Author Topic: Low energy, ED, underweight, candida... A raw newbie  (Read 28929 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Low energy, ED, underweight, candida... A raw newbie
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 02:22:52 am »
While I usually did mono-eating in the past,  I am a bit surprised to find that Intermittent Fasting is not recommended for weakened adrenals. I suppose I must be the odd-one-out then, since I did a lot better on Intermittent Fasting despite my previous extensive hormonal problems re adrenal/thyroid.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 02:23:31 am »
Thanks for reply. I don't have that many meals a day, just a way to differentiate between possible meals, so if someone replied saying that meal x isn't mono, or you could combine meals x and y and that would still be mono etc.
Well technically meal 3 isn't mono. Doesn't mean its unhealthy or anything. "Mono" is a prefix that is translated to "only, unique" from ancient Greek, so it literally means "eating only (this or that)". Be aware that there are some vegetables that don't mix well with certain fruits. And aqueous fruits such as watermelons and melons should be eaten alone, or at least thirty minutes before anything else. It isn't in season anyways.

How many meals do you have per day?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:41:58 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 02:42:51 am »
While I usually did mono-eating in the past,  I am a bit surprised to find that Intermittent Fasting is not recommended for weakened adrenals. I suppose I must be the odd-one-out then, since I did a lot better on Intermittent Fasting despite my previous extensive hormonal problems re adrenal/thyroid.

It's why Yuri failed, he was living a very active lifestyle, and he wasn't eating often enough to keep up with it. He had an adrenal crash.

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2015, 03:32:27 am »
I have 3 meals per day and have a teaspoon of honey with each one. Don't seem to tolerate much more than that.

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 04:34:13 am »
How about vegetable juice and then a banana. Would that be a mono meal?

Would be a quick and simple breakfast.

How about avocado and less fatty fruits / vegetables?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 04:39:20 am »
How about vegetable juice and then a banana. Would that be a mono meal?

Would be a quick and simple breakfast.

How about avocado and less fatty fruits / vegetables?

If the veggie juice is just one veggie, or one type of juice at a time, then yes, that would be mono.

I like avos, I eat 1-2 a day on average, although I have a few days from time to time where I don't want them. Some people find they sap your energy. You just have to see what a food does to your body, because everyone's body is different.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 04:55:38 am »
If the veggie juice is just one veggie, or one type of juice at a time, then yes, that would be mono.
Depends if you're mono-eating or mono-drinking  ;)

In mono-eating you're supposed to eat the foods in their whole, raw state, so your body is able to tell from various indicators, including the examination of the flesh and skin of the plant, if you've had enough of it or not. Juicing fruits and vegetables also removes certain nutrients found in the pulp and flesh, and increases sugar content, like in orange juice.

So no, vegetable juice and a banana is not a mono-meal. It can be considered a "raw paleo" meal, but the term "mono-eating" strictly describes eating one kind of food per meal.

Sweet foods in the morning is ill-advised in the case of chronic fatigue. Even fruits.
Avocado is fine.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:17:57 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 04:09:58 pm »
Oh, didn't realise that about sweet foods in the morning.

I don't juice fruit, just veg. Recently I had a beetroot, kale, celery, carrot and ginger juice. Although will not have this, or not in the morning. Even juicing should be one type of veg at a time for mono?

What food is best for breakfast? Protein? Is juice better in the evening? Sorry for dumb questions...

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2015, 05:33:28 pm »
I don't juice fruit, just veg. Recently I had a beetroot, kale, celery, carrot and ginger juice. Although will not have this, or not in the morning. Even juicing should be one type of veg at a time for mono?

What food is best for breakfast? Protein? Is juice better in the evening? Sorry for dumb questions...
If you read carefully what people have posted above, and learn to read between the lines, you'll avoid asking some of those questions of yours...

Juicing is a form of processing that is usually forbidden in a mono-eating diet. The point of a mono diet is to be able to clearly recognize the body signals that tells the person when it has satisfied the need for a particular food. Processing, seasoning, mixing, and cooking food prevents the clear reading by your body of such signals, and can lead to overeating, or eating useless, even harmful foods.

Juicing is allowed in the Raw Paleo Diet. It is not recommended when doing a strict mono-diet.

If you find that juicing does you good, there's no particular reason to stop doing it. You're just not eating mono.

Vegetable juice is fine at any time of the day.
Only fruit juice is not recommended in the morning, especially when you already have low energy, and especially not in late fall/winter.

Protein in the morning is fine. It's even recommended. I would probably start with organ meat, but muscle is fine.

Plenty of info on the mono-diet in the anopsology/instincto section of the forum.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:47:47 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2015, 07:37:34 pm »
Thanks. I get the issues with juicing, I'll see if I find it beneficial or not. I have a glass a day at most, I'm not a heavy juice drinker. My fruit is limited to a banana early in the day and then maybe some grapes or oranges toward the end of the day. It's my way of getting some carbs, vitamin c and sodium. And to help my bowels move.

May start off with meat for breakfast, then suet / marrow for lunch then a light carb meal for dinner and see how I get on.

I'm asking maybe more questions than necessary as I'm new and would rather learn from everyone else's experience. Apologies if it's annoying at times, I'm keen to improve my health, I seem to have tried loads of stuff which hasn't done a great deal over the last couple of years.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 08:49:04 pm »
I'm asking maybe more questions than necessary as I'm new and would rather learn from everyone else's experience. Apologies if it's annoying at times, I'm keen to improve my health, I seem to have tried loads of stuff which hasn't done a great deal over the last couple of years.
Haha no worries :) It's better to check out available info on a specific diet in the forum's archives, and then ask questions afterwards, if you still have some. I assumed you already done some research, which is why I found your questions re juicing a bit out of place.

If you're interested in mono-eating and the anapsology diet, you should mail Iguana and ask him for a free pdf of "Anapsology: a very new approach to Human Health" by Guy-Claude Burger. It's a good place to start.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:06:01 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2015, 12:01:32 am »
Juicing is fine on a RVAF diet, juicing is, however not palaeo, so does not belong to a rawpalaeodiet per se.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 08:24:51 am »
TD, GS, and CK are like saints! I have observed them nearly DAILY for YEARS answer the same kinds of questions with great patience and detail as if it's the first time all over again.

More seasoned members, please consider following this kind of leadership when posting from knowledge and experience in order to offer a more welcoming and safe environment for newbies who may well be in a great need for your help.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 10:24:35 am »
TD, GS, and CK are like saints! I have observed them nearly DAILY for YEARS answer the same kinds of questions with great patience and detail as if it's the first time all over again.

More seasoned members, please consider following this kind of leadership when posting from knowledge and experience in order to offer a more welcoming and safe environment for newbies who may well be in a great need for your help.

If I do a good job with new member questions, it's just enlightened self-interest. I try to make this a forum that's not too forbidding for new members, because you never know when a new member might have some knowledge or personal experience that is useful for everyone. Yuri's experience with adrenal failure was a valuable teaching tool. Whoever mentioned the Gokhale method did me a world of good, etc.. I give so that I might get.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 12:43:30 am »

I apologize for my unpleasant attitude when responding to Auxaarh. It wasn't fair, especially towards a guy in his situation. I have been feeling nervous and easily irritated lately, nothing against Auxaarh. In all honesty, I shouldn't even be giving health advices, since all I say comes from knowledge/theory , and almost zero from experience. I'm not on any type of raw diet, even less mono-diet. I eat raw meats every now and then (1/2 times), and raw F&V, but probably between 40 to 60%.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:40:46 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2015, 07:33:38 pm »
My health seems to be up and down. A week ago I felt quite a bit better, this past week iive been feeling rather weak. Don't think anything's changed diet wise. Will carry on, hope I'm going to get back to where I was a week or so ago.

My current diet is as follows:

B: muscle meat
L: Organ meat
D: Bone marrow or suet

Occasionally have some veg juice or fruit, say every other day.

I'm able to eat more meat now without the negative reactions. I find I can get a little constipation so am taking herbal formula for it, it's Dr Schultz's intestinal #1 product for those familiar with it.

I'm struggling to find a source for shell fish and haven't yet worked up the courage to try fish again yet.

I tried an avocado recently and it gave me some gallbladder pain I'm sure. Will be going for the egg yolk liver cleanse.

I have some ACV before each meal with olive oil and coconut oil.

Just to keep you updated.

Offline piper

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2015, 07:15:02 pm »
Hello, Auxaarh!

I feel your situation, cause i was/i am in similar situations to yours. I had good health before i started paleo, and i started because of new information and my consciousness. In the start of the diet i had few improvements, but after that, everything started falling apart. I tried thousands of different diet combinations and programs, from fully raw, to semi cooked, fully cooked and over and over again. What was my result? Fully fucked up skin, acne, zits, constant fatigue, depression, i was skinny, mental tasks were like mission impossible, no will to do anything. In the diet period, i started developing that strange boils, full of pussy, which would sit for like a month. Nice, yes? And i was like "paleo raw low carb" craze. Next thing was thickening of my bill. In that time, i was extremely low carb and high fat. I knew that i am fucking myself up, but all i understood was that "carbs are bad" and i kept going. What was the next thing? My glucose and cholesterol levels started to grow. "oh, well, this isn't going anywhere". I looked like shit. Felt like shit. No will to do anything. I had most symptoms like you stated. And i still have some of them, that irregular pain around liver/rib area, raccoon eyes and etc.

But most of the things have changed. My acne reduced dramatically, my chest is free, my back is almost free, my forehead is still inflamed, but there are lot's of reduction, most of what is left are scars, but i still have lots of zits on it. My face skin improved a lot, few pimples here ant there, nothing much. My overall health improved beyond recognition, i think i am near that situation before i started this diet. I am feeling alive again and i can't describe that happiness. I gained some weight and i am very proud of that. So, maybe you're wondering, what things led me to this change? Very simple - carbs. That was  root of my problems. Lack of simple fucking carbs. Too little to no carbs and only 2 meals per day. It had very negative effect to my health. So, i suggest to rethink youR carb intake. :)

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 04:57:17 am »
Thanks Piper. I like carbs and need to get that correct in my diet, it's not there. I'm playing around with quite a few things, have sourced good meat and figured out which meat I get on well with eating, this has taken a few weeks.

What carbs work for you?

Has it sorted out your dark circle eyes? Not sure from your post. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:53:11 am by Auxaarh »

Offline piper

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:06 pm »
Sorry for taking so long. Basically i am using fruits and some bread, sometimes few sweets. But i have to watch amount of carbs i am using, because if i use to much - bam, i am out! Lethargic, apathic, tired, spaced out and depressed. These things started when i entered keto and when i tried to reintroduce carbs. So you  have to increase your carbs, but do it very subtly. Fuck it, it's very annoying. And about raccoon eyes - no, they still there. And i don't know what to do with them, because it makes me very unattractive. :/

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 09:42:24 pm »
Try getting rid off the bread for a week. That might be the cause of those dark circles around your eyes.

Offline piper

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 10:08:03 pm »
No, it's not. Because i started using bread about month ago. They appeared the same time i went on raw/paleo/keto and it was 4-5 years ago.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 03:49:47 am »
How is the quality of your sleep? My dark circles mostly went away went I started taking vitamin D, because I slept a lot better.

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2015, 08:49:03 pm »
I occasionally have some cooked white rice. Occasionally. Once maybe twice a week.

I have some stomach soreness, to touch, which I'm 99% is due to h pylori. Therefore I've upped my juicing to have some cabbage and celery juice each day.

My stool does smell of meat. I have a feeling the h pylori is what's causing me to be stomach touch sensitive and is reducing the quality of my digestion, causing smelly stool and possibly the racoon eyes and even poor sleep.

I know Aajonus recommended cabbage juice for people with leaky gut, does anyone know what the protocol for it is? I'm having 100ml, about half a cabbage with some celery sticks and then some cilantro, kale and parsley too. Then about twice the amount of water to dilute it a bit.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2015, 11:51:50 pm »
Have you tried high meat?

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 06:04:43 am »
No, not yet. I'm a little scared to be honest.

I have been making some for the last few weeks. It stinks so bad. It's in a Mason jar.

Is there anything that can go wrong when making it? It should be ready to eat by now. I've been airing it every few days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk