Author Topic: Water intake/needs  (Read 10197 times)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
Water intake/needs
« on: February 03, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »
What do you guys think about water intake per day and the work of Dr. F. Batmaghelidj on water?

He claims we should drink half of our body weight in ounces(eg. for a 200 pound body one should drink 100 ounces of water, and mix 1/4 tsp. of sea salt in every quart of water)

He got some books on amazon and many comments/reviews are positive...

How much water do you drink??
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Water intake/needs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:54:39 pm »
I used to drink 5 litres of alkaline mineral water a day in the past. Probably a bad idea. Now I drink c. 2 litres of tapwater a day(the tapwater is water from the Alps, albeit slightly chlorinated). You know , many people have died as a direct result of drinking too much water. Read up about "Hyponatraemia".

My own view is that since raw foods contain higher amounts of  water than their cooked equivalents, that one should not really drink all that much water.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 07:31:31 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:22:16 pm »
Water flushes minerals out of you. Replace them if you're drinking a lot.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 12:58:37 am »
I've recently been drinking a liter first thing in the AM with between ¼ to 1 teaspoon of pink salt in it. This serves the purpose of making the water palatable and replacing the minerals. This is an about face for me as I never ate salt before on food or dissolved in it.

I drink maybe ½ liter of water in the afternoon.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:38:13 am by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 03:49:40 am »
Just eliminating alcohol and coffee would be a good start to me.  This isn't really the place to talk about all of my personal problems, but here I am...  I have never felt the need to add salt to my water.  I think I get enough salt through my food.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 04:53:58 am »
Im a water snob and enjoy having a diversity of water options available....sometimes I feel like having spring water, and other times filtered water.

I will get 5 gallon jugs of spring water in glass jugs and drink it straight as my preferred source, then my secondary source is a local spring water I get in 5 gallon plastic jugs then run it through a Nikken filter. I will also supplement with water from an atmospheric water generator.

Too uber filtered water will deplete the body of minerals much faster than a mineral rich spring water....and different circumstances may require one to change the amount of water needed on a daily basis....Ideally the thirst mechanism would function well enough to instinctively regulate the amount of water one drinks.

I will drink on average about three liters a day in winter, and if I am working outside in summer I will drink much more depending on how much I sweat out....

If I get too much protein and not enough fat I will also have to increase my water intake.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 08:21:46 am »
I do best with close to a gallon of water. There's a natural stop. A little salt can be good but too much and I find it triggers a bowel movement for some reason.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 01:20:06 pm »
I do best with close to a gallon of water. There's a natural stop. A little salt can be good but too much and I find it triggers a bowel movement for some reason.

what type/kind of water you drink?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 09:47:35 pm »
what type/kind of water you drink?
Regular bottled water. Poland Springs. Definitely not ideal but the quality of our tap water varies greatly being a shallow well.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 08:04:15 pm »
In most archaeology textbooks water is the first thing listed as solvent. It is a solvent so powerful that it breaks apart rocks to give plants minerals to eat.

Try lubricating machinery with water instead of oil, it'll destroy it. do you think the body is much different? Fat moisturizes, water corrodes.

Have a dry mouth? cracking lips? even though you are drinking tons of water? used to happen to me too. Not anymore. Trying putting some raw coconut cream or raw butter with a bit of honey in your mouth and on your lips when they are dry instead of water and see if its water your body is asking for or fat. the answer will be very clear.

Iv probably drank less than 2 gallons of water in the past 3 years and i love it. Only time i drink it is when i dont have milk or tomatoes  and it makes me feel terrible every time.

Usually if milk isnt available i quench thirst with tomatoes and it works great.

I hate water and it makes me feel terrible.

before they came out with this 8 glasses a day bullshit (coincidentally right when bottled plastic estrogen water started coming out) people barely drank any water and they were much healthier than people today.

For example, when reading tudor history around the 16th century period i came across the fact that only poorest of the poor drank water.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:13:01 pm by svrn »
-----------

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 08:41:10 pm »
In most archaeology textbooks water is the first thing listed as solvent. It is a solvent so powerful that it breaks apart rocks to give plants minerals to eat.

Try lubricating machinery with water instead of oil, it'll destroy it. do you think the body is much different? Fat moisturizes, water corrodes.

LOL. Try to quench your thirst with 5W30 motor oil, then! ;D
Tell it to animals:
http://animalsdrinkingwater.tumblr.com/ Nice pics!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »
Iv probably drank less than 2 gallons of water in the past 3 years and i love it. Only time i drink it is when i dont have milk or tomatoes  and it makes me feel terrible every time.

Usually if milk isnt available i quench thirst with tomatoes and it works great.

I hate water and it makes me feel terrible.

I hope you dehydrate that milk and those tomatoes first so that you don't get any of their corrosive water in your body.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 03:35:31 am »

djr,
I suspect that the bowel movement is just a result of the liquid lubricating the tract. After digestion/absorption the food has lost some moisture and so it is a bit dry and won't respond to the peristaltic action.

I too hit the washroom after my AM water/salt. Previously I used to have a mix of foods suggested by my Ayurvedic Doctor (Vaidya) This worked well to get the GI tract moving.

Years ago at a Yoga Teacher retreat the Yogi (from India) gave us a speech about drinking water. He said that you cannot pass feces without liquid. (I know this will start a war LOL) He said that as a child he used to put a piece of cloth over a puddle and drink through the cloth if that what was available at the time. BTW he was not a raw foodie.

To me when you eat raw food you get a lot of the moisture required and the food seems to digest better because I find you need a lot less of it. So instead of a raging digestive fire in the belly you get a smaller more comfortable fire.

Another person I know (HRM) a breatharian says that he has to drink water whether he eats or not.
Cheers
Al

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 04:24:54 am »
LOL. Try to quench your thirst with 5W30 motor oil, then! ;D
Tell it to animals:
http://animalsdrinkingwater.tumblr.com/ Nice pics!

Like i said, nobody ever uses water for lubricating machinery. However animal fat is commonly used to lubricate machinery. And i quench my thirst with it often. There many animals known to never drink water such as kangaroos and mice owls and many more.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 04:29:59 am »
I hope you dehydrate that milk and those tomatoes first so that you don't get any of their corrosive water in your body.

Again with the silly comments that make no sense?

I never claimed water in food to be corrosive. The more nutrient bound a water becomes the less solvent reactive it is.

For an example of this look at pure distilled water. Many people have serious mineral deficiencies and electrolyte imbalance even leading to hospitalization.

THis is the purest water and most dangerous.
-----------

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 09:06:04 am »
I find the anti water claim dubious.... all indigenous humans as well as the other great apes are known to drink fair amounts of water.

I agree ultra pure water can leach minerals out of the body and that drinking too much water may have negative effects, but I just don't see any evidence of any long lived and healthy groups of people who have been able to thrive with such limited water intake?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 09:22:11 am »
How do you know all indigenous people drank water? There wasn't one mention of water in all of weston a prices travels.

What evidence is there for indigenous people drinking lots of water? I'm not saying there isn't any, i just havent found any and would be interested to see it if so.

Anyway, almost all indigenous people eat lots of cooked food too which i know is bad. Anyway, what works for indigenous people isnt necessarily what will work for us. They can get away with a lot that modern people cant since they havent been exposed to generations of toxic food and vaccines and such, they are much stronger than we are and were able to thrive eating some cooked foods whereas i cant.

Anyway, i haven't drank water in almost 4 years as well as thousands of other people around the world with incredible results. Iv healed all of my health problems without drinking any water and have zero health problems at this point. My digestive system is perfectly clean at this point, my eyes used to have no blue in them at all, now the entire section of my iris associated with digestion is a vibrant incredible blue with perfect striations, the rest of my iris is green now from the original gray and needs some work but i'm getting there.
-----------

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 10:12:45 am »
svrn,
How old are you ?
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 10:37:07 am »
I live as an indigenous person and I drink a lot of water..... perhaps you can obtain enough fluids from your milk consumption, but at least have some respect for the countless millions of people who do not tolerate milk and cannot use it for hydration. I salute you if you are indeed perfectly healthy without having to drink water, I am simply stating my opinion that I haven't seen enough evidence that this would work for everyone and so cannot endorse the practice.

BTW There is plenty of primitive looking tribes people in documentaries drinking water. and to my knowledge I have never heard of any indigenous group who does not drink water regularly, even total natives like the bush people who can get a large part of their h2o intake from food sources, still take great effort to obtain drinking water.

example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U170xJXVMHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ealht_oCFu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDtvOY1mV9g
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:53:53 am by sabertooth »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 11:50:28 am »
First water is bioactive dirt/ clay. I do that myself, mixing terramin clay into a putty consistency and and let it grow bacteria and become bioactive with bacteria and thus totally different from plain water which i dont advocate anyone drinking while activated clay is very good for detoxing.

Second one is plant juice which i encourage everyone to drink.

I didnt tolerate milk in the beginning, i pushed through and had no problems past 3 years with it. It can cause people to detox a lot in the biginning which can be very unconformable. The reason i am sure of this past hypothesizing that  it is detox is due to my personal experiene with other foods that have begun triggering detox in me the same way milk did in the beginning. also anyone who tried drinking cold milk, not surprised they had discomfort

Currently my issue is with eggs. I ate them raw for 3 years with no problem. For the past year i can eat eggs due to the detox symptoms I get. I often get diarrheah 30 minutes after eating them because it makes toxins dump into my stomach. When i have some time off to focus on the detox I will eat eggs a lot until it pulls out everything it is working on when im eating them. Eggs are of absolute highest quality, same reaction with chicken duck and quail eggs. I previously had the same issue with avocados. After eating them for 2 years with no issues whatsoever, out of nowhere i started getting the same detox symptoms as with milk and the eggs. I laid off for a while then when i had some time off to detox, started eating them again and soon it went away and now i have no problem eating avocados.

Do you believe some people simply cant digest eggs or avocado either since it gave me the same symptoms? Yet i pushed through and it stopped and i felt much healthier after pushing through every time. I had the same issues with salmon for a while and pushed through as well.

Il stop discussing dairy when people stop discussing things like supplements and tea.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:56:57 am by svrn »
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk