Author Topic: Crowdfunding a raw, palaeolithic diet study?  (Read 2098 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Crowdfunding a raw, palaeolithic diet study?
« on: November 03, 2015, 02:30:19 am »
I am getting more and more annoyed at the constant number of studies linking cooked meat consumption to cancer. They are quite correct yet wrongly condemn all meat consumption however raw or grassfed/wild etc., but, frankly, we need some studies done on raw meat consumption. I was thinking of us setting up a crowdfunding option on a relevant website and asking for donations, before hiring an independent scientific thinktank to conduct the study. Obviously, given that RVAFers are more in abundance in southern California, any study would have to be conducted there, and hopefully there would be enough volunteers. Plus, long-term studies would have to be conducted, and the minimum percentage of raw in the diet would have to be at least 75%+. Given the usual  inevitable detox reactions, short-term studies done on RVAF diet newbies who've just started  would be an error.

Any ideas? Obviously, whoever initiated this would ideally be a US West Coast citizen and be relatively charismatic. Though I am open to suggestions....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:26:50 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Crowdfunding a raw, palaeolithic diet study?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 09:22:00 am »
Write the parameters of the study first.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:34:21 pm »
Well, for the above option, say, 12 people could be on a 80%+ RVAF diet for a 12 month period, with regular visits to a hospital for blood-tests etc, or serious, healthy(ie NOT orthorexic) long-term RVAFers could be checked over a 2 day stay in hospital as regards differences with similiarly-aged people on cooked diets? Best of all, would be a an 80% RVAF diet done in a hospital for  12 months for people who are suffering a terminal illness  and have given up on ALL other forms of treatment., but the chances of the last study ever being allowed is minimal.

Hmm, maybe I could ask about the feasibility of  this on www.allexperts.com? it is just that crowdfunding seems to fund all sorts of  absurd eccentricities so why not take advantage and do something actually useful with it?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 01:09:46 am »
What are your goals with this?

I ask because most people don't make their decisions regarding food choices based on research presented in scientific studies. I know several people who've read the recent WHO report on processed meats and cancer, for instance, and have said that they just don't care. All a study would do is subject some number of people to a very invasive research process, which might end up backfiring if the third party you hire to do the study ends up not being as unbiased as you'd hoped. The whole research thing sounds risky, to me.

If your goal is to motivate people to eat more raw, unprocessed foods and less cooked, processed foods, then I suspect you'll get better results by inviting people to tell their story via YouTube. Perhaps creating a format that people can use to help them organize their video, and tips on how to film themselves so they come across as intelligent, articulate and thoughtful.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:51:13 am »
Well, you are obviously  more of an expert than me as regards PR, science, mass raw-food-gatherings etc, so I concede that I might have been a bit too optimistic/deluded.  -[

Basically, we currently have 1000s of studies done on the harm inflicted by cooking, most of them  focusing on advanced glycation end products, which is one in our favour. But the usual spiel given by mainstreamers is that cooking is fine as long as it is done only moderately/minimally, and that our RVAF diet approach is not only extemist but supposedly highly dangerous given bacteria/parasites.

I thought therefore that, ideally, a study done on those with health-problems not usually solvable by other diets or modern medicine or whatever, might give people some hope if results went our way a bit. Especially since a lot of people who eventually try RVAF diets are people who are desperately ill, having tried almost all other approaches and failed with them - and crowdfunding seemed a great way to get free money to fund this hubristic idea. Hmm, I will admit that one of the 3 main reasons why I went in for a RVAF diet was because I had seen claims by people/non-gurus online  that they had become healthy on such a raw diet, otherwise I would not have had the balls to try it. Perhaps Youtube videos might well be a better  option. Still, the other reason I went in for RVAF diets was because I had seen some studies done on the harm caused by heat-created toxins derived from cooked foods. You see, I had previously been immersed for years in many dodgy US-derived, New-Agey alternative-health-gimmicks, all of which promised eternal health, but none of which had any real science behind them.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:23:30 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk