Author Topic: Healing Scars?  (Read 6928 times)

Offline davidg

• Forager
    • View Profile
Healing Scars?
« on: April 05, 2009, 03:46:47 am »
I have a very thin scar on my forehead that I am trying to dissolve/fade.  I am sure my body will get to it once I am detoxed, but I was hoping that some of you may have a tip or two for the time being.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  The scar is about 5 years old. 

Offline akaikumo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Healing Scars?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:59:32 pm »
I've heard Bio-Oil works very well and have started using it myself for some scars on my arms and acne scars on my face and back. I have noticed my skin feels better, but it's too early to tell if it's actually helping scar appearance on me.

It has a synthetically produced version of the preening oil ducks produce, mineral oil, and some other oils (like lavender).

What I don't like about it is the fact it has unnatural crap like coloring and the mineral oil, and I hate the smell of lavender. So that's kind of an at your own risk thing. I try to avoid using unnatural products on my skin (I now use soapnuts and baking soda exclusively), so it kind of irks me to use it for that reason, but I've heard it works much better than other over-the-counter scar treatments and have decided it's worth trying.
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:32:35 am »
Try putting raw meat on it. I think in AV's books he mentions something about that.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 05:53:50 am »
Cocoa butter works, or as mentioned just previous, Aajonus writes great suggestions.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:13:04 am »
Try putting raw meat on it. I think in AV's books he mentions something about that.

When I read your post it sounded like it might work so I tried it over the last few days and I can already see some results. Looks to be promising.

I've tried things such as coconut oil, bio oil in the past and they didn't help at all.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:56:18 am »
When I read your post it sounded like it might work so I tried it over the last few days and I can already see some results. Looks to be promising.

I've tried things such as coconut oil, bio oil in the past and they didn't help at all.

I'm glad to hear it. Keep us posted.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:02:02 am »
Try putting raw meat on it.

what are the details on doing this?  i've got a wound from a bike accident that i would love to prevent as much scarring as possible.  thanks!

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 09:26:25 am »
I just got meat and rubbed it all over the skin as if I was using it as some type of srubbing brush and just left the grease/bits of meat that came off on the skin. Maybe gently place a steak on the skin if its still a wound.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:31:38 am by invisible »

Offline Ironbeef

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 01:22:54 am »
I rendered some pork fat in a frying pan, and use it as skin moisturizer, and hair tonic.  It's light, has a quickly dimishing pleasant odor of bacon, and has caused some age spots to lighten and dissapear.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 02:59:52 am »
Thank you both!  I'm gonna try this, probably before sleep.

Maybe my neighbors will think I'm some kind of dog whisperer now, lol.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 09:00:20 am »
I rendered some pork fat in a frying pan, and use it as skin moisturizer, and hair tonic.  It's light, has a quickly dimishing pleasant odor of bacon, and has caused some age spots to lighten and dissapear.

I tried that before and it did not help honestly. I would advise not to heat the meat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk