Author Topic: New palaeo article finds evidence of yet another hominid ancestor  (Read 1077 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3202454/Oldest-modern-hand-1-85-million-years-old-Pinkie-bone-suggests-unknown-giant-ancestors-came-trees-earlier-thought.html

This article is fascinating. It suggests that we were not only descended from homo habilis, but also from a more giant hominid ancestor at that time-period. I always found that the linear evolutionary track, where one entirely different species would supercede the previous one,  seemed dubious, and that a more likely scenario was that various different hominids interbred to produce the next evolved hominids, and therefore were actually the same species as each other, just being different ethnic groups as such or whatever.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Satya

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: New palaeo article finds evidence of yet another hominid ancestor
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 04:22:40 am »
I always found that the linear evolutionary track, where one entirely different species would supercede the previous one,  seemed dubious, and that a more likely scenario was that various different hominids interbred to produce the next evolved hominids, and therefore were actually the same species as each other, just being different ethnic groups as such or whatever.

Yep, linear is simply too simplistic.  Life is complex on many fronts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk