Author Topic: Iconic raw-meat-eating scenes in films/TV+texts about eating raw meat  (Read 117377 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Iconic raw-meat-eating scenes in films/TV+texts about eating raw meat
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2016, 10:38:07 pm »
Apparently, the vulture was real in the movie(Conan The Barbarian), albeit quite dead:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUwPHTI47Lg

It's a pity that Arnold did not go in for RVAF diets like so many earlier bodybuilder-champions.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2016, 10:55:18 pm »
The movie Unbroken (2014) is pretty bad so I don't recommend it, but there's a scene where they're stranded in the middle of the ocean and they catch a gull that lands on their boat and it's implied that they eat it raw, but then they're all vomiting. Then they catch a fish and again, it's implied they eat it raw. The movie is supposedly based on real events that took place during WWII.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2016, 10:58:49 pm »
It's a pity that Arnold did not go in for RVAF diets like so many earlier bodybuilder-champions.

AV claimed Arnold Schwarzenegger and Silvester Stallone would go on his diet (or something similar) on and off, every so often. But what other bodybuilders are you referring to? I'm interested.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2016, 11:38:19 pm »
Armand Tanny, among others:-

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/splendid-specimens-the-history-of-nutrition-in-bodybuilding/

I doubt AV ever even met either Arnold or Stallone. He was often making things up. Mel Gibson apparently did(is doing?)  the "Tiger Diet", a raw-meat/raw olive-oil kind of diet. I even heard from a raw vegan chef once that she provided Primal-Diet-oriented raw meals to Val Kilmer once by delivery. Oh, and Uma Thurman is(I think?)  a raw-meat-eater.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2016, 12:45:40 am »
In Perry A Chapdelaine's novelette "Brood World Barbarian", the protagonist is depicted as a barbarian savage/superman  who likes eating raw meat.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2016, 10:00:06 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWVzPC-k-cQ

In the first part, Sledgehammer is talked about his eating  of raw fish!
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2017, 03:38:01 am »
In this video(SNL?), the actress who plays Grace Jones claims to like to eat alligator raw(!), at  c.2 minutes into the video:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQopdEwzRj0

I rather like this notion, held in mainstream society, that a woman who eats raw meat is considered to be more sexually aggressive. Unfortunately, men who eat raw meat tend to be portrayed as being cannibals and the like, more often than not....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:44:18 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2017, 08:46:05 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4337904/The-Ripper-suspect-ve-never-heard-of.html

Walter Sickert is claimed to have been interested in eating raw (human) flesh. Probably sensationalist nonsense, but....
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2017, 07:21:56 am »
Peter Lorre, one of my all-time favourite actors, apparently once said in the film, "Stranger on the Third Floor", the words "I want a couple of hamburgers and I would like them raw".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qZ3W8x-yeA
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2017, 12:20:27 am »
If you guys wanna laugh, facepalm, and feel sorry for all the people involved, I suggest watching this episode of "Freaky Eaters" from 2010 if you haven't seen it already. In it, a team of doctors and psychologists try to convince a perfectly healthy raw meat eater that he's destroying his health and putting his life at risk with his addiction to raw meat and that this addiction was caused by psychological childhood problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqMXiSDDi9Y
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:35:00 am by dariorpl »

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2017, 02:24:52 am »
If you guys wanna laugh, facepalm, and feel sorry for all the people involved, I suggest watching this episode of "Freaky Eaters" from 2010 if you haven't seen it already. In it, a team of doctors and psychologists try to convince a perfectly healthy raw meat eater that he's destroying his health and putting his life at risk with his addiction to raw meat and that this addiction was caused by psychological childhood problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqMXiSDDi9Y
Anyone besides me notice he looks ten times healthier than his meat eating brother? Yeah of course you did!

Yay for Daniel eating cheap and discounted cuts of raw meat; I can really identify with this guy! If somebody bribed me with paint ball to eat a cooked steak I would eat it too!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:36:31 am by surfsteve »

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2017, 12:39:51 am »
Agree completely.   Saw this clip some time ago and felt so sorry Daniel was being tested and dissuaded from his healthy passion.   He looks so much healthier than his brother, so his enthusiasm for raw food must be serving him well.   Raw meat his choice, but hope he likes raw fish too.   Sincerely hope he overlooks the advice and resumes his raw food consumption with renewed determination.

Offline Allrawman

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2017, 04:46:34 am »
Armand Tanny, among others:-

I doubt AV ever even met either Arnold or Stallone. He was often making things up. Mel Gibson apparently did(is doing?)  the "Tiger Diet", a raw-meat/raw olive-oil kind of diet. I even heard from a raw vegan chef once that she provided Primal-Diet-oriented raw meals to Val Kilmer once by delivery. Oh, and Uma Thurman is(I think?)  a raw-meat-eater.
Tyler, what are you referring to when you say AV was often making things up? What makes you say that?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2017, 05:21:42 am »
Tyler, what are you referring to when you say AV was often making things up? What makes you say that?
AV made all sorts of absurd claims. Here are a few:-

1) He claimed in his books to know a Native American Chief of some sort. This was a blatant appeal to his Liberal clients near Malibu, California, who were precisely the sort to swallow the Noble-Savage theory, as seen in that ridiculous film "Dances with Wolves". Weston-Price did a similiar thing, though with a lot more data backing his notions.
2) AV claimed to have spent 40 days in the desert after incurring endless illnesses, only to be saved by being given raw meat by some wild coyotes. This is an obvious theft of Jesus' own 40 days and 40 nights experience in the desert, as mentioned in the New Testament!
3) Then there were AV's claims that he had done endless experiments backing his claims that raw foods were healthy, but that the laboratories involved had all been burnt to the ground, and that it would cost millions to get the relevant studies reissued/reprinted, or some such nonsense. The irony is that, while there  are few scientific studies backing raw foods, there are now tens of thousands of studies on the harm done to human and animal health as a result of  consuming toxins derived from cooking, so he didn't have to do that at all.
4) One other thing:- AV also tried to claim that allergies to raw dairy were impossible, he even stated that to me in 1 e-mail. Given that problems with raw dairy are the biggest problem reported in RVAF diet circles, this was very unfortunate. AV promoted raw dairy consumption regardless, as it was the easiest raw animal food for former cooked-foodists to get used to.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Allrawman

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2017, 11:35:42 am »
AV made all sorts of absurd claims. Here are a few:-

1) He claimed in his books to know a Native American Chief of some sort. This was a blatant appeal to his Liberal clients near Malibu, California, who were precisely the sort to swallow the Noble-Savage theory, as seen in that ridiculous film "Dances with Wolves". Weston-Price did a similiar thing, though with a lot more data backing his notions.
2) AV claimed to have spent 40 days in the desert after incurring endless illnesses, only to be saved by being given raw meat by some wild coyotes. This is an obvious theft of Jesus' own 40 days and 40 nights experience in the desert, as mentioned in the New Testament!
3) Then there were AV's claims that he had done endless experiments backing his claims that raw foods were healthy, but that the laboratories involved had all been burnt to the ground, and that it would cost millions to get the relevant studies reissued/reprinted, or some such nonsense. The irony is that, while there  are few scientific studies backing raw foods, there are now tens of thousands of studies on the harm done to human and animal health as a result of  consuming toxins derived from cooking, so he didn't have to do that at all.
4) One other thing:- AV also tried to claim that allergies to raw dairy were impossible, he even stated that to me in 1 e-mail. Given that problems with raw dairy are the biggest problem reported in RVAF diet circles, this was very unfortunate. AV promoted raw dairy consumption regardless, as it was the easiest raw animal food for former cooked-foodists to get used to.

Had been writing for last 20 min and lost it all cause logged me out when I went to post. So real quick, I get that some of his claims appear far fetched or unlikely, but most of what you're saying here in opposition to his integrity is really speculation.

Offline Allrawman

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2017, 01:01:06 pm »
Felt it unfair to leave it at that, so here was some of my thoughts:

1. Are you referring to what he writes about in his book, "We Want to Live?" I know he talks about being confused by all the seemingly conflicting and contradictory information out there on nutrition (I'm sure most of us here can relate) and deciding that if he were ever going to learn about what truly cultivates health, that he'd have to go live in the wild and learn from the animals based on how they lived, and learn from native groups as well. AV says he stayed with several native tribes for periods of time including the Inuit in Alaska. He said all of the tribes told him to eat raw meat to get well. Apparently he thought they were just trying to trick him into poisoning himself because maybe they were wanting to get revenge on the "white man," haha.

2. I think AV said he had fasted many times for various periods of time, but that his 40 day fast was one of the longer or longest. I know someone else who said he fasted for 40 days. I don't think it's implausible that Jesus' 40 days in the desert had inspired others to do the same, or similar.

3. If you read AV's books, newsletters, and Q and A gatherings he'd hold, he mentions various experimental research that he's conducted over many years - he'd say he's always experimenting with something or other and discuss what he was currently doing. But his experiments are fascinating, and there isn't any research out there that I'm aware of like the experiments he'd conduct. Yes he claims the lab that he used to analyze his samples burned down - says he paid over $1.5 mil to have this work done.
I know it sounds convenient for someone wanting to deceive people, but he often explains various experiments he would run in the context of a particular topic or in response to a particular question, and let me tell you - if he is lying about these experiments then he has a fantastic imagination and he is extremely brilliant (and a pathological liar) at constructing well reasoned, well thought out, and seemingly congruent methods and results  on the spot within a context related topic. To me that seems far fetched, as I have spoken with him on various occasions and read through much of his work, and I have never spotted an incongruence - his work is the most coherent and thorough approach I've ever seen.

4. What you're saying here doesn't deal with his integrity or lack there of, but if I remember correctly he would say that people rarely have "true" raw dairy allergies. He would emphasize working with dairy instead of avoiding it, such as drinking at room temp (cold milk can create adverse reactions), adding raw honey to aid its digestion, limiting consumption to smaller quantities (he emphasized how it could be due to detox, or body rejecting it temporarily due to digestive issues, etc.), and fermenting it (e.g., kefir), etc. So there are quite a few things one can do before rejecting it based on the conclusion theres an allergy to it. And maybe you're right that he took into consideration how its easier for most people to do than raw meat as well.

I totally get your skepticism about AV as some of his claims and stories do appear to be pretty..shall we say outlandish, or implausible? But is this basis enough to presume he is dishonest and not being truthful? I think its too easy to dismiss him based on this alone. I say look at his work in depth and judge his work based on how well it appeals to your sense of reason, (maybe intuition) and most importantly if it actually works!   

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2017, 02:42:46 pm »
Felt it unfair to leave it at that, so here was some of my thoughts:
1. Are you referring to what he writes about in his book, "We Want to Live?" I know he talks about being confused by all the seemingly conflicting and contradictory information out there on nutrition (I'm sure most of us here can relate) and deciding that if he were ever going to learn about what truly cultivates health, that he'd have to go live in the wild and learn from the animals based on how they lived, and learn from native groups as well. AV says he stayed with several native tribes for periods of time including the Inuit in Alaska. He said all of the tribes told him to eat raw meat to get well. Apparently he thought they were just trying to trick him into poisoning himself because maybe they were wanting to get revenge on the "white man," haha.
Pure bunk. There was so little info provided that it is all highly dubious. When he's being honest, he usually  provides more data.
2. I think AV said he had fasted many times for various periods of time, but that his 40 day fast was one of the longer or longest. I know someone else who said he fasted for 40 days. I don't think it's implausible that Jesus' 40 days in the desert had inspired others to do the same, or similar.
Either way, AV had a "Jesus" complex. But the whole additional coyote nonsense makes it clear he was spouting tall stories. Since when do wild coyote packs give humans raw meat? I could understand a coyote stealing from human garbage dumps etc., but this is ridiculous.
3. If you read AV's books, newsletters, and Q and A gatherings he'd hold, he mentions various experimental research that he's conducted over many years - he'd say he's always experimenting with something or other and discuss what he was currently doing. But his experiments are fascinating, and there isn't any research out there that I'm aware of like the experiments he'd conduct. Yes he claims the lab that he used to analyze his samples burned down - says he paid over $1.5 mil to have this work done.
Even AV admitted, at one point, that he was neither rich nor destitute. And the arson guff is too convenient.

4. What you're saying here doesn't deal with his integrity or lack there of, but if I remember correctly he would say that people rarely have "true" raw dairy allergies. He would emphasize working with dairy instead of avoiding it, such as drinking at room temp (cold milk can create adverse reactions), adding raw honey to aid its digestion, limiting consumption to smaller quantities (he emphasized how it could be due to detox, or body rejecting it temporarily due to digestive issues, etc.), and fermenting it (e.g., kefir), etc. So there are quite a few things one can do before rejecting it based on the conclusion theres an allergy to it. And maybe you're right that he took into consideration how its easier for most people to do than raw meat as well.
He told me, flat out, that a raw dairy allergy was absolutely impossible via e-mail. As regards the honey, room-temperature stuff etc., many people such as myself  have tried all of them and inevitably failed with them.
I totally get your skepticism about AV as some of his claims and stories do appear to be pretty..shall we say outlandish, or implausible? But is this basis enough to presume he is dishonest and not being truthful? I think its too easy to dismiss him based on this alone. I say look at his work in depth and judge his work based on how well it appeals to your sense of reason, (maybe intuition) and most importantly if it actually works!   

I never viewed AV as being a total loss. I ages ago  referred to him as "half-charlatan, half-genius" and still do(well, OK, 90% genius, 10% charlatan!, these days). AV was  absolutely right on the issues of raw, "high-meat", enzymes, bacteria, and a number of others. I'm still, though,  undecided as regards AV's stances re parasites and possibly 1 or 2  other minor issues. My main(only) gripe is that he advocated a very unnatural raw diet involving too much raw dairy, raw coconut cream, raw veggie-juice and other non-palaeo stuff. I realise that he was, in this regard, trying to create more converts. As regards, the references to native tribes, the 40-days-fasting a la Jesus, the burning lab etc., I don't view that as harmful, really, after all every diet has its ,er, "mythology", such as the Weston-Price Diet, the Stefansson Diet, the vegan diet etc. etc.

While my diet has for years been, more or less, a raw version of the Palaeolithic Diet, I am extremely grateful to AV and Guy-Claude Burger, as, without them, I would never have even found out about RVAF diets, and both provided a lot of the data I needed to recover my health.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:47:25 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Allrawman

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2017, 11:59:50 am »
Learning from AV helped me to recover my health also. I mean in a BIG way. Completely changed my life. 90% genius, haha, I'll take that! I don't know if you've listened to Alan Watts - he says everyone (even the saintliiest) have a little bit of "rascality" (as he calls it), that that's what makes us human. I think its true - we all have a little rascality in us!

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2018, 01:40:26 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYiCPmwOV4A

Here, in LOTR, Gollum is revealed as being a fan of raw fish and a hater of cooked foods. Needless to say, the one eating raw meat is also the most repulsive one in the group. I generally prefer it when the raw-meat-eating actor is also the hero of the movie/Tv series etc.  rather than the villain.

It's interesting that (at least in the movies) while Bilbo has the ring, he never ages, but once he loses the ring, he quickly catches up on his missed aging and deteriorates and has to be sent off to live with the elves so as not to die of old age. However, while Smeagol turns into Gollum after centuries possessing and obsessing over the ring, and while he doesn't age, once he loses the ring, plenty of time passes (all the time that Bilbo has the ring and even more), and he still doesn't age a day. Could it be a concession that all of the raw fish he liked (and which he ate whole) kept him from aging too much?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2018, 08:46:00 pm »
c. 19m:55s into the episode "Orange Grove" of season 2 episode 1 of the Riptide TV series, Murray Bozinski, one of the 3 main characters, says that he tried to bulk up by eating lots of raw eggs.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2019, 06:56:37 am »
* I cannot believe I missed this* In the 2nd Batman film of Burton, Batman Returns, the Penguin, portrayed by that amazing Danny DeVito, eats raw fish in at least 1 scene.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2019, 02:37:43 pm »
Mark Wiens is No. 1 food tourist on Youtube, and has been followed by
3.5 million people. He ate all type of dishes all over the world,
including raw meat dishes too, and he hold very high opinion about raw
meat dishes in Ethiopia and Thailand and other parts of the world.

Here are some samples of Amazing Amazing simply Amazing raw meat dishes.

Raw Meat and Organs eating in Ethiopia:
https://youtu.be/bjFJ0Pcgc8k?t=87

tere siga - raw meat in Ethopia:
https://youtu.be/35yussxyr2w?t=1557

Raw Beef in Thailand (Larb):
https://youtu.be/rFKk8i-Cp_s?t=803

Raw Buffalo meat with lot of Bile in Laos:
https://youtu.be/2nrpZ2HgWGo?t=382

Ethiopian Kitfo - Best RAW BEEF Ethiopian Food!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyDaVnScJe4

BUFFALO STEAK TARTARE in Laos:
https://youtu.be/OKj4GAWzZZg?t=277

There are many more such mouth watering raw dishes, especially Raw
Fish on his channel.

Enjoy.

PS:
I believe this is one of the best way of presenting the culture of raw
meat to the world.
Perhaps someone good with video editing could collect all these raw
meat eating scenes from his different videos and combine them in one
single video.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »
But the whole additional coyote nonsense makes it clear he was spouting tall stories. Since when do wild coyote packs give humans raw meat? I could understand a coyote stealing from human garbage dumps etc., but this is ridiculous.

When he says they gave it to him, that's for brevity. Read the version from his book, We Want To Live. The coyotes were actually hunting along with him, or at least they might've thought so even if he didn't realize it. Coyotes aren't wolves, they will take outsiders on a hunt frequently. And of course some of them could've been domesticated stray dogs who were already used to humans. This is a plausible story.

In any case, after fasting for so long, he could've been hallucinating. Especially since he had consumed hallucinogenic drugs a little before that time.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2019, 01:49:52 am »
at that point he couldn't even walk, let alone hunt.  It's a bullshit story made up to create a following wanting to believe he has special knowledge and thus can heal others when nobody else can. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk