Author Topic: Lack of boogers on raw paleo  (Read 3937 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Lack of boogers on raw paleo
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:06:42 am »
Twice in my life I have accidentally lucked out and just stopped having any boogers at all, for a period of time. That means none at all, at all.

The first was in 2005, while I was doing a lot of sungazing. I was also eating some seawater precipitate at that time. This lasted for several months, until one day I ate some dried fruit, from a Chinese grocery, and the boogers have been back for 10 years....until Thursday.

Thursday morning I woke up after a night of little sleep (because of someone else keeping me awake) with severe-ish liver pain and little energy. I was tired most of the day, and ate little until the pain subsided. However, I noticed there were no boogers that morning, and I've had no boogers for 3 days now.

The only thing I've been really eating differently was some deer liver, heart, and fat. I've had those in the past without this effect, though.

Any ideas? I'm not aware of any commonality, dietary or supplements or anything, between 2005 and today. I've not sungazed recently.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Lack of boogers on raw paleo
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 02:52:02 am »
I still have problems sometimes with nasal mucus but only after eating non-rawpalaeo foods.  For some strange reason I have very narrow nasal passages so being without nasal mucus is a rather desirable goal as it makes me snore less. (I have had a number of people complain about my snoring, since well before I went rawpalaeo).

I am beginning to think that, as with dairy(raw or pasteurised), I also have subtle issues with grains of any kind(I get very hot in the stomach after eating sandwiches, even with raw food inside). I had thought that being so many years on a healthy diet, that that would reduce allergenic etc. symptoms to minimal levels but it seems this simply isn't so.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 03:03:03 am »
It has nothing to do with allergies: it seems you've got out of immune tolerance for cooked and non-paleo foods; you should be glad about it!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 03:33:50 am »
Grains are my booger-triggers. I explain this phenomenon as a form of generalized  inflammation throughout my body, especially since inflammation leads to non-nasal symptoms at the same time, such as joint pain, tiredness, and excess bowel mucus. Troubleshooting is never simple, though. For example, there can be subtle environmental and emotional triggers, even minor things like sleeping with the windows closed during winter but open in the summer.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 04:05:15 am »
Good posts so far. Would anyone else like to share anything regarding boogers or mucus?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 06:59:03 pm »
boogers are dried mucus. You do not want your mucus to be dry it is meant to be moist.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk