Raw Paleo Diet Forums > General Discussion

Young children and meat

<< < (3/3)

xylothrill:
Nicola,

I agree sodium is toxic in large amounts but not the tiny amounts needed to prevent deficiency.
The bear does eat eggs and 6 raw eggs contain 1837.1 mg of sodium. That's quite a bit!

Craig

xylothrill:

--- Quote from: Raw Kyle on June 06, 2008, 03:08:50 am ---How would we eat the eggs? I only like eggs blended with dairy or cooked, not a fan of the "Rocky style" egg consumption.

--- End quote ---

Kyle,

Just drink them! Do you like eggnog? People have been drinking it for centuries and I think AV may even have a recipe for it. There really isn't much of a taste. I use to try to avoid them when I found out about the high calcium to magnesium ratio but since learning about the calcium and sodium in blood, which is hard to come by, I've though about adding some back into my diet. It doesn't take much - only two eggs to bring the ratio of Ca:Mg in a pound or so of meat to 1:1. Just like anything, you'll get used to it. Bronson doesn't like raw liver and I didn't either at first but now I like it.

I saw something on television somewhat recently about a man stuck out to sea in a broken down boat. It was on one of the educational channels but can't find a link to it on the web. He survived on raw fish flesh but after a while the flesh wasn't enough. He started craving ALL parts of the fish he caught including the eyeballs! He said he craved them as well as the innards and they tasted good. It was explained how the body has a feedback system that realizes what it needs and connects it to what you've eaten that has those nutrients in it. The body then sends signals to crave these items when needed and you'll relish the taste.

I believe that one of the problems with our "modern" SAD diets is the fortification of processed foods coupled with the mixing of several foods at one sitting. This makes it nearly impossible for the body to discern exactly where those nutrient are coming from. So this throws our natural craving and hunger mechanism out of whack especially when we are deficient in something. The body doesn't know what to crave to get the nutrients it need so it craves food in general. I'm sure it was on one of the informational channels so there must be a link about it on one of their sites somewhere.

Craig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version