carb metabolism & availability through the blood, the liver works in sync w/ the adrenals & the pancreas
also, the minerals needed for all 3 glands to work properly may not be available or usable by the body due to poor digestion -- a vicious circle, indeed

"time & gradient precede existence", me

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
no sugar but brine
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 01:56:08 am »

incidentally, 1 thing i've noticed in my case is that if i eat & drink everything i eat or drink together w/ the appropriate amount of a brine (as explained by me earlier in this thread) i do not need any kind of sweetener nor to i feel like eating anything sweet such as fruit for ex.
i've experimented even such things as drinking coffee or a raw cacao infusion: they are fine w/ the brine, no need of any type of sugar

so the key is in the minerals...

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
brine + lemon
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 02:07:28 am »

... & the brine is even more effective (& tasty too) when combined w/ the right amount of lemon...

huh!

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 05:00:29 am »
I start getting extremely dehydrated(no matter how much water I drink- the water just gets quickly urinated out without being absorbed)- My heart-rate goes through the roof and  I feel like I'm on my death-bed

Now in some cases crystal salt may lower high blood pressure within a few days. Other effects that people may notice rather quickly is that their bodies are more easily hydrated. They drink water, but it seems to finally do what water’s supposed to do in the body. You may start to find your cravings for sugar diminish. Crystal salt helps us to stay hydrated because it electrically charges the body in such a way that we can use water more efficiently so our blood will stay naturally thin, move easily and gracefully through our arteries and capillary system without increased blood pressure.A lot of people report that chronic pains lessen to some extent even after taking crystal salt for only one or two weeks. Other benefits are more of a long-term nature such as the detoxification of the body which is something you would never want to rush. If you use crystal salt in your diet regularly, you should have sufficient iodine coverage. Also with weight loss, crystal salt can help over time. There are immediate, midterm and long term benefits from taking crystal salt but I would not try too much to envision when these benefits should occur because the wisdom of your body always knows best. Now as we know from medicine, dehydration is a problem that can support the origin of any disease that we know of. On the other hand, hydration on a cellular level, which requires more than just drinking water, it requires water and the right type of salt that can help us with any health condition and can also improve our well being in general.

Many studies have been done in Europe on crystal salt. These studies show that crystal salt contains calcium and magnesium. These minerals are essential for staying healthy. Peter Ferreira conducted a study on 400 people (done over a 2 year period) that proves the importance of crystal salt in our diets. In his book “Water and Salt”, he found that by using crystal salt, blood pressure can be balanced, calcium deposits can be eliminated, usable oxygen in blood can increase, red blood cells can be un-clumped, blood can be detoxified, the full spectrum of elements that resonates with our bones and enzymes and builds bone marrow can be utilized, radiation is neutralized, capillaries can become more elastic and blood flow increases, extra electrons are added to the body, (which are free radical scavengers), the entire spectrum of electrolytes that the body needs can be received, uric acid can be detoxified from sodium chloride intake, a possible increase of elimination of heavy metals through the stool may occur, and cravings for sweets are reduced.

The salt can detox in two different ways: By taking the brine or salt you detoxify through the elimination process and the other by bathing in a salt bath, using the Miracle Krystal Bath Salt you detoxify through the skin. The bath is a gentler way and can be used by people who have been more severely poisoned through industrial chemicals. The bath is gentler because the toxins come through the skin and do not have to pass through the liver and kidneys to exit the body.

One of the first symptoms of detoxification that a lot of people notice when they start using the brine is that they have a natural desire to drink more water. This is not the same as being really thirsty from over-eating salt, as you may have experienced in the past with table salt, but it’s a natural inclination because the body needs more water to flush out the toxins that are set in motion by the use of the brine. Some people experience mild detoxification symptoms in the form of a light headache for a day or two, maybe some skin rashes, change in body temperature, a skin irritation, constipation or bowel movements. Usually these detoxification symptoms are very mild and only if they should persist and bother you would I recommend you stop using the brine and simply use the granulated salt on your food which will not cause a detoxification reaction.

Brine Detox Information: For some people the brine can be a powerful detoxifier. Those who are taking any prescriptions or over the counter medications, or have any condition that may be salt sensitive, are advised to consult a knowledgeable healthcare professional before taking the brine. We strongly suggest that you start with one drop and slowly increase to a maximum of one teaspoon per day. More is not necessarily better. Small amounts on a daily basis will bring the best results. If you experience any symptoms of discomfort, stop taking the brine immediately and consult your healthcare professional. Not recommended for children under the age of 18. Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women. Drink a minimum of two quarts of pure water daily when using the brine.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 05:14:54 am »
Been as we are talking about hydration and fruit - suger!...

Foods That Damage
Sugar Is Poison!
The average person living in the Western world consumes about 125 pounds of refined table sugar every year! Did you know that sugar is poisonous to the body and that it leads to, or directly causes, 146 health problems and diseases? Here are just a few examples:

Sugar can suppress the immune system and it contributes to the reduction in the body's defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases). Scientists have proven that too much sugar is the death of the immune system.
Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body. It also interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
Sugar produces a low oxygen environment = cancer and candida (fungal) growth environment.
Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function.
Sugar can cause and/or lead to appendicitis, atherosclerosis, arthritis,asthma, cancer, candida (fungal overgrowth), eczema, emphysema, gallstones,heart disease, hemorrhoids, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, periodontal disease, varicose veins, etc.
Sugar weakens eyesight and it can cause cataracts.
Sugar contributes to diabetes and obesity.
Sugar can impair the structure of DNA (genes).
Sugar is the #1 enemy of the bowel movement.
Sugar can cause headaches, including migraine.
Sugar can cause depression.
Sugar causes indigestion and constipation.
Sugar feeds cancer and other fungal diseases, i.e. candida (fungal overgrowth).
Sugar is an addictive substance, and it can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.
For the complete list see Sugar, 146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health.

The fact that sugar greatly depresses the immune system has been known for many years, mainly because of Linus Pauling. He is the only person ever to receive two unshared Nobel Prizes — for Chemistry (1954) and for Peace (1962). He concluded that white blood cells need a high dose of vitamin C, and so he developed his theory that high doses of vitamin C were needed to combat the common cold, the flu, and even cancer.

Did you know that vitamin C and sugar have similar chemical structures so that means they compete with one another for entry into the cells? New research confirms Dr. John Ely's 30-year theory that sugar (glucose) competes with ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) for insulin-mediated uptake into cells.

Consuming sugar can effectively crowd out the ascorbate (vitamin C). The effect of the Pauling Therapy [high doses of vitamin C] is reportedly much more pronounced and immediate when sugar is eliminated.

If there is more sugar around less vitamin C is allowed into the cell, and vice versa. It is interesting that taking vitamin C also helps curb cravings for sugar, alcohol and carbohydrates. Since our bodies cannot make vitamin C on its own, it must be obtained from foods or supplements on a daily basis.

In his book Sugar Blues, Bill Dufty points out numerous examples of physical diseases and psychological disorders that can be traced back to diets that are deficient in whole unprocessed foods, and dominated by highly processed fats and sugars.

One example he notes is that "by 1662, sugar consumption in England had zoomed from zero to some 16 million pounds a year, this in little over two centuries. Then, in 1665, London was swept by a plague." However, the bubonic plague was blamed on rats?

The problem with sugar consumption is not just limited to refined table sugar. Other types of sugars are just as damaging, i.e. corn syrup and sweeteners, honey, maple syrup, molasses, glucose, fructose (fruits), and all artificial sugar substitutes and sweeteners, i.e. NutraSweet, aspartame, saccharin, etc. – see the partial list below.

Names for Sugars and Sweeteners (partial list)

Aspartame
Acesulfame-K
alitame
cane
sugar
carmel
carob powder
corn starch
corn syrup
crystalline powder
carbohydrate
cyclamate
date sugar
disaccharides
dextrin
dextrose
 erythritol
fructose
galactose
glucose
invert
sugar
lactitol
lactose
levulose
malts of any kind
maltitol
maltodextrin
maltose
manitol
mannitol
monosaccharides
 Naturlose
NutraSweet
polydextrose
polysaccharides
ribose
saccharin
sorbitol
sorghum
suamiel
sucanat
sucrose
tagatose
talose
trehalose
Xylitol

Artificial sugars are particularly damaging to the body because they are neurotoxic, meaning they cause damage to the brain, spinal cord and nervous system. In Sugar-Free Blues Jim Earles writes this about aspartame:

"Researchers at Utah State University found that even at low levels aspartame induces adverse changes in the pituitary glands of mice. The pituitary gland is the master gland upon which the proper function of all biochemical processes depend.

When aspartame is digested it breaks down into the amino acids phenylalanine and aspartic acid, plus methanol. Methanol, or wood alcohol, is a known poison.

Methanol is also found in fruit juices, and our regulatory agencies have seized upon this fact to assure us that the methanol by-product of aspartame is not harmful. They fail to point out that the methanol content of a diet soft drink is 15 to 100 times higher than that of fruit juices."

Fruit Is Not As Healthy As You Think
Did you know that fruit is not the healthy food it is claimed to be? Fruit is mostly fructose sugar with some vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Those vitamins and nutrients are easily obtained from meats, eggs, and vegetables.

Did you know there is more vitamin C in broccoli and peppers than in any fruits sold at the grocery store today, and that meats and eggs also contain vitamin C?

Even healthy people should limit fruit consumption to two per day and they should always be accompanied by plenty of saturated fats to slow the release of fructose into the bloodstream.

That is why strawberries and cream tastes so good together! Like all other sugars, fructose causes insulin resistance (see the section below), as proven in scientific tests. Fruits that are lowest in sugar are grapefruit, lemon and lime.

Also a high carbohydrate diet is just as damaging to your body as sugar – see the section below Scientific Proof Carbohydrates Cause Disease. Did you know you can obtain all of your body's blood sugar requirements by eating meats, eggs and saturated fats, and no carbohydrates!

That is because "58% of the protein and about 10% of the fat you eat are converted to glucose," as stated by Prevention Magazine.

Insulin Resistant Cells
Sugar and a diet high in carbohydrates creates insulin resistant cell. Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas. It helps the body utilize blood glucose (blood sugar) by binding with receptors on cells like a key would fit into a lock.

Once the key, which is insulin, has unlocked the door, the glucose can pass from the blood into the cell. Inside the cell, glucose is either used for energy or stored for future use in the form of glycogen in the liver or muscle cells.

The body's cells become insulin resistant because they are trying to protect themselves from the toxic effects of high insulin, which is required to regulate blood sugar levels when the diet is high in sugars and carbohydrates.

This causes the cells to down-regulate their receptor activity and the numbers of their receptors so they don't have to receive ?that noxious stimuli' all the time.

It is like having this loud disgusting music being played and you have to turn down the volume. Insulin resistance by the cells leads to blood sugar problems like hypoglycemia and diabetes, and also to high blood pressure.

In Insulin and Its Metabolic Affects Ron Rosedale, M.D. states: "A less known fact is that insulin also stores magnesium. But if your cells become resistant to insulin, you can't store magnesium so you lose it through urination.

Intracellular magnesium relaxes muscles. What happens when you can't store magnesium because the cell is resistant? You lose magnesium and your blood vessels constrict. This causes an increase in blood pressure and a reduction in energy since intracellular magnesium is required for all energy producing reactions that take place in the cell.

But most importantly, magnesium is also necessary for the action of insulin and the manufacture of insulin. When you raise your insulin, you lose magnesium, and the cells become even more insulin resistant.

Blood vessels constrict and glucose and insulin can't get to the tissues, which makes them more insulin resistant, so the insulin levels go up and you lose more magnesium. This is the vicious cycle that begins even before you were born."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:24:07 am by Nicola »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 05:32:46 am »
Neither of the suggestions seem likely to me. By the time I went in for raw zero-carb I'd already got rid of the various health-problems I'd incurred from years of doing cooked diets. And I didn't have any symptoms of low stomach-acid either (indeed, my digestion very quickly improved as soon as I went in for a carb-filled raw animal food diet(and cut out the dairy).

Other possibilities could be that some  people who've been for decades on a carb-rich diet cannot simply switch over as their body has become rigidly accustomed to carbs.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 05:52:10 am »
Although I still don't like salt, I find I can tolerate it the more (raw) meat I eat, and I mean tolerate it well.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 04:28:50 pm »

I thought candida overgrowth too. Sounds very similiar to what I experienced.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

JaX

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 08:12:05 pm »

I thought candida overgrowth too. Sounds very similiar to what I experienced.

Tell us how you cured it and how long it took. What were the symptoms you had along the way?

JaX

Re: no sugar but brine
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 08:15:47 pm »

incidentally, 1 thing i've noticed in my case is that if i eat & drink everything i eat or drink together w/ the appropriate amount of a brine (as explained by me earlier in this thread) i do not need any kind of sweetener nor to i feel like eating anything sweet such as fruit for ex.
i've experimented even such things as drinking coffee or a raw cacao infusion: they are fine w/ the brine, no need of any type of sugar

so the key is in the minerals...

rafonly could you please explain exactly the amounts of brine and lemon juice you consume with your meat? Do you drink the brine solution/lemon before or after the meal?

I'm going to try drinking some fresh squeezed lemon juice with my meats to see if that aids digestion. I think I might have low HCl since I belch a lot after a fatty meat meal.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 09:17:46 pm »
I'm going to try drinking some fresh squeezed lemon juice with my meats to see if that aids digestion. I think I might have low HCl since I belch a lot after a fatty meat meal.

Lemon juice has nothing to do with your body's HCl.

Nicola

JaX

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 09:28:01 pm »

Nicola

it is acidic though and I think it helps keeping the acidic pH of the stomach. This alone activates many enzymes which need acidic conditions. So it's not the same as adding HCl but it should provide some benefit.

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
bine, lemon, ginger
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 01:23:01 am »

of course  lemon is different from the stomach hcl acid -- lemon was still a fruit last time i checked...

nevertheless, lemon is helpful to overcome digestive weakness or fungi overgrowth, which may be correlated (google lemon fungi or digestion); helpful as well, afaik, are sea salt dissolved in water & dried (or fresh) ginger

some of the virtues of lemon:
~ the only fruit that is anionic
~ citric acid (an indispensable element in the digestive process)
~ antioxidant power
~ mineral content

it's useless to tell some1 else what to eat or drink, how much, in what proportions, when, etc.
every1 = an individual: some1's food = some1 else's poison
in the end, every1 has to do their own experimentation

that said, i tend to think that a combination of the 3 items i just mentioned may turn out to be the right thing for some people
such as, for ex, a meat dressing made of brine, lemon, ground dried ginger (to sip or to dip minced meat in), or a ginger tea complete w/ sea salt & lemon, or other preparations of the 3

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 09:10:56 pm »

Nicola

using lemon WITH the meat, i can't digest the meat.  sometimes it helps my meat digestion though if i take lemon first thing in the morning, and have the meat later in the day
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2009, 01:47:27 am »
I recently tried using some salt in my water when I work out (b/c of this discussion).  Also I'll put a lemon or lime in there too.  Made a big difference.  Have a lot more energy.
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk