Author Topic: Controversial topics, regarding recent deleted thread  (Read 8550 times)

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Controversial topics, regarding recent deleted thread
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:00:38 am »
Why even have a Politics / Spirituality / Philosophy section if controversial topics won't be tolerated?

From my perspective, plenty of controversial topics, and about things that are much more important and have a direct effect on everyday life, are tolerated here.

The only reason I could see to ban this particular topic is because of fear of censorship from some governing body that claimed this site harbored hate speech, or something to that effect. If that's the case I can understand.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Controversial topics, regarding recent deleted thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:16:13 am »
What got deleted? Did I miss something?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 02:45:07 pm »
I deleted the bad news for gs thread. It was because it was a silly unnecessary thread, unrelated to diet, and we have been having way too many irrelevant non-dietary discussions so far. I should have just PMed my message, if at all,  directly to GS, not on open forum.  Admittedly, I should not have deleted other peoples' posts in the thread. Won't happen again.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:19:18 pm »
Well maybe it wasn't entirely unrelated to diet. Plenty of studies claim to show an effect of diet and toxins/drugs on behavior like that.

Also, there are plenty of topics discussed in these forums that are unrelated to diet.

Also, I thought the thread was in the members-only area, not in the open forums.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 07:31:58 pm »
Well, I eventually moved it to the members-only area.  The point is we should be all-inclusive, ideally. We ought to make this forum a friendly, welcoming place for everybody, whether they are homosexual or members of ISIS or whatever. This board is all about making ALL human beings more healthy, after all. Some political incorrectness is fine and healthy(and indeed essential to civilisation), but political correctness for the sake of divisiveness is pointless.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 09:06:12 pm »
So the way to make people feel included is by not allowing discussion on a topic that is related to their personal lifestyle choices? Ok... but then they shouldn't be able to talk about their lifestyles either.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »
Personally, I do not see a problem with people talking about their lifestyles vis-a-vis diet. For example, I recall one incident on the primal diet yahoo group where someone talked about RVAF diets and the related possible chances of getting an STD and the only person who even bothered to answer,  a lesbian,  replied to the heterosexual male question-asker  with her perspective on the issue. The point being that we can learn from all other viewpoints, if need be.Anyway, we should all celebrate diversity of opinions as well as celebrate what we all have in common, imo. So if we can(eg:-)post articles on how WP connected  poor diet quality to homosexuality, why not also include scientific articles on the alleged positivity of homosexuality, or whatever? Then members can come up with their own rationalisations and utilise life-experiences as to what they choose to believe in?  What I mean is, we are mostly 1000s of miles apart from each other, so who cares what we all believe in, it is irrelevant, let us focus more on what we have in common and what we can learn from each others' successes or mistakes re diet or anything else.So 1st amendment is fine but let us focus more on health-related issues.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 10:30:29 pm »
I think these discussions become problematic when personal judgments become projected onto an imagined macro sociological landscape by the use of generalizations without any attempt to explain ones reasoning on deeper levels.

Lets have open discussions regarding all the aspects of the true nature of humanity, including homosexuality...but let it be without merely blasting negative statements against the "Gay Agenda"  Whatever the Agenda may be in the undercurrent, it must in some way be a manifestation of something real occurring in the environmental conditioning which engenders these contentious lifestyle "choices" in individuals.

I take a broad scope to the issue and point to our evolutionary past, where all vertebrates evolved from hermaphroditic worms....certain advantages in gender specialization eventually divided the sexes, but even through our amphibian phase certain individuals could revert from one sexual orientation to another when triggered by environmental conditions.

Its no longer possible to change ones gender in a biological way , but perhaps as we evolved into socially hierarchical creatures, these tendencies to transform under certain conditions, were transferred to the evolving psyche, which under certain conditions may alter sexual behavior in order to cope with the unusual circumstances of living in hierarchical hives, where traditional gender roles are no longer necessary for survival.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:07:43 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 04:36:14 am »
In this case we have a disease that society as a whole cherishes and celebrates as a wonderful thing. Taking this notion at face value and refusing to examinate the issue does a disservice to people who have this illness, as well as to those close to them or who interact with them.

There's no reason why someone who has the mainstream view can't be allowed to post here and explain why they think it's not a disease, or whatever.

This forum is about health primarily, not just diet. Lots of threads talk about health related subjects that are only mildy related, or unrelated to diet. And there are plenty of other threads about lifestyles, politics, etc, that have nothing to do with either.

How is it "accepting diversity" to avoid the topic altogether? Anytime anything is discussed, someone could feel insulted. If you're gonna avoid all sensitive topics based on that, what is the point of this forum? Since the lifestyles of almost all the members here would make most people around the world feel insulted.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 05:51:29 am »
The trouble is we have had far too many non-dietary posts in recent months and we need to get back on topic to some extent.
" Ron Paul.

Offline therouting

• Forager
    • View Profile
panda express feedback
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 09:18:13 pm »
Client input studies are led to comprehend the client's preferences, preferences, and inclinations in a superior way. Moreover, they are additionally useful in discovering which regions of client assistance need consideration panda express feedback and which territories of administration did the client like the best. This entire procedure is completed with the goal that the flavor of the nourishment, quality, valuing, staff's co-activity, and generally feasting in and taking out encounters can be improved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk