Author Topic: parasites in fish roe  (Read 7090 times)

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
parasites in fish roe
« on: July 14, 2016, 07:50:17 am »
Hi,

I m in Philadelphia now, today I bought a lot of fish roe in a grand market hall here. I ate some raw for lunch with a salad and some ACV. This evening I wanted to eat more of it and when I opened the box I saw something moving . I looked at it, it was a worm perhaps 1 cm long. So I guess the whole fish row was full of them and I ate some for lunch today. Now I feel very sick -v. Don't know what to do right now, because I m not at home I have no essential oils like oregano oil here or parasit cleansers. I could buy them perhaps tomorrow. Is there anything I can do, are this little worms dangerous anyways and are they going to stay alive in my tummy??? -[

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: parasites in fish roe
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 09:20:25 am »
I imagine the worm is quite harmless. I wouldn't worry about it. Seafoods are extremely unlikely to have parasites that can survive in humans.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:10:00 am »
I always have Barefoot Herbalist's dewormer as stand by.
http://oldfashionedspices.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=16

Go and take your dewormer.

Get rid of it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »
Check your stools and if they have any sign of  parasites, it might be best to visit a local pharmacy when you get back home. CK is right, though, most parasites are  specific to certain species and do not survive in other hosts for long.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 10:26:46 pm »
I know how you feel.  Few years ago I ate lamb lungs and only then I noticed it had tiny little worms inside.  Most likely these were harmless and simply digested into amino acids inside my stomach.  I never had any adverse side effects or symptoms.  But just the idea of it made me feel uncomfortable.  It is mostly in our heads.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 05:39:29 am »
I hope you are right, CK, still feel very squeezy -v. yesterday evening I ate some raw garlic with ginger and horseradish to get rid of the little worms, I had nothing else. Today I bought oil of oregano. Also because I developed a herpes blister on my lip after the long overseas flight and after eating all day in restaurants and on the plane and living in air conditioned hotel rooms . I try to stay in the paleo context while eating out but all this cooked foods don't agree with me. This evening I will arrive in Savannah and I hope things are going to calm down. This whole america experience is very interesting, I should open a new thread about it. I did not know how completely different your country is.
Thanks for the link, GS, I will see if I can order it when I come back.
Honestly, staying healthy while traveling seems more of a chalenge then I thought :P

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 05:41:57 am »
Tyler, do you mean worms in my stool? How long should it take to see them come out?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »
Tyler, do you mean worms in my stool? How long should it take to see them come out?

Get a stool sample and bring it to a lab for analysis.  That should be the fastest way.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 02:37:27 pm »
No need. If there are no symptoms I would assume that the worms are not going to survive.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 09:37:44 pm »
I wouldn't worry about the worms you ate...

I know there are many types of parasites that can live in the human body, so I hate to generalize, but my understanding is that we would typically get parasites from ingesting the eggs of the organism. Stomach acid digests most adult parasites, but the egg's shell resists stomach acid, so the parasite's eggs pass through the stomach and hatch later on. I don't think a parasitic infestation would make you queasy in a day or two.

That's why I wouldn't worry.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 09:21:10 pm »
I m just back from the states now. I lost 2 kg and I m happy to be back. Till now found no worms in my stool. My digestion was very bad the first traveling days but became better when I started taking kombucha and gut shots from the health food shop. To be sure I m going to make a stool test the next days, I intended to do it anyways

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 08:31:30 pm »
Parasites are nothing to be worried about. In fact if you get one i would be happy. They are our helpers. Many people have cured their digestive issues by purposeful parasite dosing. A lot of work has been done on this in the university of Iowa.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130422-feeling-ill-swallow-a-parasite

You can only get them if something else is wrong in your diet that needs to be corrected. It is mostly a third world problem for people subsisting on grains
-----------

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 05:49:13 pm »
It is possible that you were looking at embryo fish in the roe and these would of course be harmless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk