Author Topic: The effect of cooking and food mixing on the taste change  (Read 9104 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
The effect of cooking and food mixing on the taste change
« on: September 10, 2015, 12:06:14 am »
I personally have found that mixing foods, even raw foods, is more disrupting to my "food intuition" than eating lightly cooked foods. Usually the next meal after mixing foods is hard for me to figure out what my body needs to eat.  On the other hand, I don't notice much effect on my food intuition from eating lightly cooked foods. Any thoughts or experiences you guys have to share?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: The effect of cooking and food mixing on the taste change
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:56:01 am »
I have different experiences. If I even eat a tiny amount of cooked foods with my usual raw foods, I suddenly find I can only eat small amounts overall, and do not get a reliable intuitive sense as regards taste or time to finish etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:52:12 am »
I don't even bother attempting to tolerate cooked meats anymore. Whenever I eat more than a bite of the cooked meat I sometimes make for my children, it makes me feel bloated, and I also feel like not eating much until after it passes through.

The only cooked foods I still experiment with is small amounts of cooked vegetables my girlfriend makes, that I sometimes use to top off a salad. Things Stir Fried bits of Okra, or some sauted spinach and mushrooms, I have used in miniscule amounts as a condiment to my daily garden salad which I will have a couple of hours or so before I eat my main meal of raw Fat and meat. I have noticed that too large a portion of cooked vegetables will also give me that bloated feeling and prevent me from being able to eat my main meal in the evening.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 05:31:35 am »
I have different experiences. If I even eat a tiny amount of cooked foods with my usual raw foods, I suddenly find I can only eat small amounts overall, and do not get a reliable intuitive sense as regards taste or time to finish etc.

Is that true even when eaten mono-style?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 06:42:17 am »
I am a lot better able to tolerate different kinds of raw foods together at the same time than raw and cooked.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 11:17:12 pm »

I have also found that when eating mixed garden greens and raw vegetables such as tomatoes and avocados, that its not a problem even if I eat a meal of Meat right after.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 12:55:16 am »
I have also found that when eating mixed garden greens and raw vegetables such as tomatoes and avocados, that its not a problem even if I eat a meal of Meat right after.

You mean digestion, or taste change/instinct?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 01:18:43 am »
All of the above, its difficult to differentiate.

I instinctually do not often directly mix plant and animal foods. They do seem to interfere with each other when it comes to regulating the mechanisms by which affects the quantity any balance of foods eaten.

I have come more and more to share the Instincto belief that there are Subtle bio fed back information that regulates how much of which certain foods are optimal..... these messages from the senses are is easier to read when ones taste buds are not inundated with a plethora of different proteins, fats and carbs simultaneously.

Its an ingrained habit now for me to eat my meats and greens separately, to the point which I do not enjoy mixing the two, though I enjoy both foods separately, the taste of them together is something I now avoid. I don't even use herbs or spices on my meats, and prefer to be able to taste my animal foods without seasonings.

Though now that I think of it I will eat coconut meat and butter with my main meals, these is some kind of synergy with coconut that I seem to crave, perhaps the coconut fats and very low glycemic carbs help balance my Protein and animal fat heavy diet some how? 

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 12:50:10 am »
sabertooth, it sounds like you've instinctually came to the same conclusions that AV mentions in his books regarding food combining.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 01:01:48 am »
sabertooth, it sounds like you've instinctually came to the same conclusions that AV mentions in his books regarding food combining.
You do realize that food combining theory did not originate with AV, right? The Natural Hygeine guys were doing that back in the 20s and probably earlier. AV was an extremely persistent researcher, and I am eternally grateful for his learning about high meat from the Inuit, but let's be clear about what he did and did NOT originate.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 06:46:20 am »
You do realize that food combining theory did not originate with AV, right?

I didn't know that, but in any case, I was just mentioning that because it was interesting that his instincts told him pretty much the same things, knowing he didn't read AV's books. In my mind that validates both sabertooth's instincts and AV's recommendations.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk