Author Topic: 1400 years of inbreeding - Genetic defects, lower intelligence  (Read 17122 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
1400 years of inbreeding - Genetic defects, lower intelligence
« on: November 18, 2015, 11:38:15 pm »
Half of world’s Muslims are inbred due to generations of incest
Posted on July 18, 2015 by Dr. Eowyn

Here’s an explanation for Islamic terrorism that’s never proffered:

Insanity and Stupidity

A never-spoken-about problem with Muslims is their inbreeding as a result of their long and deeply-ingrained practice of marrying first cousins

“If you talk to any primary care worker they will tell you that levels of disability among the . . . Pakistani population are higher than the general population. And everybody knows it’s caused by first cousin marriage.”

The problem is made worse by generational inbreeding. As Woolas put it, “Many of the parents themselves and many of the public spokespeople are themselves products of first cousin marriages.” That would explain why research for BBC2’s Newsnight in November 2005 showed that British Pakistanis accounted for 3.4% of all births but 30% of all British children with recessive genetic disorders.

According to Nicolai Sennels, a Danish psychologist who has done extensive research into Muslim inbreeding, close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred:

70% of Pakistanis are inbred.
67% of Saudi Arabians are inbred.
64% of those living in Jordan and Kuwait are inbred.
63% of Sudanese are inbred.
60% of Iraqis are inbred.
54% of Muslims in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar are inbred.
25-30% of those in Turkey are inbred.
In England, at least 55% of Pakistani immigrants are married to their first cousins.
In Denmark the number of inbred Pakistani immigrants is around 40%.

Sennels warns that massive inbreeding in Muslim culture may well have done virtually irreversible damage to the Muslim gene pool, including extensive damage to Muslims’ intelligence, sanity, and health. (Similar effects were seen in the Pharaonic dynasties in ancient Egypt and in the British royal family, where inbreeding was the norm for a significant period of time.)

Below are the consequences of inbreeding:

1. Birth and birth defects:

100% increase in the risk of stillbirths.
50% increase in the risk that the child dies during labor.
The risk of autosomal recessive genetic disorders such as cystic fibrosis and spinal muscular atrophy is 18 times higher.
The risk of death due to malformations is 10 times higher.
2. Physical and mental retardation and illnesses:

The closer the blood relative, the higher the risk of mental and physical retardation and schizophrenic illness.
The closer the blood relative, the higher the risk of schizophrenic illness, i.e., insanity.
Social abilities develop much slower in inbred babies. An academic paper published in the Indian National Science Academy found that “the onset of various social profiles like visual fixation, social smile, sound seizures, oral expression and hand-grasping are significantly delayed among the new-born inbred babies.”
Research shows that if one’s parents are cousins, intelligence goes down 10-16 IQ points. The risk of having an IQ lower than 70, the official demarcation for being classified as “retarded,” increases by 400% among children of cousin marriages.

All of which would explain the following phenomena among Muslims (Source: Nicolai Sennels):

1 out of every 3 Somalis are mentally ill.
More than 40% of the patients in Denmark‘s biggest ward for clinically insane criminals have an immigrant (i.e., Muslim) background.
One-third of all handicapped people in Copenhagen have a “foreign” (i.e., Muslim) background.
In Denmark, psychologist Sennels’ native country, “non-Western” immigrants (who are mainly Muslim) are more than 300% more likely to fail the intelligence test required for entrance into the Danish army.
In Denmark, Muslim children are grossly overrepresented among children with special needs. One-third of the budget for Danish schools is consumed by special education.
64% of school children with Arabic parents in Denmark are still illiterate after 10 years in the Danish school system. The immigrant drop-out rate in Danish high schools is twice that of the native-born.
The U.S. is not immune. According to Sennels, “One study based on 300,000 Americans shows that the majority of Muslims in the USA have a lower income, are less educated, and have worse jobs than the population as a whole.”
Muslims’ average lower IQ means a lowered ability to enjoy and produce knowledge and abstract thinking, which would explain why:

The Arab world translates just 330 books every year, about 20% of what Greece alone does. In the last 1,200 years years of Islam, just 100,000 books have been translated into Arabic, about what Spain does in a single year.
7 out of 10 Turks have never even read a book.
Only 9 Muslims had ever won the Nobel Prize, and 5 of those 9 were for the “Peace Prize.”
According to Nature magazine, Muslim countries produce just 10% of the world average when it comes to scientific research (measured by articles per million inhabitants).
Sennels concludes:

The troubling reality being referred to is the widespread practice of Muslim inbreeding and the birth defects and social ills that it spawns.

The tragic effect of the Left’s control of the boundaries of debate is that any discussion about vital issues such as these marks an individual as an “Islamophobe” and a “racist.”

A person who dares to point at the pathology of inbreeding in the Muslim community is accused of whipping up hatred against Muslim people.

But all of this could not be further from the truth. To fight against inbreeding anywhere is to defend humanity and to defend innocent babies from birth defects….

Let us keep in mind that Muslims are the first — though maybe not the biggest — victims of Islam….

In fact, it is the Left’s callous silence on this issue (and on so many others) that exposes who is truly “anti-Muslim.”

~Éowyn

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/07/18/half-of-worlds-muslims-are-inbred-due-to-generations-of-incest/

I think mature scientific minded raw paleo dieters will be able to discuss the scientific and statistical merits here.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: 1400 years of inbreeding - Genetic defects, lower intelligence
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:02:52 am »
I would like to comment on this much later today as it does have some interesting scientific points(and misses a lot about severe inbreeding in various  non-Muslim ethnic groups), but I would like to point out that the way this article is depicted seems to indicate that this is just another  unsubtle NeoCon propaganda tool to make Westerners hate Muslims even more so that the very reluctant UK MPs finally decide to bomb Isis etc. I do not like being manipulated by the media.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 12:03:56 am »
Stick to the science and statistics.  It is what it is.
I will put up a youtube special.
And many youtube videos.

This is a legitimate topic.

No P.C. censorship please.

No to anti-intellectualism.

No to anti-science... this is the science forum.... members only.

Here is a short research paper:

http://www.as.wvu.edu/~kgarbutt/QuantGen/Gen535_2_2004/Inbreeding_Humans.htm
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:35:41 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 03:40:03 am »
Stick to the science and statistics.  It is what it is.
Statistics can be made up. It's not always what it is.

https://pjrvs.com/a/stats

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" Mark Twain

*disclaimer: not saying these particular statistics are made up, but I am against the idea of "Science is Science" and "Stats are Stats", because in our human world it is only so true*
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:45:21 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 06:02:02 am »
Arabs have higher IQs than africans, so what's the explanation for that?

Different groups in different areas evolved different bodies to excel in different environments. The brain is part of the body.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:07:34 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 07:13:21 am »
Statistics can be made up. It's not always what it is.

https://pjrvs.com/a/stats

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" Mark Twain

*disclaimer: not saying these particular statistics are made up, but I am against the idea of "Science is Science" and "Stats are Stats", because in our human world it is only so true*

And this is why I gave you guys the channel 4 special above.  Watch.

A program narrated and hosted by a woman who herself is inbred coming from the same inbred culture she is presenting, and she presented both adherents and those who are waking up to the stats of the national health service because their own children were inbred disasters.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:27:20 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 07:38:16 am »
There was a pathetic documentary on the BBC in the 1990s with a Pakistani Muslim woman actually  defending incest and pretending that incest did not lead to greater chances of genetic defects. Given that the BBC was leftwing, it naturally would be in favour of the unnatural practice of  incest, given that the only way to counter such resulting defects is some form of eugenics, a rather politically-incorrect subject. I suppose the retarded leftwing notion is that the practice of eugenics might lead to everyone eventually  becoming blue-eyed blondes, a particularly stupid, paranoid notion. Yet (Libertarian) eugenics could  actually benefit all Mankind in very beneficial ways.

Just looked online at the daily mail:-"While British Pakistanis account for three per cent of the births in this country, they are responsible for 33 per cent of the 15,000 to 20,000 children born each year with genetic defects. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394119/Its-time-confront-taboo-First-cousin-marriages-Muslim-communities-putting-hundreds-children-risk.html#ixzz3rseEkBaB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

also:-   http://en.europenews.dk/-Muslim-Inbreeding-Impacts-on-intelligence-sanity-health-and-society-78170.html

Inbreeding, incidentally, does little harm  PROVIDED that those with deleterious genes are weeded out constantly  either by Mother Nature or by humans.  In the Palaeolithic era, due to natural selection and the practice of mass infanticide, any even slightly dodgy children would have died long before they could breed, thus enabling swifter evolution than otherwise as the best dna would have been encouraged to be passed on instead.
However, as soon as one does not filter out those with defective genes, enormous problems start, with lower  IQ, greater instances of insanity and poorer health(eg:- lower immune-systems etc. One only has to look at the phenomenon of the Habsburg Lip to see cases in point.

One thing to point out:- it would be fallacious to suggest that only Muslims are inbred. There are plenty of other ethnic groups which are severely inbred. Icelanders are rather inbred  but do not seem to have a high rate of genetic defects, suggesting that the harsh climate etc. there  over the millenia regularly wiped out those with defective genes. Indeed, here this article shows a benefit for inbreeding in Iceland provided one only intermixes with third cousins, no closer or farther than that:-
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/story?id=4258128&page=1

I vaguely recall a study I read that showed that the best reproductive combination was between people who were between either 3rd cousins or 9th(7th?) cousins removed. Anything closer or further than that led to a decline in reproductive health of some sort. Admittedly, I do not remember where I saw the paper.

Many other groups such as the Alawites in Syria or the Yazidis are inbred to some extent and the extreme Mormon Fundamentalists of the FLDS(though not the more mainstream, less fanatical Mormon Fundamentalists like the AUB). I would imagine(?) that the Yazidi minority are particularly inbred since their religion forbids them on pain of death to marry outside their small religious faith.

The Amish in the US also have a lot of genetic defects, including some not found in other populations, as I recall:-
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/genetic-disorders-hit-amish-hard/

Then there are the Ashkenazi Jews who appear to be rather  inbred, given that the Talmud also tolerates  incestuous marriages between uncles and nieces as well as the usual first cousins. They have several unique genetic diseases specific to Ashkenazis and have a higher prevalence as regards some other diseases like Parkinson's etc.:-

http://www.momentmag.com/genetics/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_views_on_incest

Seppahrdic and Mizrahi Jews also have a heightened prevalence for certain genetic  diseases:-

http://www.jewishgeneticdiseases.org/jewish-genetic-diseases/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_genetics_of_Jews

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 08:10:56 am »
Geoff, try researching hybrid vigor.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 08:50:06 am »
Geoff, try researching hybrid vigor.

I already did such long ago. You should research outbreeding depression which covers the negative aspects:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outbreeding_depression

For example:- "As a general rule of thumb, hybrid vigor (another way of saying a reduction of inbreeding depression) is strongest in first generation hybrids and gets weaker over time. In contrast, outbreeding depression can be relatively weak in the first generation. Unless there is strong selective pressure, outbreeding depression will increase in power through the further generations as co-adapted gene complexes are broken apart without the forging of new co-adapted gene complexes to take their place."

Back to the original subject of incest:-

"
In April 2002, the Journal of Genetic Counseling released a report which estimated the average risk of birth defects in a child born of first cousins at 1.1–2.0% over an average base risk for non-cousin couples of 3%, or about the same as that of any woman over age 40.[188] In terms of mortality, a 1994 study found a mean excess pre-reproductive mortality rate of 4.4%,[189] while another study published in 2009 suggests the rate may be closer to 3.5%.[3] Put differently, first-cousin marriage entails a similar increased risk of birth defects and mortality as a woman faces when she gives birth at age 41 rather than at 30." Interesting, even first-time first-cousin marriages are slightly a worse idea, though not as bad as 20 generations or more of first-cousin marriages, of course.

GS, out of curiosity, what do Filipinos think of first-cousin marriage? Used to be all the rage in Europe until 1900(?), last I checked. I wonder why it became frowned on, morally speaking? I somehow doubt that it was mostly due to people heeding modern scientific data.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 09:52:43 am »
IOW, race-mixing has both positive and negative effects, not that I care much. Us mixed Americans are far more attractive, on average, than you hideous inbred Brits. LOL

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 10:46:04 am »
IOW, race-mixing has both positive and negative effects, not that I care much.
No, that was not the point, you misinterpreted it. The point in the quotation was that hybrid vigor occurs in its strongest form in the first generation of intermixture and then gets weaker and weaker with each subsequent generation(such as mules having some advantages over both horses and donkeys for example) , with outbreeding depression becoming ever more common in later generations "unless there is strong selective pressure". Strong selective pressure, such as natural selection or eugenics is not the case today, so that means that outbreeding depression gets worse and worse after each subsequent generation after admixture.

Whatever the case, there are now so many online studies and government statistics  showing greater levels of mental and physical health-problems in mixed-race children compared to others, that the  PC hybrid vigor theory is rather discredited.

Another point:- scientists do not actually view hybrid vigor as being a positive thing per se, and even consider it quite wrong to promote it as being any  sign of (human or otherwise)  genetic superiority:-
"First, according to an article published in the journal Genome Biology, "genetic superiority" is an ill-defined term and not generally accepted terminology within the scientific field of genetics.[8] A related term fitness is well defined, but it can rarely be directly measured. Instead, scientists use objective, measurable quantities, such as the number of seeds a plant produces, the germination rate of a seed, or the percentage of organisms that survive to reproductive age.[9] From this perspective, crossbred plants and animals exhibiting heterosis may have "superior" traits, but this does not necessarily equate to any evidence of outright "genetic superiority". Use of the term "superiority" is commonplace for example in crop breeding, where it is well understood to mean a better-yielding, more robust plant for agriculture. Such a plant may yield better on a farm, but would likely struggle to survive in the wild , making this use open to misinterpretation. In human genetics any question of "genetic superiority" is even more problematic due to the historical and political implications of any such claim. Some may even go as far as to describe it as a questionable value judgement in the realm of politics, not science. [8]"

As for the hypocritical comment re inbred Brits, unlike the US, we do not have lots of inbred populations within the US. You lot have the Appallachians where inbreeding was endemic. Then there are the Amish, the Mormon Fundamentalists(even mainstream Mormons come from a tiny group of immigrants). Then west Virginia, Wisconsin, east Kentucky, and the Deep South all have a notorious reputation for inbreeding.

Indeed so inbred are Americans that you even have had  blue (!) people in Kentucky:-

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/blue-skinned-people-kentucky-reveal-todays-genetic-lesson/story?id=15759819

Admittedly, accusations of incest are meaningless since we are all descended  from tiny numbers of people in the Palaeolithic era.
Back to the original subject of incest after the recent, absurd desperate attempt to change the subject by the other poster:-

According to Professor Robin Fox of Rutgers University, it is likely that 80% of all marriages in history may have been between second cousins or closer.[9]
http://discovermagazine.com/2003/aug/featkiss
Interesting point there. Obviously incest was more prevalent in palaeo times etc. than thought.

" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 10:55:50 am »
So these studies of mixed-race children's supposed higher rate of health problems....do they take confounding variables into account? I bet they're missing some important confounding variables, Mr. Schicklgruber.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 10:58:40 am »
One point re the Somalis.I always recall one of my relatives telling me that the native Kenyans  hated the Somalis because so many Somali bandits kept on raiding Kenya in the last couple of decades. Not proof of anything but....
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 11:11:38 am »
So these studies of mixed-race children's supposed higher rate of health problems....do they take confounding variables into account? I bet they're missing some important confounding variables, Mr. Schicklgruber.
This is not just a question of countless scientific studies but also of US government statistics.But, never mind,  obviously, it obviously does not matter to you how numerous or how solid the evidence is....

Anyway,  stop trolling the thread, the very fact that you are still using the reductio ad hiterum card means you have no case to answer so are just trying to censor me in desperation. This thread is about incest, not anything else, also.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:18:41 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 11:42:59 am »
IOW, the confounding variables are entirely responsible for these problems. That's what I thought.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: 1400 years of inbreeding - Genetic defects, lower intelligence - Amish
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 02:23:52 pm »
The Amish in this feature are also having problems with inbreeding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAJDQ_SgDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAJDQ_SgDk

GS, out of curiosity, what do Filipinos think of first-cousin marriage? Used to be all the rage in Europe until 1900(?), last I checked. I wonder why it became frowned on, morally speaking? I somehow doubt that it was mostly due to people heeding modern scientific data.

Islamic Filipinos by virtue of their religion are okay with first cousin marriage.

The rest of the Filipinos abhor first cousin marriages... it is even in the law of the land.

Most Filipinos abhor 2nd cousin marriages... there was a big public uproar when the President's son married his 2nd cousin.  People wanted to know if that was legal, it was legal, but still a public no no.

There are some anonymous posters on discussion forums inquiring about cousin marriage, and usually the responses are YUCK! and possibility of Genetic Defects and Stupidity... I even read a guy who has worked in the Arab countries and he said there are lots of ABNORMAL / retarded people there because they married their first cousins... yuck!

As a parent I would be pretty much pissed if my children had babies with my brother's children.  For me, 1st cousin and 2nd cousin is an absolute no no.  I would be pissed to see my great grand children having children together.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 03:58:36 pm »
I do not think it is a disaster if first cousins marry just the once, it just makes fertility/defects slightly bigger problems. But it is obviously a really bad idea for this to happen more often than once  every 10-20 generations or so, without some weeding out of defective genes.

What intrigues me is that Icelandic study I found which stated that the best possible genetic combination is between 3rd cousins, and that pairings between couples who are either closer or farther than that  tend to be increasingly  less effective. This was a study of an island where, technically, people are already pretty inbred, yet, unlike with many other inbred populations, there are no unique Icelandic genetic diseases or whatever. It seems, therefore, that the best solution is to marry distant but not close relatives - as long as those with defective genes are not able to breed(eg:- village-idiots) one might expect much better descendants in the future.

*Fascinating*. I did some more checking just to make sure and it turns out that Icelandic peoples do indeed have at least one genetic defect, my mistake:-
http://blog.23andme.com/23andme-and-you/genetics-101/icelands-deadly-disease-mystery/

The most interesting part is here:-
"But why did life spans not start decreasing until the early to mid-19th century, when records show that this mutation had been present among Icelanders since the 17th century? What changed for the people of Iceland? The answer may lie in their diet. The researchers noticed that, prior to the 19th century, the diet of Icelanders consisted mostly of whey-preserved offal (animal entrails and organs) as well as meat, dried fish, and butter. In other words, a diet low in carbohydrates and salt. However, post-19th century, imports from mainland Europe increased dramatically, and a typical Icelandic diet began incorporating processed carbohydrates and salt (to preserve food). The researchers argue that the movement of imports from Reykjavik to more isolated regions in Iceland throughout the 19th century mirrors the appearance and spread of HCCAA symptoms. As these new kinds of foods spread from the capital to smaller towns and villages, the deadly symptoms of HCCAA did as well. Therefore, it appears that the traditional Icelandic diet ‘masked’ the deadly symptoms of HCCAA, and it wasn’t until they began to eat more processed foods, higher in carbohydrates and salt, that these ‘masking’ effects diminished.
Read more at http://blog.23andme.com/23andme-and-you/genetics-101/icelands-deadly-disease-mystery/#kuvWCrVoVOJe0rjh.99 "

This is an amazing piece as it confirms what I had suggested a while back as a strong possibility on this forum. It seems that a more unprocessed, more unnatural diet can make formerly harmless particular genetic combinations or mutations suddenly far more harmful than before.  I reckon, therefore, that if a couple who had been at least 2-3 years or more on a mostly-rawpalaeodiet/wholly-rawpalaeodiet were to have children, that the percentage-chances of the children getting any overt genetic defects would be much smaller than the chance of a standard-cooked-diet-eating couple  getting genetic defects. This also implies that, as more and more couples turn to ever-more-processed, more unnatural diets, that their children will get ever greater chances of genetic defects over the generations, with fertility dropping as well.

Hmm, a standard googling for "rise in birth-defects" shows the following:-

https://www.rt.com/usa/rural-washington-birth-defects-445/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-105629/Women-urged-curb-lifestyles-birth-defects-rise.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/health/rise-in-birth-defects-may-be-caused-by-ivf-other-high-tech-fertility-treatments-u-k-study

http://contemporaryobgyn.modernmedicine.com/contemporary-obgyn/content/tags/birth-defect/rise-abdominal-birth-defect-among-newborns?page=full

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1878358.stm

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/could-hawaiis-increase-birth-defects-be-linked-pesticides-sprayed-gmo-crops

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/molly-rauch/traffic-pollution-linked-_b_3225148.html

http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2015/07/these-antidepressants-may-increase-risk-birth-defects
This science of epigenetics is most fascinating. There has already been a study showing that grandchildren of smokers have a higher risk of getting asthma even if neither the grandchildren nor their parents smoke. I was fond of  Lamarck's theory re the offspring of animals no longer growing tails if their parents' tails were cut off, and was rather disappointed to find this notion to be  wrong, but Lamarck was dead right in stating that the environment could influence future offspring at least as regards environment changing genetic expression.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:17:22 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 06:31:31 pm »
There was obviously a LOT of inbreeding in hunter-gatherer tribes. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. The rate of genetic destruction is also important. I think the main reason to avoid inbreeding from a genetic standpoint is that if one has a gene that has been destroyed or mutated to the point of being unfit, and then the other has the same also, that can be a problem. But if one of the two has the gene in it's healthy form, the offspring will tend to take on the healthy one. Obviously, in modern life, our DNA is damaged and mutated much more frequently than it was in paleo hunter-gatherer tribes.

I think also, another factor is the degree of inbreeding. The more intense it is, and the more you do it, the more chances for a higher number of destroyed or mutated genes to get passed on, and the mutations add up. Continually breeding fathers with daughters and siblings together for many generations will produce this sort of problem.

There's other reasons to avoid inbreeding, from a cultural and socioeconomic standpoint. Those are the same reasons to avoid polygamy, and to avoid tribal unions while supporting family unions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:54:05 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »

Genetic clusters have evolved over many generations to work best with the same genetic clusters that they have bred with over those many generations. Races do best when not mixed. Try mixing a polar bear with a grizzly, and see what happens. Minor mixing is less likely to create problems. For example, mixing brits with italians, or something like that. But mix brits with japanese, and you have more problems. Likewise, the japanese do well when mixed with koreans, but not so much when mixed with south africans.

When you mix races, you're exposing genes to other genes that they have not come in contact with for thousands of generations. They're not as well suited to working together with each other.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:46:29 pm by dariorpl »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 08:49:19 pm »
Genetic clusters have evolved over many generations to work best with the same genetic clusters that they have bred with over those many generations. Races do best when not mixed. Try mixing a polar bear with a grizzly, and see what happens. Minor mixing is less likely to create problems. For example, mixing brits with italians, or something like that. But mix brits with japanese, and you have more problems. Likewise, the japanese do well when mixed with koreans, but not so much when mixed with south africans.

When you mix races, you're exposing genes to other genes that they have not come in contact with for thousands of generations. They're not as well suited to working together with each other.

What about recessive genes that cause disease only when paired with another version of that gene? Such diseases are much less common among mixed-race people.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 08:53:26 pm »
Geoff-you're conflating epigenetic problems, like asthma in smoking families, with genetic problems. There's no evidence that good diet prevents GENETIC defects from being passed down. Good diet almost certainly does reduce some inheritable problems with EPIGENETICS, though. Although I'd argue that asthma is actually an adaptive response to a smoke-filled environment. It reduces the total amount of smoke going to your lungs (while reducing the oxygen as well, too bad).

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 09:18:02 pm »
What about recessive genes that cause disease only when paired with another version of that gene? Such diseases are much less common among mixed-race people.

I'm not sure I believe in those.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 09:22:19 pm »
Geoff-you're conflating epigenetic problems, like asthma in smoking families, with genetic problems. There's no evidence that good diet prevents GENETIC defects from being passed down. Good diet almost certainly does reduce some inheritable problems with EPIGENETICS, though. Although I'd argue that asthma is actually an adaptive response to a smoke-filled environment. It reduces the total amount of smoke going to your lungs (while reducing the oxygen as well, too bad).
I was  only referring to epigenetics influencing genetic expression so as to nullify or minimise  a bad genetic effect, not full removal of the actual gene.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk