Author Topic: Don't buy raw shellfish from SE Asia!  (Read 3902 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Don't buy raw shellfish from SE Asia!
« on: October 05, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3822536/Horrific-video-shows-prawns-injected-jelly-substance-sold.html

The sad thing is that most of the prawns I have gotten in the past, when in the UK and Austria, have been from SE Asia. This comes after previous revelations that raw shellfish in SE Asia often was fed on excrement:-
http://economyincrisis.org/content/pig-and-geese-feces-fed-to-fish-and-shrimp-in-asia

....Well, I will just have to resign myself to only buying raw prawns when I am on holiday in Italy, where the local Mafia-ridden fish-market routinely charges tourists in the summer from 33 to 58 euros a kilo for rather small prawns.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Don't buy raw shellfish from SE Asia!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 09:09:44 pm »
But beware, most of the prawns are from aquaculture, even the ones from Europe. Langoustines are wild, in principle. 15 - 17 €/kg here.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »
I buy only wild shrimp.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 09:42:11 pm »
But beware, most of the prawns are from aquaculture, even the ones from Europe. Langoustines are wild, in principle. 15 - 17 €/kg here.
The fish-market people in Ventimiglia are supposed to buy raw wildcaught seafood only from local fishermen, so I would be very surprised if  they were farmed.

More on this theme:-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2294246/Love-eating-prawns-Youll-right-tell-THEY-fed-on.html
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:03:13 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:25:33 am »
I dont eat farmed shellfish, and rarely eat wild caught anymore, in part due to quality concerns.

Ive been craving sea food more often, and recently discovered how absolutely delicious raw wild caught lobster is, and binge on it whenever I can find it for a decent price.

It seems to add balance to my diet and I love the richness and taste so much that I would eat a lot more of it if I where a richer man... 
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 08:54:35 am »
I haven't tried raw lobster.  Is it that much different from crabs and shrimps?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 01:00:05 pm »
I am no good at describing taste, however:-

https://www.quora.com/What-does-lobster-taste-like
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 09:37:02 pm »
I haven't tried raw lobster.  Is it that much different from crabs and shrimps?

Its similar to crab and shrimp, except that its more tender with a richer flavor, and it melts in your mouth turning into an almost creamy consistency.
You should try it!!!!
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk