Author Topic: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome  (Read 7040 times)

Offline bluesky

• Forager
    • View Profile
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
« on: October 15, 2008, 02:12:31 am »
Hi Everyone! I suffer from PCOS related hirsituism, if I were to eat say an almost zero card diet could it possibly reverse itself? Or am I doomed to be hairy forever? Everything I've read by modern science says it's impossible, ie. once the hairs are terminal they can't change back to vellus, but I just can't except that. So is there hope?

Offline CuredMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:59:58 am »
Hey Bluesky,
My Dr thought I had pcos (turns out she now thinks I don't)... but I definitely have insulin-resistance related symptoms too.  I don't know if you would need to go full out on the no-carb... but maybe a low carb like a lot of the raw meaters on this site do would help.  You could play with it a bit because everyone's body is different and will respond differently... maybe you can have more fruit than others, etc.   

Don't know if the hairs can ever go away (showing my ignorance about terminal vs vellus)... but maybe they'll stop growing as quickly?  If that's the case, there's always hair removal and then slow growth back (so you're not dealing with it all the time/as often). 

If you have an email address I'd be happy to talk to you more about this! 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:35:59 am »
Hi Everyone! I suffer from PCOS related hirsituism, if I were to eat say an almost zero card diet could it possibly reverse itself? Or am I doomed to be hairy forever? Everything I've read by modern science says it's impossible, ie. once the hairs are terminal they can't change back to vellus, but I just can't except that. So is there hope?

You will be well.  My cure manual has the raw paleo diet as the recommended diet.  See http://www.curemanual.com
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:22:41 pm »
PCOS can be cured but terminal hairs will remain terminal hairs. But, at least, you can prevent new ones from coming in and becoming terminal.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:23:53 pm »
When I was a kid, some ace of a dentist destroyed my teeth.  The delicate hairs around my hairline then turned thick and coarse, my eyebrows grew long and thick, etc.  I also got lumps in my breasts.  I had health problems ever since unless I was 100% careful at all times.  When I switched to RVAF my baby hairs came back around my hairline, my eyebrows became perfect again and my breasts for once in my life got bigger without lumps.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk