Author Topic: completely overwhelmed!!  (Read 14243 times)

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
what weight was gained?
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:01 am »

i'm curious about your weight gain, lex; i checked your journal but couldn't find this kind of info:

what was the change in your body composition ratios?
was the increased weight
~ a larger % of body fat -- whether subcutaneous, muscular, or visceral would be an interesting added detail
~ a larger % of muscle mass
~ a larger % of bone weight
~ a larger % of body water

"time & gradient precede existence", me

Offline Oliveo13

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: completely overwhelmed!!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 07:22:36 am »
Hi Ioanna,

From my reading an experience you probably want to moderate your diet. Fruits and vegetables are very important but so are some nutrients that you will only get in animal products, like B12. I would suggest not jumping back and forth between vegan and all meat but to find the right balance for you. I am currently trying to do that for myself but I feel a heck of a lot better than I did 7 months ago when I started the raw food diet journey. I feel better when I have a little meat and fish but not too much. I am going to try to become relatively consistent with seared fish 2x a week and seared beef once a month or so. That seems like it will be about right but not sure yet. One thing I am absolutely sure of is that the fruits and veggies and sooooooooooooooooo important.

Olive O.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 07:28:51 am »
One thing I am absolutely sure of is that the fruits and veggies and sooooooooooooooooo important.

What nutrients in fruits and veggies are so important?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 08:13:58 am »
One thing I am absolutely sure of is that the fruits and veggies and sooooooooooooooooo important.

ditto!  what nutrients are not in raw meat?? 

I would suggest not jumping back and forth between vegan and all meat but to find the right balance for you.

Sorry, did I write something to indicate that?  I haven't eaten anything but meat, eggs, and on rare occasion raw cheese for over a year now. I had increased my fat intake to match some 80%fat/20%protein (by calories) "ideal" that I had learned, but this didn't seem to work for me. So when I say that I went back to my original way of eating, I just meant less fatty meat and no more pan searing the fats.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: what weight was gained?
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:06 pm »

I'm curious about your weight gain, lex; i checked your journal but couldn't find this kind of info:

what was the change in your body composition ratios?
was the increased weight
~ a larger % of body fat -- whether subcutaneous, muscular, or visceral would be an interesting added detail
~ a larger % of muscle mass
~ a larger % of bone weight
~ a larger % of body water

Sorry, I missed this.  I've been out of town for few days and just happened on it by chance.

My Journal clearly shows that the weight gain was fat.  Caliper skinfold measurements confirmed this.  As for all the other stuff, I haven't a clue.  Not even sure how I would measure bone weight, water weight, and differentiate muscle from fat.  There must be some equations for this but I don't know what they are and not sure it would really tell me anything useful.

Lex

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 02:30:59 pm »

I think there are nutrients in fruits and veggies that are important.  I'm just not into quantifying the details.  But every now and then I do eat celery or some other vegetable, and I have my high vitamin C fruits in the morning and some fatty fruits when I feel like it.  Also I follow the fruit seasons, a wise local healer once told me personally to follow the fruit seasons and eat those fruit in season because they are at their peak of nutrition when in season.

I'm not much into vegetable juicing.  I kinda agree with Wai Diet's observation that fruits are more potent than veggies... which seems true in my locale.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:30 pm »
I agree. I tend to lose interest in my meats, re appetite etc., if I eat raw zero-carb for too long. I seem to need a  very high proportion of raw meats/organs in order to get the best benefits re increased concentration/alertness etc., but without any raw fruits at all, those benefits vanish within a couple of weeks. Raw honey and veggie-juice, by contrast, I find to be absolutely useless re my body.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk