Raw Paleo Diet Forums > General Discussion

Iconic raw-meat-eating scenes in films/TV+texts about eating raw meat

<< < (3/28) > >>

William:
In "The Snow Walker" located just East of Stefansson country, there are two scenes IIRC. One is the same as the fish-eating described by Stefansson, the other is snacking on bits while butchering a caribou.

BTW this is a great movie for close-as-possible to Paleo ways, as the female star, a real Inuk, plays an Inuk of the traditional culture and she obviously knows what she is doing.

This movie is a gold mine for paleo stuff, including a "gathering" (female behaviour & tool) scene. I'll give it away - she "gathers" a burrowing animal that she calls a "sik-sik". It looked to me like unto at groundhog/woodchuck. Not roots or berries; the Inuit knew better than to waste their time on carbs.

There is also a scene showing drying carbou meat and rendering the fat; I don't remember this as having been described by Stefansson.

invisible:

--- Quote from: TylerDurden on April 03, 2009, 05:49:40 pm ---Are you sure they were raw, not cooked?

--- End quote ---

The snakes were still alive!

Satya:

--- Quote from: William on April 03, 2009, 11:12:13 pm ---In "The Snow Walker" located just East of Stefansson country, there are two scenes IIRC. One is the same as the fish-eating described by Stefansson, the other is snacking on bits while butchering a caribou.

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen that one.  There is one movie about the people on the top of the earth, and I can't remember the name of it (and maybe since you know this one and Never Cry Wolf, you may know this too).  It has whale hunting in it, and the male lead gets seriously mauled by a wolf.  This wolf encounter was foreseen bay an elder (?iirc).  His woman fixes him up, and sews animal skin on part of his face as he is really messed up by the attack.  They had a baby too, so she had to work her butt off to help her mate recover and care for baby and deal with a harsh environment.  Good movie, but I can't recommend it without a name.  Anyone know?

William:
I haven't seen that one, but a newspaper offered a $5,000 reward to anyone who had credible evidence of a wolf ever attacking anyone in Canada, this starting ~1930, when that was serious money.
It was never claimed.

seesawsemiology:
gee, thanks hari0001.
i feel like there has to be a scene in "ravenous" , i think its a funny movie for any RAFers...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version