Author Topic: RPD query re raw zero-carb  (Read 2204 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
RPD query re raw zero-carb
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:49:25 am »
I read somewhere that women find it easier to absorb/digest the fat in their own bodies than men. This makes sense since Palaeo women, when pregnant, could sometimes  find themselves in a famine situation and still have to nourish their baby. So does this perhaps mean that women are far more likely to be adaptable to a raw, zero-carb diet than men are?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: RPD query re raw zero-carb
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 08:14:20 am »
In "real life" I know quite a few LOW carb dieters. I've never actually met a zero-carb dieter, although I've read about them here. Of those people I know, gender does not play a part in whether a person feels fine with restricted carbohydrates. Neither does cooked/raw or any other obvious distinction. Of course, this is just anecdotal evidence, but I think there are probably some attitudinal, metabolic, and/or nutritional variations that are hard to account for.

Along the lines of your thinking, I think that women's fat deposits (hips, thighs, breasts) are a more significant factor when it comes to supplying energy for pregnancy and breastfeeding during food shortages.

The switch between cellular respiration (carb burning) and fermentation (fat burning) is a different matter entirely. For example, a distance-running male hunter has to convert fat to energy efficiently for the chase, but the chase itself is over in a matter of days, not years (as in the case of pregnancy and breastfeeding), so fat storage is more important than ability to digest and absorb fat.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk