Author Topic: Citric acid  (Read 5957 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Citric acid
« on: April 05, 2009, 06:30:09 pm »
I had considered recently buying a couple of "organic" fruit-juices. This was partly meant as a sort of attempt to harmonise with other non-RAF people on certain occasions. Plus, I figured it was better/healthier if I offered, say, organic elderflower juice to others instead of tea and coffee, which are far more harmful. Yet, most of these organic drinks contain citric acid, which seems to rot the teeth:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5100842/Sports-drinks-linked-to-tooth-damage.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Citric acid
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:02:11 pm »
Is it naturally occurring or synthetic citric acid? All citrus fruits have citric acid right? So organic orange juice, for example, would have it.

Remember too all the "studies" showing how sugar causes tooth decay. I'm not saying sugar is good, but imo what causes sugar decay is a mineral deficient diet.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:05:28 am »
Perhaps. But since citric acid is mentioned on the labels of these organic drinks, one can assume that it was added artificially rather than being part of a freshly-squeezed lemom.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:29:14 am »
Why not make a sun tea of rosehips and hibiscous flowers for guests?  Heated gently by the sun in water to release flavors without killing enzymes, these herbs are very beneficial.  Rosehips have the highest vitamin c content of any plant food.  You can add raw honey too, if desired.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 05:43:21 pm »
Well, sure. The trouble is that people frequently offer me tea or coffee, and the stuff is usually so hot that I scald my tongue(didn't happen pre-rpd, so perhaps I'm just more hypersensitive to hot foods/drinks).
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 03:48:32 am »
CITRIC SALT or SOUR SALT or CITRIC ACID
A salt substance derived from acidic citrus fruits, such as lemon and limes, that is dried and formed into a powder or crystal. When used as an ingredient to flavor foods, it provides a distinctively sour or tart taste. It is a common substance used in sausage making and in canning, to keep the color of fruits from darkening, and is commonly used as a substitute for lemon juice. It is also called for used in some recipes (often called sour salt).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk