Author Topic: Blog posts that relate to cold exposure and Wim Hof  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Blog posts that relate to cold exposure and Wim Hof
« on: April 19, 2016, 03:46:12 am »
For those who are interested, over the past couple months I've posted twice on my blog about my experiences taking Wim Hof's online class on using cold exposure to reset the body's hormonal and immune systems. The two relevant posts are Embracing the Chill and The Art of Pushing Beyond. I will probably post about raw paleo topics too, although my time is consumed by other projects right now.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Blog posts that relate to cold exposure and Wim Hof
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 04:11:37 am »
I am impressed.I was considering trying out his program in a year's time after some other trials.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 05:18:38 am »
I'm also interested in becoming more comfortable in colder temperatures, but more in length of time than in intensity of cold, if you catch my drift. Have you noticed improvement in that matter? Like being rather comfortable without as many layers of clothes as before?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:35:40 am »
I'm also interested in becoming more comfortable in colder temperatures, but more in length of time than in intensity of cold, if you catch my drift. Have you noticed improvement in that matter? Like being rather comfortable without as many layers of clothes as before?
No idea about eric but people on the primal diet yahoo group did report that, after years of going RVAF, they developed gradually better blood circulation and steadily improved their resistance to cold as a result. I have similiarly experienced the same thing over the years. Just a pity that my heat-intolerance, while 90% solved by RPD diets, has not been fully solved yet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:29:09 am »

Yes, I definitely have. Despite living in northern Vermont (USA) where the temperatures can fall far below zero (Celcius) in the winter for extended periods, I no longer own or require a coat or gloves anymore. I do still own a little wool cap though, as while my ears are far more resistant to cold than they used to be they can still get cold enough to be uncomfortable.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 11:52:16 pm »
No idea about eric but people on the primal diet yahoo group did report that, after years of going RVAF, they developed gradually better blood circulation and steadily improved their resistance to cold as a result. I have similiarly experienced the same thing over the years. Just a pity that my heat-intolerance, while 90% solved by RPD diets, has not been fully solved yet.
Maybe eating more fruits in summer will help in that matter?

Yes, I definitely have. Despite living in northern Vermont (USA) where the temperatures can fall far below zero (Celcius) in the winter for extended periods, I no longer own or require a coat or gloves anymore. I do still own a little wool cap though, as while my ears are far more resistant to cold than they used to be they can still get cold enough to be uncomfortable.
Very good to know. I might try Wim Hof's online class. As for your ears, I guess shaving all your hair makes them more exposed, whereas they would normally be lightly protected, even in the case of advanced baldness where there is still hair in that area (don't know if that's the case for you though, just saying in general).

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:34:08 am »
Maybe eating more fruits in summer will help in that matter?

Yes, it is true that I find that eating lots more raw fruits/raw veg helps quite a bit in the summer, and I also eat less during that time as that helps too.  But I still preferably need a big fan at temperatures above 30 celsius etc.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk