Author Topic: Oyster Cure? The best zinc supplement in the world?  (Read 9449 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Oyster Cure? The best zinc supplement in the world?
« on: February 13, 2009, 10:20:56 pm »
I am currently experimenting with eating large quantities of oysters and enjoying myself.

http://www.eczemacure.info/blog/2009/02/13/oyster-cure-the-best-zinc-supplement-in-the-world/

Can you share your experiences with oysters?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Oyster Cure? The best zinc supplement in the world?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:34:34 pm »
Well, I always feel a boost from eating raw oysters(only the high-quality raw oysters, that is). It's probably all the zinc boosting my testosterone.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:19:24 pm »
I love them, but don't get them fresh and raw very often.  Very stimulating on the libido.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:37:09 am »
i love them but last time i ate a few i woke the next morning to find my eyes swollen shut... i assumed i had an allergy but part of me hopes it was just the oysters i got.i live in the pacific northwest and can get 'em fresh all over but am somewhat nervious, i dont want to have a really serious reaction.
any thoughts?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:47:06 am »
There's some thing I heard about when not to eat oysters, something about not on the months that end in something. I totally forget but people say that at certain times of the year oysters have viruses or something in them, maybe bacteria I forget. Probably from algal blooms or something. I usually ignore that kind of information when it comes from the "average Joe" who doesn't eat any RAF. Although I will say that a large amount of raw oysters makes me feel a little "funny." Not sure how to describe it, a little sharply fuzzy or itchy. But they do taste pretty good.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:59:06 am »
I saw a news story the other day where an old oyster farmer mentioned that oysters are no longer an aphrodisiac on people because of the sugary foods eaten now days.This was just an off hand comment by this farmer but piqued my interest.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:23:21 am »
they made me feel great, im just skiddish because my understanding of allergies (not like lactose intolerence but of the more violent kind) is that you react worse with each exposure. i can handle swollen eyes but not so much swollen throat...
i suppose that may be a critter i shouldnt mess with i just wish i could.

Offline ANDREAS

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:37:08 am »
I am currently experimenting with eating large quantities of oysters and enjoying myself.

http://www.eczemacure.info/blog/2009/02/13/oyster-cure-the-best-zinc-supplement-in-the-world/

Can you share your experiences with oysters?

Oysters are known as nature's greatest marine bioaccumulators of toxic heavy metals. They accumulate huge amounts of zinc-toxic for human beings-( who said so much zinc is healthy?)cadmium, lead, arsenic,copper, mercury,etc and most importantly they will do this regardless of the water purity of their environment but naturally the more available heavy metals are in polluted waters the worse it gets. However  any sea water contains trace amounts of heavy metals and because oysters and clams filter and accumulate these by concentrating them in their organs and shells in huge amounts this makes them a very bad choice if all good one has to say about eating them is that they are rich in zinc which supposedly increases libido. This might only be the case provided that one is very deficient in zinc, something that is almost impossible when feeding on a proper RPD.
As a matter of fact in the case of cadmium because the rate of absorption is speeded up by the increase of water temperature in the summer months it can often result in the massive destruction in oyster populations.
Just because oysters are supposed to be good for you and just because you might be able to afford buying them I dont think that they are a healthy source of nutrients. The risk/reward ratio is lousy.
Of course if one eats just a few oysters occasionally that should't be too much of a problem like doing any thing that is harmful from time to time would probably not do permanent harm.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 04:14:14 am »
The claims re heavy metals in seawater are highly suspect. Certainly, the anti-mercury claims have been definitively disproven:-

http://www.rochester.edu/pr/releases/med/mercury.htm
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk