Author Topic: Sprouts - a cheap and healthy way to live on a RVAF diet  (Read 11064 times)

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sprouts - a cheap and healthy way to live on a RVAF diet
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 09:58:56 pm »
What confuses me is that he says sprouts generate enzymes that prevent you from digesting nutrients... But fasting for 3-5 days would not kill you...

Unless he meant eating only sprouts but drinking no water either... I think this is probably what he meant.

Either way, I don't think it's meaningless that you only made it 1 day on only sprouts

When I was doing a vegan diet back in 2010, I regularly ate raw sprouts but I found I could only handle a small amount and mixed with other foods, and even then they tasted like soap.

I wouldn't necessarily put a lot of emphasis on what "sproutarians" claim, being that I know of several people who claim to live on sungazing or just air ("breatharians"). I knew one of them personally and he got very thin on his "breatharian" lifestyle. He was faking it to some of his friends and when they weren't there, he'd pig out on high calorie foods.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:04:15 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 10:15:31 pm »
*sigh* Perhaps I did not make myself clear re full details:- after 2-3 years of being raw vegan and then Fruitarian, I switched to becoming sproutarian for a couple of months(6 weeks min, anyway) just eating raw sprouts and water(spring water) and actually did slightly better than on the former raw vegan/fruitarian diets. Admittedly, in those days, I did not overeat raw sprouts per day like I did in later experiments.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2018, 10:55:43 pm »
What kind of sprouts did you eat for 6 weeks?
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 01:44:05 am »
I've eaten tons of sprouts in my lifetime and even was doing them recently. I noticed this last time that my mood was bad on them and so was my athletic performance at the gym.

As for raw vegetables, sprouts are extremely cheap if you grow them yourself and once you get the hang of it extremely easy as well.

I mostly grew vernal alfalfa and broccoli sprouts. I've also sprouted a lot of wheat and rye and if I ever go back to eating bread it would probably be made from sprouted grain.

Compared to eating mostly raw organ meats, eating lots of sprouts seems like a huge step backwards.

Eating too many sprouts gives me “hateful vegan syndrome”.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 02:28:13 am »
What kind of sprouts did you eat for 6 weeks?
A lot of watercress and some alfalfa. Those 2 are the only ones I recall(it was after all c.17 years ago). Probably other types of sprouts were also involved but those 2 were the most  favoured and the ones I remember.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 02:55:42 am »
A lot of watercress and some alfalfa. Those 2 are the only ones I recall(it was after all c.17 years ago). Probably other types of sprouts were also involved but those 2 were the most  favoured and the ones I remember.
Ever tried Vernal alfalfa sprouts? I never cared for alfalfa but vernal has a completely different taste. Kind of medicinal. It always gave me lots of energy. Looking back, I now wonder if it wasn't due to something unknown but not unlike what caffeine in coffee does. Was probably a toxin that the plant produced to keep insects from eating it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 03:19:22 am »
Never had them.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk