Author Topic: Liver and Kidneys failing - can they be saved?  (Read 7471 times)

Offline JFetter

• Forager
    • View Profile
Liver and Kidneys failing - can they be saved?
« on: August 16, 2015, 09:49:27 pm »
Hello all.  My Father has some serious health issues going on.  He is going through the local hospitals and doctors, but it doesn't look too good and I wanted to get your opinion.

55 years old, for the last 30 years or so has always drank beer at home.  (quite a lot, often ~20-30 per night)  2-1/2 months ago he quit alcohol for good, due to feeling lousy.
In a short period of time he started to retain a lot of water, mainly around his abdomen and his legs/feet.
After months of doctors visits and tests, we've kind of been given the run around by the medical community.
The current theory is:  His liver is not doing well at all, and because of this his kidneys are having a very hard time and are failing.  (something to do with protein in urine)
The pills that were supposed to help him lose all this water weight didn't work, so every week or two he is having to go in and they drain the fluid from around his stomach.  Like 4 liters or so each visit.  He is probably carrying an extra 60 pounds in water.

He will feel pretty good again until the fluid builds back up in a week.  As a last resort they have him on a steroid now that may help get everything going again. (kidneys?)
Meanwhile he's supposed to be getting on a liver transplant list, but because he was a previous alcoholic he won't be very high on the list.

As of now a liver biopsy hasn't been done because they were worried about low blood pressure/clotting.

Of course he isn't on a Raw Paleo diet, or even a Paleo diet.  At this point his appetite has been extremely low and he certainly hasn't been getting enough calories.  I'm guessing typically under 1000 calories a day, and probably very low protein - He has lost a lot of muscle mass.
The steroids have increased his appetites a little bit which is good. 

Thoughts?  Waiting on a donor liver does not seem like a good option at this point.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Liver and Kidneys failing - can they be saved?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:08:35 pm »
This is an emergency case that needs an experienced healer.
Call up my professional healer friend Vander, he will have the answers you are looking for.
http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/04/11/vanderbilt-gaditanos-healing-farm-is-a-sanctuary-for-the-sick-and-terminally-ill-looking-for-a-cure/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:30:55 pm »
Milk thistle is supposed to be good for the liver. A low-sodium diet is recommended for fluid buildup. Anyway, sounds like cirrhosis:-

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/cirrhosis-treatment-overview

I would say that only a raw, palaeolithic diet full of raw, 100% grassfed/wild organ-meats  could genuinely heal/reverse such a condition, but  the above ideas might slow the damage down a bit.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 11:09:14 pm »
he is probably totally depleted and his kidneys and liver and body dont know how to function without the fluids, minerals and calories that were in the 20-30 beers he was drinking. he is basically suffering the biggest hangover ever and needs to have his body totally restored with fluids, minerals, vitamins and animo acids, until these are restored, the liver and kidneys cannot start to heal themselves..  he is probably suffering from edema not only because he is having low functioning liver and kidneys, he is also having diabetic symptoms and withdrawal from all the the alcohol sugars in his body, which can cause swelling if electrolytes are not properly replenished and balanced and his blood sugar monitored and healed through appropriate diet.   also some steriods have been known to cause swelling, make sure that isnt indicated on what he is taking or it could be causing more harm than good.

i dont advise you try and heal him through diet without the help of a trained physician, i would suggest dr. lawrence wilson, if you are able to get a hold of him. http://drlwilson.com/do%20hair%20analysis.htm

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 11:11:55 pm »
also it might be beneficial to see if you can have someone do gentle lympahtic massage and draining on him daily, and have him invert his body so the swelling doesnt destroy his ability to walk, he will need to do some very gentle physical activity and perhaps also start doing breathing exercises to help him respire and oxygenate his body.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:33:01 am »
Sorry to learn of your father's troubles, JFetter. Best wishes for health improvement.

This is an emergency case that needs an experienced healer.
Call up my professional healer friend Vander, he will have the answers you are looking for.
http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/04/11/vanderbilt-gaditanos-healing-farm-is-a-sanctuary-for-the-sick-and-terminally-ill-looking-for-a-cure/
Edwin, what was kathleen moreno referring to in the comments regarding the Mr. Pepito you tried to help? Did he die?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:38:24 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:53:23 am »
Mr. Pepito ran away at midnight because he thought he had no more funds to give to Vander.  He went to some other healer who was not hands on.  He tried to heal himself at home.  When he had problems, his new healer had gone on vacation in the mountains un-contactable, they were too ashamed to call Vander, Mr. Pepito called me up but I also went on vacation to a far away island.  So Pepito died.

It was supposed to be an easy case (like my plumber who cured himself), especially today, but that's how it happened.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 07:29:03 pm »
If the plumber cured himself, then why do you think Pepito wasn't able to do the same?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline JFetter

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 07:41:02 pm »
Thank you for the replies.
I believe the dr's have him on a Milk thistle supplement currently.

I would like to look into some of these healers, but they're so far away I know he wouldn't be into it.  We have a family business we're running, and he's sort of booked up with local doctors anyway.
I guess I'm hoping at this point that his liver will miraculously begin to heal itself.  He does have a strong will anyway.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 08:59:31 pm »
If the plumber cured himself, then why do you think Pepito wasn't able to do the same?

I had not written my www.curemanual.com website yet when I met Pepito.
I was a better healer and teacher by the time I taught my plumber Mang Ben.
And there is of course the element of luck and skill.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:01:44 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 11:12:19 pm »
where do you live JFetter?  Try and contact dr l wilson, he can help you via telephone and also to find you a physician in the area that will work towards proper lifestyle, diet and environment for healing.

Offline JFetter

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 05:45:46 am »
Hi Jessica, I'm in the US (Ohio).  I think I may try contacting him.
Part of me is just uneasy because time/money doesn't permit trying all of the healers out there (two already mentioned in this thread), so one has to go with the most reasonable option and hope that the healer they picked is one of the few that can help fix this (assuming it is reversible)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk