Author Topic: Unscented Everything?  (Read 3059 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Unscented Everything?
« on: September 10, 2016, 08:11:45 pm »
I had a teacher say that the best soap is unscented and has nothing in it.

I decided to go a step further, and do unscented laundry detergent, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, gel (if I wear some), and bar soap. The same items tend to be gluten free, and allergen free.

I noticed my nasal passages are less clogged. I still spray some cologne on my clothes.

What do yall think?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Unscented Everything?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 08:51:13 pm »
Avoid all scents and perfumes like the plague! Toxic and disturbing.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:52:55 am »
Ive always been sensitive to artificial scents, and since going raw my olfactory senses have become even more acutely adverse to unpleasant odors.

The modern world stinks in many ways and the artificial environments are so toxic and filled with stench. The body is easy to keep clean without use of artificial fragrances, especially for those eating raw unadulterated food and drinking pure water. A cotton cloth and running water goes a long way. The addition of real soap as needed to remove stubborn dirt, and a clean organic body oil to replenish afterward makes my personal hygiene regiment complete.

The more difficult task is dealing with everything else in the world that has an odor which is a warning that somethings gone afoul. Having traversed just about every urban and rural human environment...I have smelled it all. Sadly people instead of heading the reeking warning, they try to mask it with the application of artificial deodorizers...the result being entire populations of people whose sense of smell has been rendered useless...these people can no longer tell when the air is unfit to breath. Their flight response to environmental offences has been dampened and so subsequently the masses are being exposed to all sorts environmental toxicity from which they have will to escape.   

The worst on my list is crazy cat people house , followed by the roach motel, then the cigarette smokers lounge..... especially when these places are sprayed with masking chemicals. On the inorganic side there is synthetic toxic wastelands of big box stores, and hardware warehouses, traffic exhaust.. all unavoidable parts of living in modernity   

I have been working to find a balanced solution to nose pollution, and will use only real soaps sparingly. I recommend if you use unscented laundry soaps try getting some wool dryer balls and using a couple of drops of a natural oil scent on the dryer cycle. I like pine and patchouli. My girlfriend will also put a couple of drops of scented oil in a water spray bottle and use the mist to iron our sheets and the guest linens. By keeping the environment pure, one is capable of detecting subtle and pleasant aromas without being entirely desensitized. This notion of using subtle and naturally derived scents in moderation to accentuate an already pure environment has been entirely forstanken by the fa-breeze the stink away mentality of modern culture.

Overseeing an Inn and small Zoo simultaneously it is important to keep things smelling pleasant for guest, so me and the misses run an air purifier constantly, will air out the house every pleasant day there is and on occasion will burn some "quality" incense before new arrivals...it seems to complement the light dog and male body odor which is omniscient in my home ....other than that we typically avoid using any scented products.   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:09:12 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »
I loath oil burners, especially the scent of eucalyptus, and agree that saturating the air with vocs even if they are "natural" isnt ideal...though I contend that useing a few drops of a quality plant extracted oil on a dryer ball or ironing a light diluted scented mist into the laundry does not release high levels of VOC into the air in the same way that oil burning does...nor does it saturate the environment with all the other chemical pollutants of standard scented commercially produced products. 
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk