Author Topic: Processed foods proven to be addictive  (Read 2254 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Processed foods proven to be addictive
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:24:33 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3448153/Junk-food-really-addictive-High-calorie-treats-flood-brain-s-reward-feel-good-chemicals-leaving-wanting-more.html

Interesting how processed foods are likened to taking cocaine. I wish they would do a study on the addictiveness of lightly-cooked "whole" foods as well. But that would likely be politically-incorrect.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Processed foods proven to be addictive
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »
Lightly-cooked whole foods aren't nearly as addictive for me.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:55:53 pm »
Lightly-cooked whole foods aren't nearly as addictive for me.
They are to me.  I am even, to some extent, "addicted" to raw, minced meat - that is, I will always eat far more of it than I would the unminced version thereof. I think the reason for this is that the mincing bypasses the instinctive "stop" by comparison to raw, unminced flesh. One other thing I do which is bad is to drink water while eating. I reckon it makes me eat more than I need to.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:23:44 am »
I'm currently addicted to raw free farmed Danish bacon, I'm eating a 400 gram packet while typing this, yum yum (actually using Swype on smart phone)

At least it's almost raw paleo and has lots of fat to help with my ketogenic preference.

Just hope those preservatives don't screw my beneficial microbes too bad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk