Author Topic: Any Videos of acquiring Glands from Sheep? Sabertooth could you plz. help?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
I told the Butcher (butchers) about glands.
But they have absolutely no Idea what I am talking about.

That's why I want to request Sabertooth to plz. help. He already made whole series about butchering the sheep which is extremely interesting and helpful. He also eats the glands. So, he is the perfect candidate for this request.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
My butchers have no clue about glands, either. Independent butchers seem to take what they will sell and put the rest into a barrel for the renderer. Large slaughterhouses harvest some glands separately to be processed into glandular supplements, but they won't necessarily sell them to individuals.

I googled diagrams of the anatomy of sheep and did my own exploring. The butcher gave me the whole bag of innards, but it wasn't hard to figure out what went where. It was like dissecting a cat in biology class, but bigger and messier. I also googled anatomy diagrams of fish and oysters and dissected a few before I ate them. 
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Northstar bison sells some raw glands, but seems to require a doctor's prescription if you want to buy raw thyroid from them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
My butchers have no clue about glands, either. Independent butchers seem to take what they will sell and put the rest into a barrel for the renderer. Large slaughterhouses harvest some glands separately to be processed into glandular supplements, but they won't necessarily sell them to individuals.

I googled diagrams of the anatomy of sheep and did my own exploring. The butcher gave me the whole bag of innards, but it wasn't hard to figure out what went where. It was like dissecting a cat in biology class, but bigger and messier. I also googled anatomy diagrams of fish and oysters and dissected a few before I ate them.

Eve, could you please tell me about Fish.
Which glands of the fish do you find are eatable?
What types of fish are you consuming and which are the most tasty one.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Eve, could you please tell me about Fish.
Which glands of the fish do you find are eatable?
What types of fish are you consuming and which are the most tasty one.

The fish I love the most for taste and fattiness are too big for me to buy as whole fish, so I never get their innards. Also, buying fish in city markets can be tricky because a lot of the fish comes in from enormous commercial operations and the fish can be pretty old and kept in plastic packages. I buy some fish from a wholesaler - I just go there and ask him what he has. If none of his fish appeals to me, I buy oyster and crab, which he always has for about 1/2 the price of a supermarket. I also like Vietnamese and Korean markets here in California for beautiful-looking fish in a size range that fits in a shopping bag. I know this is a shameless generalization, but I'll say it anyway: American fish markets don't have nice fish because Americans are less fussy about fish. As long as the scales and bones are gone, they're happy.

Smaller fish like mackerel are nice, too, and small enough so you can buy the whole fish. If you get an anatomy chart, you can taste each tidbit, such as gall bladder, heart, etc., but these parts are small, so don't start getting all excited for a dish of fish glands.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I have personally found that the taste of some small raw fish is quite bad, especially when eating the whole fish at once. Something to do with eating the fish-scales or the fish-innards that puts me off. I have previously compromised by eating raw oysters and raw mussels as I have no issues re taste when eating them whole. I guess what I am saying is that we all have different tastes and needs as regards food so it is a wise idea to experiment with small samples of new raw foods to expand the variety in your diet and see what works for you. For example, I find I thrive best when I  have from 20% to no more than 40% raw wildcaught seafood in my diet, and lots of fresh raw blood and raw innards from raw wild game.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk