Author Topic: Too much protein  (Read 4154 times)

JaX

Too much protein
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:30:36 am »
I've come to realize after trying different versions of raw paleo that eating too much protein is the worst thing for metabolism. I don't think it's a good idea to do zero carb if not enough fat is available (anything more than 20% protein in the diet seems to slow down metabolism). If for some reason I don't have suet or extremely fatty muscle meat (like the ribs from an old animal /rib eye is not fatty enough) I won't go zero carb-- In this case I always add fruit and don't eat too much meat. Eating too much lean meat without plenty of carbs or fat is simply a metabolism killer. It's better to fast through a day than to eat high protein
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:36:15 am by Seeker »

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Too much protein
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:38:48 am »
Interesting... so what proportion of nutrients have you found to work best for you?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:21:09 pm »
Interesting. I've actually found the opposite, that too much fat is worse on zero-carb. I'm increasingly convinced that the low-protein theory is just a vegetarian myth, given that I do better with more protein than 20%.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

JaX

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:05:44 pm »
Interesting... so what proportion of nutrients have you found to work best for you?

I've found it best with high fat and low-moderate carb and low-moderate protein. If not enough fat is available I usually raise carbs but keep protein low. My carbs come from fruits that aren't too high in sugar (grapefruit, papaya, cucumber, avocado, blueberries, cranberries, red bell peppers), coconut water, occasionally raw honey and raw dairy products.

Too much protein (more than 25% by calories) seems to constipate and cause fatigue, black circles under the eyes, bad breath..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk