Author Topic: Eating cheeses/butter/sour cream  (Read 4561 times)

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Eating cheeses/butter/sour cream
« on: November 16, 2014, 10:10:32 am »
I like to eat a slice of cheese, and about a tbs of butter with each protein meal. For some reason it gives me that full, satisfying feeling.  Do you guys see any problem with this?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eating cheeses/butter/sour cream
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:55:17 am »
Make sure they are raw, and 100% grass-fed.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 12:33:47 pm »
I don't have acess to raw dairy at the moment

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 06:57:58 pm »
  Do you guys see any problem with this?
Yes, I see a problem.

A cooked meal would give you a similar full, satisfying feeling.  Dairy, wheat, and cooked food in general, are addictive, thus a satisfying feeling when eaten again.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:55:01 pm »
In the "living food diet" scene, animal proteins and dairy products are not seen as a good mixture. Same for legumes and fruits, meat and eggs, etc...
So the satisfying feeling you're getting is probably due to the fact that you're going through a heavy digestion, or something similar. This also means you're not absorbing well the food you're putting in your body.

If you're going for mixes, meat is better with greens.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:32:35 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 02:27:18 am »
I've seen people eat steak with butter and I personally like that. Im experimenting with cheese and meat. I don't see why butter would be a bad thing to combine with it per say since some cuts of meats are fatty. But the cheese? I'd go for raw. I probably wouldn't eat it if you can't get it raw. Also maybe some suet would be better? I'm going to try to find some good suet myself pretty soon at a farmer's market.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 05:54:13 am »
I've given up all dairy for years now but when I cooked my steak I always fried in in coconut oil. Funny. I had coconut oil on my list because I am running low but haven't used it since I went totally raw.

My skin is better since I gave up dairy. Raw milk is not an option for me because it's too expensive and I'd have to travel over a hundred miles to get it but if it were available here I would give raw dairy a try and see how it agrees with me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk