Author Topic: low body temperature  (Read 8709 times)

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
low body temperature
« on: October 30, 2016, 10:21:54 pm »
Hi,

I live in the south of France and it is still pretty warm and almost always suny. But I feel so cold. I took my temperature and it was quite low 35,5 C or 96 F . Then I started taking my temperature all day, after raising, meditating, eating, sport, showering etc.After a green juice it was like 34,4 :P after clams with avocado 35 C . I tried all kinds of things, upted my calories like crazy with loads of beef fat. It raised my temperature but made me so sick I lost one Kg in one night and feel even colder than before. I tried cooking my fish and meat and made fish stock to warm me up. I recognised that the temperature goes up for a short time but goes down later, no difference with the raw food so I m going to stick with mostly raw. I tried miso soupe and it totally raises my themprature like 1,1/2 degrees in 2 minutes? If I do a mudra meditation with fire breathing I get my temperature up as well. Being in my warm bed increases my temperature as well. If I m active, doing sports temperature goes down. After all I red its a sigh of hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. I already take tyrosine pregnenonelon. Do anybody has similar experiences or ideas what to do. I would like so much to have a toasty warm body.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: low body temperature
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 11:05:04 pm »
I have the opposite problem, I generate far too much heat. I have bought Wim Hof's cold-adapation/heat-adaptation method. This technique involves gaining control over the vagus nerve so that one can alter one's body temperature up or down and influence one's metabiolic rate. I have not gotten around to using it yet due to procrastination, but have indulged in cold baths for some time now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:14:08 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:56:28 pm »
Just looked into it, Tyler. This is exiting. I m going to recherche it. I will work on being able to transform my body temperature through my will. I don't like it to have to solve this situation with food. All the things I tried like eating big amounts all day and night and cooking everything out of my food and even lots of starches but nothing worked jet.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 12:47:57 am »
Long time ago, before raw meat, I used have cold hands and feet, and in winter lots of times my fingers would suddenly turn white due to poor circulation.  All of it gone now, but i'm not radiating heat like TD, it's just i rarely get cold hands and feet.

My first two years were heavy on liver and other organs, I ate organs every single day. I made sure to rotate them so not to overload on just one.  The progress was not immediate, but long and tedious.

For you problem I would start with finding a good paleo-friendly doctor.  They are hard to find but they do exist.  The first thing doc would do is order a full panel blood test.  The causes could be numerous such as anemia, poor circulation, liver problems, thyroid issue, etc.  Never diagnose yourself over the internet.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:19:20 am by TylerDurden »

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 05:05:08 pm »
Yes YS I m going to make some blood tests soon. But first I trie to fix it myself. I started meditating and using breathing technics and found out that I can rise my body temp within minutes on about 0.5 degrees Celsius without a problem, that I m warmer after a good night sleep, that when I m relaxed I m warmer, that I raise my temperature by resting and not by activity, half an hour cosy with a book and blanket raises my temperature where as after sport my temp goes down. Deep breathing is very important, visualising my body with a sun in the centre or fire or so also is very pleasant and warms me up. I find it very interesting that my nutrition seems to be not so important, more my thoughts, lifestyle, state of being. I think It is time to change my life. The last years I lived more and more a shadow life with my husband slowly and sadly dying and now I m on my own in a foreign country with my daughter feeling somehow still shock frozen and  so scared.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 06:58:06 pm »
My skin body temp is generally around 35 or 35.5C, sometimes 34.5C, and I don't have problems with it. Remember that your internal body temp is always a bit higher than your skin temp, and that it varies depending on conditions. It could be that even though my skin temp varies from 34.5C to 35.5C, that my internal body temp is always at 36C or higher. In any case, I haven't found this to be a problem. But maybe you're measuring internal body temp, and then it would be pretty low.

A few things that will raise your body temperature are exercise, spicy hearty foods, such as a raw meat+egg+tomato+avocado patee with hot peppers and onion, that I've described in other posts here. Also, a combination of 4/5ths no-salt added, full fat raw cheese and 1/5th unheated honey eaten together will warm you up pretty quickly. Another thing you could try is hot baths. Sleeping with one or more hot water bottles may also help.

During the day, getting direct sunlight on as large an area of your skin as possible will help by allowing your body to produce more vitamin D, just make sure not to get sunlight exposure through a glass window, as that can tan your skin without producing the vitamin D, which is the worst of both worlds because then you will not produce as much vitamin D next time you're in the sun. Actually, tanning is almost always a bad idea unless your regular lifestyle does include spending hours upon hours in the sun every day, and the tanning is just a natural reaction to that. But the way most people do it, which is they take a few days to have intense sunlight exposure and tan, when most of the rest of their lives they have little sunlight exposure, is a terrible idea for their health. If you're in the sun and your skin starts burning even a little bit it's either time to turn around and let other parts of your skin be exposed instead, or it's time to get out of the sun until the next day (or just put on more clothes that cover the affected areas of your skin). Tanning beds are obviously a lot worse. Another trick to maximize vitamin D production and absorption is to not bathe or shower for 2 hours prior or 1 to 2 hours after significant sunlight exposure, especially if you're using soaps. If you shower just prior to sunlight exposure, the soaps and hot water will wash away the cholesterol that your skin uses to make vitamin D. If you shower just after sunlight exposure, they will wash away the actual vitamin D before it's had time to be absorbed. While not in the sun, wearing thick clothes, gloves, etc is also a temporary way to alleviate the problem of feeling too cold.

I would avoid the cooked foods. The heat you get from those is mostly from irritation, not a good healthy source of warmth. But yes, cooked fatty meats eaten in abundance will raise your body temp a lot. So will a combination of cooked starch and cooked cheese, such as pizza, or rice/pasta with plenty of hard cheese. Or something like spaghetti and meatballs, especially if it's really fatty. Again, I wouldn't recommend these. The reason they make you warm is because they put your body in alert mode. Also because raising the body temperature helps deal with some of the toxins and the cooked fats, and helps keep them liquid and more malleable, easier to carry from one part of your body to another, and easier to be utilized and converted into something less harmful.

The beef fat you ate, was it from grassfed beef, or feedlot beef? If from feedlot beef, the reason it made you sick is because of all the toxins. If from grassfed, did you eat it alone or with muscle meat? Force feeding only meat fats can overwhelm your body, especially beef fat. Pork fat is more mild. But both should be eaten with about an equal amount of muscle meat at the minimum, especially if eating them in large amounts. Allowing your meats and in particular your meat fats to reach room temperature or be slightly warm when you eat them will also improve digestion and taste. I usually can't be bothered and just grab something and eat it cold off the fridge, but if you're having problems then consider doing one of those. Some people sun-warm their meats prior to eating them. A closed glass container will work great for this. Just make sure not to let them sit in the bright sun for too long while inside the container, or they may begin to cook.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I can't imagine what it must be like going through something like that, and dealing with the aftermath.

Did he have an illness? And was he eating mostly raw like you?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:18:16 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 04:10:05 am »
Thanks a lot daiorpl for your response. yes, its my internal body temp, I take it oraly,
Strange enough but exercises seems to lower my internal temperature and eating as well. I think it is because I m very exhausted and even the food in my stomach takes energy to digest, exercising even more.
The fat is from grassfed beef but I think you are right, it digest better when I eat it with meat.
Cooked foods are not optimal, I feel it as well. At the moment I do eat cooked starches with every meal just to gain back a bit of weight. It is the only thing that works fast for me. On rawpaleo I need ages to gain a bit and it includes a lot of suffering and nausea and stuff.
My husband died of colon cancer when he was 42, he ate cooked , mostly vegan , starch based, did not liked exercises, worked on the computer all day.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 11:00:38 pm »
What kind of exercises do you do? I would focus on muscle building exercises over cardio for this in particular. But if you feel too exhausted to exercise, then I'd say listen to your body.

The meat patee I described is wonderful for gaining weight. When the meat is liquified like that, it takes much less energy to digest and you can eat larger amounts before you feel full. Also because you don't have to chew it, it's easier to just eat it as a snack whenever you feel like it throughout the day. I wrote a rough idea of how to make it in this post here http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/first-time-eating-raw-chicken-tipsadvice/msg136532/#msg136532

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. Did he have treatments like surgery, radiation or chemotherapy for his cancer? One can only wonder what would've happened if he tried eating the same foods you eat. But of course everybody has to make their own choices in life, and I'm sure he wanted to stay vegan and thought that was the best way to deal with his disease.

We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:32:14 am »
I m doing yoga every day in a yoga centre here. Lots of different styles, some are very physic, and some hours of Bikram hot yoga, this is very taxing because of the heat. I m going down with exercising as I feel it takes to much energy, energy I don't have at the moment.
I will try your pate. I can not find ripe tomatoes at the moment here, will have to do it without, perhaps with onions and mushrooms, that could be tasty. Why so you use so much eggs? I never felt good eating a lot of eggs, and I don't digest the egg white well. I do best with beef fat and raw butter but I will try it with eggs. Did you gain weight with this formula?
My husband had a lot of surgery, radiation, chemo, he did the whole program, didn t help

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »
I would avoid yoga at this point as it's all cardio, therefore it consumes energies that you don't have right now. And hot yoga could be even worse for your condition, as it teaches your body that it's overheating and needs to learn to lose as much heat as possible. Instead, if you were going to exercise at all, I would recommend weight lifting or bodyweight exercises that build muscle, such as pushups, squats, walking up stairs, crunches or abdominal leg lifts, etc. Muscle mass naturally generates heat even when resting. That said, you're a woman, so you don't wanna go crazy with it. And if you feel too exhausted to exercise then it's probably a good idea not to.

You can do without the ripe tomatoes, for sure. I personally use mostly just regular, conventionally grown tomatoes that are full of pesticides, since organic tomatoes are only available for a few months out of the year and even then it's hard to find them. Onions and mushrooms would work too. You could also add a small amount of herbs like fresh parsley, oregano, thymus... Just be mindful of what your body is telling you, and how your digestion is working.

Eggs are a wonderful source of proteins and fats, are very easy to digest, and generally go well with anything that's blended or otherwise well mixed together. But if you have access to no-salt-added raw butter, then definitely use plenty of that and you can forgo the eggs. For me it's very expensive and time consuming to get butter since I have to extract it myself from the milk and then throw away the skim milk, so I have to restrict its use. If I had access to plenty of it, I would probably eat lots of it with just about everything.

The meat will be giving you plenty of protein, anyway, so you don't necessarily need the eggs for that. Meat fat is also good. If using no tomatoes and no eggs, it might be hard to blend into a homogenous paste even in the food processor because there are no liquids. Although you could add raw cream instead. But it's not absolutely necessary for it to be a homogenous paste, like I said. Even if it's all just really finely chopped by the food processor, it would be good. If you won't have any liquids, definitely use smaller amounts than what I mentioned, to help the mixing work better.

I did gain weight with this formula. Drinking full fat raw cow milk also helps with that, even better if you add some extra cream to it. Raw honey is good for that also, and can be eaten with just about anything, including the milk.

I'm really sorry to hear about your husband, that experience is unfortunately too common. Were you trying to convince him not to do those treatments and he didn't listen to you? Or you just didn't know what else to do? Either way it must be really tough dealing with what happened.

The medical establishment convinces people who are ill that if they don't do what they say, they'll die. And then they die anyway and all the doctors can say is "if you didn't do all this you had no chance, at least this way you had the best chance possible"... I wonder, what do they base this on? Do they have proof that their treatments do more good than harm and actually give people a better chance of survival and health? I don't think they do.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:09:46 pm by dariorpl »

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 12:15:33 am »
Yes, darionrpl, you are right, I probably do to much yoga and it is very strenghous for me. It was my rescue when I found the centre in feb. and it gave my life a whole new positive focus. I will do less, already I don't go there in the evening any more because it totally upsets my rhythm and the late eating after it gives  me nightmares and bellyache. I should do more weight training.
It seems that you ate a lot of protein in your weight gaining phases. How often did you eat and how much. If you eat your protein more than 3 times a day that sounds like overdoing it, do you think it is good to live on so much animal protein.
 I thought about eating a protein fat mix tree times a day and between meals butter and coconut butter every hour, that should work.  :)

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 04:04:47 am »
When trying to gain weight I just eat as often and as much as I possibly can. I don't think eating protein more than 3 times a day is too much, nor do I think an abundance of animal protein is a problem, indeed I think almost all of our proteins should come from animal sources. AV did recommend two meat meals a day + 2 snacks consisted of blended eggs + dairy, with vegetable juice in between, for weight gain. But sure, your plan could work just as well. You should be able to experiment with it and see if it works or  not. Where do you get the coconut butter? I'm asking because I'm not aware of any processes that can create raw coconut butter, only raw coconut cream. But all coconut oil or butter that I'm aware of is heated.

Offline Consistency

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 08:40:37 am »
Vitamin D from sunshine like dariodrl has indicated or a quality supplement. During the winter months I prefer taking Vitashine Vitamin D3 after experimenting with many toxic Vitamin D supplements on the market, mainly due to inconsistent dosages per pill.

Sufficient Omega 6 fatty acids to produce PGE2. Search: thermogenesis pge2

Hulled sesame seeds, quality in season raw pistachios, and fresh non-oxidzed in shell walnuts being my go to sources for Omega 6's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk