Author Topic: Iconic raw-meat-eating scenes in films/TV+texts about eating raw meat  (Read 117399 times)

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Iconic raw-meat-eating scenes in films/TV+texts about eating raw meat
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2019, 06:32:33 am »
at that point he couldn't even walk, let alone hunt.  It's a bullshit story made up to create a following wanting to believe he has special knowledge and thus can heal others when nobody else can.

What makes you say he couldn't walk?

And it's an inspiring story nonetheless, and the point is not that he has special knowledge, but rather that raw meat heals while vegetables and fruits alone don't. Also, it's about trusting nature and instinct rather than theories developed by bad scientists which are employed by evil corporations and governments.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2019, 04:57:37 am »
I believe that is what I either read or heard from him. regardless he never mentioned at that point hunting.  this is what I mean, you want to believe him So much that you will fill in the blanks so that it makes sense to you. 
    I who have eaten raw meat for probably more years than you are old have nothing against his eating all sorts of foods.  Just his bullshit to garner followers like you.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2019, 04:05:54 am »
I believe that is what I either read or heard from him. regardless he never mentioned at that point hunting.  this is what I mean, you want to believe him So much that you will fill in the blanks so that it makes sense to you. 

I simply said the story was plausible, not that it must be true. And you must be mistaking the part when he couldn't walk years prior, after the chemotherapy and radiation that left him crippled, before even starting to consume any raw foods whatsoever. He said he got a lot better by drinking raw milk and carrot juice, and was eventually able to walk and even bycicle; that's how he even got around to meeting all those tribes, by bycicling around and hopping on trains.

About hunting, again, he didn't say hunting, but he said the coyotes would play and move around him and then they started running and he followed, he ran after them. It's plausible that they were trying to get him to go on a hunt with them, and when he ran after them, that's what they thought he was doing.

I who have eaten raw meat for probably more years than you are old have nothing against his eating all sorts of foods.  Just his bullshit to garner followers like you.

For someone who must be so balanced and healthy from all those years of healthy eating, you sure sound kind of stressed out about this. It's not like he is hurting people or something. He got more people to eat raw meat in modern western societies than probably all other raw meat proponents combined.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2019, 01:35:07 pm »
call it what you will.  my only point in my continual posting re. AV is for others here, not for you, but mostly newcomers, to not blindly follow his exaggerated stories and suggestions.  'We' want to  believe there is some ultimate answer, and that is the advantage AV used in gathering followers.  All the time coming up with some theory or concoction that only he could deliver.   And if you choose to believe how many times he almost died of this or that and couldn't even walk... that's your choice.   

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2019, 06:50:23 pm »
call it what you will.  my only point in my continual posting re. AV is for others here, not for you, but mostly newcomers, to not blindly follow his exaggerated stories and suggestions.  'We' want to  believe there is some ultimate answer, and that is the advantage AV used in gathering followers.  All the time coming up with some theory or concoction that only he could deliver.   And if you choose to believe how many times he almost died of this or that and couldn't even walk... that's your choice.

Just realize that in doing so you may turn people off raw meat entirely. From a newcomer's perspective: If AV was a quack and his raw meat eating being healthy was a delusion or fraud, maybe you've just fallen into the same delusion and you think raw meat is healthy for you but it's not, you just disagree with AV's particular cult. If raw meat eating was truly healthy then you wouldn't exhibit such a strong fanatic reaction to someone promoting a diet slightly different from yours.

Or maybe that's exactly what you want?

I can turn the psychologizing on you, too, you see. Plenty of people want to feel special and superior, and if they find something that really works to improve their health, they don't want others to learn about it and improve their health with it. As that would mean that you're no longer special and superior. Since you can't make people not learn about this, perhaps you resort to the next best thing; making them believe it doesn't really work.

(No, I don't actually believe what I said above. I appreciate you being here and giving your opinions. I'm just saying... chill out, it's not the end of the world if someone wants to follow a particular raw diet plan instead of another)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2019, 01:04:19 am »
chill out huh?   ok looks like you still think I'm stressed out over this.  Whatever.   But know well i will still call bullshit when I see it here.
  For yes, for people to heal themselves they do need to learn to trust themselves versus some mythical ideology.   Dude, this is not about raw meat being good or bad.  This is a raw meat forum.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2019, 04:11:20 am »
This is not the thread for discussing AV, it is supposed to be about iconic raw-meat-eating scenes in films/TV.  I  will lock this thread now for a few days  and expect no more on AV in future unless someone wants to post in the primal diet forum, for example. I will unlock this thread some time later, and expect more relevant threads on iconic scenes of raw-meat-consumption in the media in future.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2019, 11:04:35 pm »
Breaking Up Is Easy to Do: Part 3 , a married with children episode, season 11 episode 16, has a scene c.6 minutes into the episode, where Peggy Bundy serves up a meal of (uncooked) raw meat and uncooked potatoes and salad, because she has no idea how to cook!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2019, 02:36:36 am »
In the Simon & Simon Tv episode, "A Little wine with murder", the police detective near the end of the episode enthuses about eating raw meat.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2019, 11:56:10 am »
Life Below Zero, Raw Moose Marrow!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH-tsgIYjZw
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline kelpguy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2019, 10:39:30 am »
The Old Man and the Sea (1958 film)

39 minutes:  the old man takes a bite of bonita
48 minutes:  the old man eats some dolphin fish commenting; ''what an excellent fish dolphin is, to eat cooked, and what a miserable fish raw.''

personally, the tastiest unseasoned fish, raw or cooked, i remember eating was a freshly speared, raw, red snapper on the coast of the Burica Peninsula, Pamamá.  i also liked the corvina, raw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Old_Man_and_the_Sea_(1958_film

Offline kelpguy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2020, 11:04:55 am »
The Windermere Children (2020)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Windermere_Children

~1:01;   Holocaust survivors mention of eating corpses to stay alive.

-------------------------------------------------

Alive (1993)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alive_(1993_film

16 out of 49 people survived a plane crash in the Andes mountains, for more than 2 months, by eating the flesh of frozen dead crash victims for food.  you have to wonder about zero carb/keto adaptation.

~1:02 (day 10) start cutting into frozen dead crash victims.

-------------------------------------------------

Caesar (2002)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar_(miniseries)

~1:27  ''we do what our ancestors did, we eat the elderly and the infirm to keep ourselves alive.''

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Iconic raw meat eating scenes in the movies/TV
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2021, 12:34:05 am »
'Rosemary's Baby' - Mia Farrow eats a plate of raw liver out of the fridge  -d.  Grossed me out at the time, but now I almost do the same myself (light searing of the outside, for appearances sake, you understand.)

There's also multiple ocassions in the movie where there's references to her drinking raw egg smoothies, and one where she eats steak that's just seared 4-5 seconds on each side. It's not depicted in a good light in the movie, except perhaps some of the egg shakes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk