Author Topic: Study finds people see interracial couples as disgusting and less human  (Read 6757 times)

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Despite decades of brainwashing by TV, hollywood, media, commercial ads, think tanks, schools and government agencies, this study finds that people's natural reactions towards interracial couples haven't fundamentally changed, they just pretend to have the politically correct views of the day.

http://phys.org/news/2016-08-bias-disgust-mixed-race-couples.html

And for some history of how people used to think of this a few decades ago, and openly talked about it, here's a 3 minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:43:12 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Study finds people see interracial couples as disgusting and less human
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:48:19 am »
The above topic really has hardly any link to anything palaeolithic or raw, imo, and ought to be dropped for a number of reasons. Besides, it is merely rehashing, in a different way, the rather overly-obvious point  that the age-old cliche that opposites attract is  complete, utter nonsense.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:52:55 am »
Paleo tribes would by definition only mate within their own race. Race mixing has a lot to do with health. If you mix a polar bear and a gray bear, you get a bear offspring, but that bear is less healthy than both of its' parents.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 05:20:29 am »
The above topic really has hardly any link to anything palaeolithic or raw, imo, and ought to be dropped for a number of reasons. Besides, it is merely rehashing, in a different way, the rather overly-obvious point  that the age-old cliche that opposites attract is  complete, utter nonsense.

Trump won.
No more P..C.
Lets keep this topic.
Im mixed race of plenty and i am interested.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 06:57:54 am »
Im mixed race of plenty and i am interested.

The problem is that everybody is afraid of being insulting towards mixed race people, because they didn't choose to be mixed race and if you say that race mixing is bad then you're also saying something about their parents, and making it harder for them to respect and honor them.

I have no interest in being insulting, nor in preventing someone from respecting their parents. I'm just interested in talking about the biological and cultural implications of race mixing, and to have an honest discussion about whether it's something we should be encouraging or discouraging. Nobody is perfect, so if someone feels insulted when that's clearly not my intention then I think it's their problem rather than mine. And for that I have great respect for people who are mixed race or are in a committed interracial relationship and are honestly interested in this topic without feeling like they or their family line is being attacked.

Finally, we all have some degree of race mixing. It's just a matter of how much, and how far back into the past you have to go to find it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:26:31 am by dariorpl »

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 07:10:25 am »
Besides, it is merely rehashing, in a different way, the rather overly-obvious point  that the age-old cliche that opposites attract is  complete, utter nonsense.
I wouldn't say that. I mean, I would describe myself as pretty active, health-conscious, untidy and slightly effeminate. The last girl I was into was lazy (but surprisingly fit), pasta addict, obsessive about hygiene and boyish in her manners. I'd say we complemented each other quite well ;)

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 07:35:31 am »
I don't know Dariopl, two of my best friends were mixed race, one half Afro-American half Danish, the other half English half Malay, and the fact their parents were different race never really shocked me. I was young back when I became friends with the first one, and I didn't even think about the fact his father was black and his mother white. Didn't seem that odd to me (or odd at all).

However, four years ago one of my white best friends got with a Sierra Leone girl friend of ours. His sister and mother were indeed hostile toward them, but it might've been more because of her possessive and self-centered attitude than just race and skin color.

Anyways, this so called disgust people are supposed to feel towards interracial couples, why does the concerned couple not feel it towards their companion?

IMO interracial couple will become more and more common with advanced globalization and acceptance of such behavior.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 08:09:14 am »
I wouldn't say that. I mean, I would describe myself as pretty active, health-conscious, untidy and slightly effeminate. The last girl I was into was lazy (but surprisingly fit), pasta addict, obsessive about hygiene and boyish in her manners. I'd say we complemented each other quite well ;)
I am not suggesting that opposites never attract, merely that they very rarely do. Even when they do, and the couple truly  love each other, one often finds that they have endless rows with each other, let alone with the in-laws and friends, even if they do m ake up with each other afterwards. The best chance of relationship success, scientifically,  is supposed to be 80% similiarity/20% difference. At any rate, I have known some  loving couples who were completely ill-matched and virtually complete opposites to each other.- they usually ended up ruining their childrens' lives  etc. etc. even if their own relationship does not suffer overall. Sometimes I favour the arranged-marriage notions of Hindus(and indeed of my European aristocratic ancestors) as such parents always ensure people marry within the same class/caste etc. so that chances of conflict are much rarer than otherwise.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 08:39:16 am »
I don't know Dariopl, two of my best friends were mixed race, one half Afro-American half Danish, the other half English half Malay, and the fact their parents were different race never really shocked me. I was young back when I became friends with the first one, and I didn't even think about the fact his father was black and his mother white. Didn't seem that odd to me (or odd at all).

However, four years ago one of my white best friends got with a Sierra Leone girl friend of ours. His sister and mother were indeed hostile toward them, but it might've been more because of her possessive and self-centered attitude than just race and skin color.

Anyways, this so called disgust people are supposed to feel towards interracial couples, why does the concerned couple not feel it towards their companion?

IMO interracial couple will become more and more common with advanced globalization and acceptance of such behavior.
Several obvious points here to debunk the above suggestions. Things like racial preference are already, more or less, created in babies without interference from parents or siblings or whatever, as scientific studies have already shown that babies have innate racial preferences without being trained as such in any way:-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10770563/Babies-show-racial-bias-study-finds.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2566511/

The answer is that they likely  actually do, the point being that this is all on a subconscious level.  Also, people have other reasons for going in for mixed-race marriages that supersede instincts.For example,  I had a relative by marriage  who married a young Vietnamese woman late in life. He was hopeless in business and was too old for  a young white woman, but he made a deal with his Vietnamese wife that she would get a British passport as a result of the marriage  and the ownership of his British house after his death. In return, his marriage to a Vietnamese allowed him to set up a business in Vietnam as the law in Vietnam  then only allowed foreigners to do so if they had a Vietnamese business partner owning the other half of the business. Then there are all those older white men who go to Thailand to those marriage-bureaus because they can't find what they want at home - inevitably, such bureaus contain mostly prostitutes and the like  as very few  classy, high-grade Thai women would dream of marrying a white foreigner, let alone a middle-aged one.

Globalisation seems to be becoming kaput these days. What I find fascinating is that the pro-mixed-race marriage propaganda is huge in Europe and the West in general, but mixed-marriages are much rarer than one would expect despite that. I did wonder once about why it is so often that one frequently sees placards  in Austria featuring a mulatto woman with a white man, or a mulatto kid, when such are very rare sights in real Austrian life. According to some vague report I read once, the companies know that such sights will shock people, and thereby indirectly get their product noticed, and the latter is what they are trying to achieve.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 08:03:02 pm »

I agree, and that's why it's important to talk about whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. We've been hearing for decades that it's the best thing since sliced bread. But is it really?

I always find it bizarre when people say they want diversity, and then they call for race mixing. See, the only way to have racial diversity is if people of different races stay separate. If they mix, then you no longer have different races, therefore you no longer have diversity. Or rather, the diversity is reduced.

We wouldn't call for all polar bears to mate with brown bears because that would eliminate both species, and just create a generic bear that is not as well adapted to either environment, and that is less healthy overall. We wouldn't call for all wolves to mate with dogs. Even local racial differences, such as the different shapes of the shells of giant turtles in the different galapagos islands, which are evolved to fit the vegetation local to each island, are very valuable to us, and we wouldn't call for all giant turtles to mate with giant turtles from other islands. But somehow, when someone calls for humans of different races to mate with each other and do away with racial uniqueness, that is praised and elevated as the new goal of mankind and the future of our species that everyone looks forward to. Even though we know from biology that when you mix different races, the resulting offspring is less healthy on average, because those genes haven't combined with each other for thousands of generations, or sometimes never. Genes evolve to work best with other genes in the same genepool.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 07:04:57 pm »
We wouldn't call for all polar bears to mate with brown bears because that would eliminate both species

I meant to say it would eliminate both races. They're the same species, like wolves and dogs are.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 09:42:18 pm »
Will tell you about our Philippine experience.
We are a melting pot of races.
And we are being blended over the centuries to the point of losing the original pure races.
Aetas, Igorots, Ilocanos, Kapampangans, Malays, Visayans, Tagalogs, Bicolanos, Ilongot, Mountain province natives, Tausugs, Dumagats, Spanish, Chinese, Caucasians, and whatever else came our way, etc, etc,

We are blendered to the point we don't know or don't care or just theorize.

You will see traits just suddenly pop out with the next generation and ask where that look came from... la dee da... old ancestors looked somewhat like that... skipped 2 generations.

I do know wherever there is proximity or bordering with other races, is that there is mutual curiosity...  sexual curiosity... for example last weekend I had my usual mountain weekend and the care taker was a civilized mixed race Visayan Filipino and we were talking about chicks... and the kids we have with them...  like what most Filipino men talk about... and he talked about his sexual experiences with the dumagats in the mountains... That they were short, dark, smooth clean skin and kinky hair, their women, even if married had a sexual curiosity and wanted to fuck "civilized Filipinos" real bad.  The other lot owner a few kilometers down the road in fact had 2 bastard kids with 2 separate dumagat women.  That both men individually told me that the dumagat women were very clean, they liked having sex daily, they had immense muscle control with their vaginas, and had their own herbs to give to their men so they can keep getting it up.  The interest from both races was mutual.

Dumagat women enjoy the fucking style of civilized Filipino men because we tend to romance more, to have foreplay, whereas dumagat men are known to just insert their penis, pump a few times and they are done.

And what of the mixed offspring of civilized filipino mixed race men + dumagat women?  It's all good.  Seems Filipinos are not disgusted by the half breeds.  They like seeing new features.  Actually just the fact that the different races are attracted to one another, means there are hardly any complaints from anyone.

I myself am a mix I trace from various races and the race I did not have was ilocano, of which my wife is a half breed ilocano who I pursued.

I'm guessing it is a cultural thing.  Seems in our experience here in our islands, we seem to not be disgusted with the offsprings of different races... but as for COUPLING... the COUPLING I observe is NOT DISPLAYED.  It's hidden from public spectacles... the children are obvious.  We are a mostly promiscuous lot here.

As for Filipinos coupling with Whites... too common.  Nobody cares.
Filipinos with Chinese types... even more common than whites... too many Chinese types are Filipinos... the only issue is cultural if the Chinese Family insists that the Filipino wife is treated as a second class gender. 
Filipinos with Indians... you must be able to tolerate the way indians smell.  Rare.
Filipinos with Arabs... you must be able to tolerate the way Arabs smell.  Even rarer.
Filipinos with Blacks / Negros... could be as rare as with Arabs.

I personally do not detect disgust towards interracial couples.

We have a saying for women that:

"While you're age is still within the calendar month (30), you will still be able to find a Filipino man to marry you, beyond the calendar month (30), there are still FOREIGNERS who will wife you."

Most of us Filipino men don't understand why Foreigners will want women over 30.  But hey, it's all good, we want the young ones, you want the old ones.  And we do seem to notice FOREIGNERS, especially WHITE MEN are attracted to our EXOTIC women (women we find ugly).  So in a way, it is a win win thing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:01:21 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 02:26:29 am »
I meant to say it would eliminate both races. They're the same species, like wolves and dogs are.
Polar bears and brown bears are different subspecies to each other.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 07:52:43 am »
Polar bears and brown bears are different subspecies to each other.

In biology, subspecies and races are synonyms. Hindus and Arabs are two different subspecies of human.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 08:06:56 am »
gs, when you're in a situation where there are few if any distinguishable races, it's easy to just give up and keep mixing.

As for the promiscuity and adultery, well as you know I see that as a sign of uncivilized behavior that is detrimental to a prosperous society in the modern world.

The way to increase prosperity is to have strong family units and private property. That way, each family maximizes how much they produce, so that they can give their kids the best chance at a successful life. When a father doesn't know if a kid is his or not, because his wife may have slept around with other men, then he's less interested in working hard to give his kids the best life possible, since he's not really sure they are his kids after all. Instead, he'll spend his energies on himself, trying to conquer other women, the best strategy under such a situation becomes "spray and pray" rather than "plan and commit".

This is partly what's been plaguing the western world more and more over the past few decades, because with the rise of the welfare state, most women are no longer interested in staying committed to a man, since they can get resources from other men by force through the State. That in turn signals to most men that what used to be the best strategy, to find a good woman to marry and form a family, and stay loyal to her, may no longer be the best reproductive strategy. And this is how most of the western world is becoming less civilized and less prosperous. I don't know the history of the Philippines, whether the cultural norms you describe are something new, or whether it's always been that way. But the fact that you describe a situation of rampant promiscuity and adultery, and the fact that the Philippines is a very poor country, may not be entirely unrelated to each other.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 08:17:59 am »
To expand on what I said regarding mixing in a situation where there are few distinguishable races, I think it's important to recognize that even in a "melting pot" situation, you can consider that a new race is being formed, let's call this the filipino race. Which came about through all of this mixing you mention. It's still possible to put a stop to further mixing and to maintain a filipino gene pool that, through the ages upon ages, remains more or less constant. Then, natural selection would begin to work on it in such a way that the filipino race would have it's uniqueness and advantages over other races, in such a way that it's more beneficial for people living in the Philippines. However, this process could take thousands of generations, just like it took thousands of generations to create the races of people in most of the rest of the world. Still, the present is as good a time as any to decide to embark in this experiment.

Even if you do decide that it's best for filipinos to continue to mix with whatever comes their way, and that this is part of your culture, that still doesn't mean that it would be a good idea for every other country or race to do the same. There are clear advantages to races staying separate, whereas the benefits from race mixing are very rare and dubious, while there are health detriments as well.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 08:40:57 am »
Species and subspecies are definitely not the same at all. They are quite distinct. Naturally, some subspecies are merely geographically separate, but there are many subspecies of animals with entirely different dna so as to be almost a different species. Naturally, human classifications are quite artificial in this regard..
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 08:58:30 am »
Species and subspecies are definitely not the same at all. They are quite distinct. Naturally, some subspecies are merely geographically separate, but there are many subspecies of animals with entirely different dna so as to be almost a different species. Naturally, human classifications are quite artificial in this regard..

I guess you meant races and subspecies are not the same. But they are really. Sometimes the term subspecies is used to refer to races that are further apart genetically, with the term race being used to refer to subspecies that are more closely related. But really, like I said, for all intents and purposes, these two are synonyms. Even though there's a lot more difference between a western and eastern european than there is between an australian aborigin to an american indian, these are all called races normally. But they could just as well be called subspecies.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 04:26:34 pm »
Strictly speaking, the different races should be called  different "subspecies", while "races" should be used to determine ethnic differences between different ethnic groups within the same subspecies. For example, red-haired people are quite different ethnically from blond people, and Australian Aborigines/Melanesians with the blondish hair trait are ethnically different from other Aborigines/Melanesians without that characteristic.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 07:01:36 pm »
Even though there's a lot more difference between a western and eastern european than there is between an australian aborigin to an american indian,

I meant to say the opposite, that there's a lot LESS difference

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 05:59:05 am »
(...)
As for the promiscuity and adultery, well as you know I see that as a sign of uncivilized behavior that is detrimental to a prosperous society in the modern world.

The way to increase prosperity is to have strong family units and private property. That way, each family maximizes how much they produce, so that they can give their kids the best chance at a successful life. When a father doesn't know if a kid is his or not, because his wife may have slept around with other men, then he's less interested in working hard to give his kids the best life possible, since he's not really sure they are his kids after all. Instead, he'll spend his energies on himself, trying to conquer other women, the best strategy under such a situation becomes "spray and pray" rather than "plan and commit".

This is partly what's been plaguing the western world more and more over the past few decades, because with the rise of the welfare state, most women are no longer interested in staying committed to a man, since they can get resources from other men by force through the State. That in turn signals to most men that what used to be the best strategy, to find a good woman to marry and form a family, and stay loyal to her, may no longer be the best reproductive strategy. And this is how most of the western world is becoming less civilized and less prosperous. I don't know the history of the Philippines, whether the cultural norms you describe are something new, or whether it's always been that way. But the fact that you describe a situation of rampant promiscuity and adultery, and the fact that the Philippines is a very poor country, may not be entirely unrelated to each other.

That's well written (you're a excellent and prolific writer!) but here you're saying that the neolithic, civilized and modern way of life with private property is the supreme way and that the tribal paleolithic way of life was bad! You should read the bestseller "Sex at Dawn", which one of our members (called "Aura") provided us a in free pdf. I still have it and can e-mail it by MP if requested. 

https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062207944/sex-at-dawn

Since Darwin's day, we've been told that sexual monogamy comes naturally to our species. Mainstream science—as well as religious and cultural institutions—has maintained that men and women evolved in families in which a man's possessions and protection were exchanged for a woman's fertility and fidelity. But this narrative is collapsing. Fewer and fewer couples are getting married, and divorce rates keep climbing as adultery and flagging libido drag down even seemingly solid marriages.

How can reality be reconciled with the accepted narrative? It can't be, according to renegade thinkers Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethå. While debunking almost everything we "know" about sex, they offer a bold alternative explanation in this provocative and brilliant book.

Ryan and Jethå's central contention is that human beings evolved in egalitarian groups that shared food, child care, and, often, sexual partners. Weaving together convergent, frequently overlooked evidence from anthropology, archaeology, primatology, anatomy, and psychosexuality, the authors show how far from human nature monogamy really is. Human beings everywhere and in every era have confronted the same familiar, intimate situations in surprisingly different ways. The authors expose the ancient roots of human sexuality while pointing toward a more optimistic future illuminated by our innate capacities for love, cooperation, and generosity.

With intelligence, humor, and wonder, Ryan and Jethå show how our promiscuous past haunts our struggles over monogamy, sexual orientation, and family dynamics. They explore why long-term fidelity can be so difficult for so many; why sexual passion tends to fade even as love deepens; why many middle-aged men risk everything for transient affairs with younger women; why homosexuality persists in the face of standard evolutionary logic; and what the human body reveals about the prehistoric origins of modern sexuality.

In the tradition of the best historical and scientific writing, Sex at Dawn unapologetically upends unwarranted assumptions and unfounded conclusions while offering a revolutionary understanding of why we live and love as we do.

“Sex At Dawn has helped me understand myself and the world so much more clearly.” — Ilana Glazer, co-creator of Broad City

“Sex At Dawn is the single most important book about human sexuality since Alfred Kinsey unleashed Sexual Behavior in the Human Male on the American public in 1948.” — Dan Savage

“Funny, witty, and light ... Sex at Dawn is a scandal in the best sense, one that will have you reading the best parts aloud and reassessing your ideas about humanity’s basic urges well after the book is done.” — Newsweek

“Sex At Dawn challenges conventional wisdom about sex in a big way... This is a provocative, entertaining, and pioneering book. I learned a lot from it and recommend it highly.” — Andrew Weil, M.D., author of Healthy Aging

“Sex At Dawn is a provocative and engaging synthesis... that has the added benefit of being a joy to read.... A book sure to generate discussion, and one likely to produce more than a few difficult conversations with family marriage counselors.” — Eric Michael Johnson, Seed Magazine

“You clearly have an exciting book on your hands, whether people agree with it or not: these are issues that will need debating over and over before we will arrive at a resolution.” — Frans de Waal, author of The Age of Empathy

“A wonderfully provocative and well-written book which completely re-evaluates human sexual behaviour and gets to the root of many of our social and psychological ills.” — Steve Taylor, author of The Fall and Waking From Sleep

“One of the most original books I’ve read in years, Sex at Dawn manages to be both enormously erudite and wildly entertaining—even, frequently, hilarious. . . . A must-read for anyone interested in where our sexual impulses come from.” — Tony Perrottet, author of Napoleon's Privates

“This paradigm-shifting book is a thoroughly original discussion of the origins and nature of human sexuality... These authors have a gift for making complex material reader-friendly, filling each chapter with humor and passion as well as dozens of revolutionary insights.” — Stanley Krippner, Ph.D.

“Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha have written the essential corrective to the evolutionary psychology literature...” — Stanton Peele, Ph.D.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:59:19 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 11:23:33 am »
That's well written (you're a excellent and prolific writer!)

Thank you

You should read the bestseller "Sex at Dawn"

I'll definitely consider it. I've heard lots about this book over the years, and I will probably read it one day. I just have so much other stuff to read right now. I can't say when I will find the time to read it.

but here you're saying that the neolithic, civilized and modern way of life with private property is the supreme way and that the tribal paleolithic way of life was bad!

It's the best today. Back then, it wasn't. And so I fully agree that the neolithic, civilized, private property, family oriented and monogamous way of life is NOT natural. That is, it's not the way of life that we evolved in. But it is ideal for the economic situation we've been in for the past 10k or so years, since the development of farming/herding. I fully agree that our instincts will often tell us to revert to our natural ways, the ways our ancestors evolved in. And those are tribal communism with an emphasis on public property rather than private, duty rather than freedom, gossip rather than privacy, promiscuity and polygamy rather than monogamy, tribal communal raising of kids rather than families doing it. I can go into more detail about why those things are ideal today if you're interested.

Our ancestors evolved in this way because that was ideal for the economic situation they were in for most of our evolution. When you can only extract from the land those resources which it naturally produces, and you can't increase their production in any significant way, then the situation is such that it's best to form groups (tribes) that share responsibilities and resources, while they keep others away. In this economic situation, the ideal becomes Marx's motto: From each according to their ability, to each according to their need. Within reason, of course. Unproductive or non-cooperative members would simply be killed, for the good of the tribe. Likewise, neighboring tribes would be seen as mortal enemies, for any extraction of resources by them meant less resources available for you and your tribe.

And this sets the stage for much of the horrors of tribal life. Or, what we today think of as horrors, but back then, they were everyday life and a good thing. Cannibalism, rape, torture, mutilation, murder and war were all a part of everyday life, and highly valued among tribe members, especially the leaders and the wise ones. And these horrors were in a majority of cases aimed towards children, and for good reasons too.

PC anthropologists have spread this false notion of the "noble savage". In truth, there was no such thing. And we don't even need much research to know this. Simple economic, biological and psychological/sociological theory is enough to figure out that all of these horrors were not just happening, but that they must have been happening, because the socioeconomic situation was such that all these things which today would be "bads", were "goods" back then, when properly applied. I can go into more detail about why those things were ideal back then if you're interested.

The problem with the neolithic era, is that we threw the baby out with the bathwater, sort of speak. We realized how our lives could be made much better by the transition to farming and herding rather than hunting and gathering, private property rather than public property, freedom rather than duty, peace and trade and care rather than war and torture, monogamy and lifelong marriage and family unions rather than polygamy and promiscuity and tribal unions, and privacy rather than gossip. We, particularly in western cultures, called this being purified from our brutish and savage ways of the past, the original sin. The baby that we threw out with the bathwater is the old savage diet of raw, unprocessed foods, in particular meats (and by meats I mean all edible parts of the animals, including the blood, fat, marrow, connective tissue and organs). We were convinced by a notion (possibly put forth by the elite ruling class wanting to make everybody else weak and dependent), that just as our souls had to be purified by repenting and avoiding sins, so our meats had to be purified by fire before they were safe to eat. But fire doesn't purify, it only destroys. And so we were convinced that our new lives that were mostly free of sin had to also be free of the gory raw meats that the savages used to eat. But our biology hasn't changed. What made them biologically healthy are the same things that make us biologically healhy. And what made them biologically unhealthy, also makes us biologically unhealthy. This is the pinnacle of the paleo diet. We want to eat like paleolithic hunter-gatherers, because that's the diet our bodies evolved eating. We don't want to live with their cultures and societies, because, while that was the lifestyle our bodies evolved to want and excel at, it's also a lifestyle that is no longer ideal, in fact it's the strict opposite of ideal. And because we're the smartest animal on the planet, we realized how we could change our ways to improve our lives. We made mistakes along the way, and the transition is not full yet. Indeed, there are plenty periods (like the present) where the society has a throwback to our more savage ways of the past, which our genes thirst for. But like the christians say, our body yearns for sin, and we must learn to deal with it, and continously say no. That is, if we want to reach heaven, which is a state of total bliss and harmony. The allegory is more than just supernatural. If and when humanity learns to let go of our savage ways, and learns to finally and completely accept the ideal form of social interaction for the new post-agricultural era that we've been in over the past 10k years or so, we'll be in heaven.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:11:19 pm by dariorpl »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 06:16:47 pm »
To expand on what I said regarding mixing in a situation where there are few distinguishable races, I think it's important to recognize that even in a "melting pot" situation, you can consider that a new race is being formed, let's call this the filipino race. Which came about through all of this mixing you mention. It's still possible to put a stop to further mixing and to maintain a filipino gene pool that, through the ages upon ages, remains more or less constant. Then, natural selection would begin to work on it in such a way that the filipino race would have it's uniqueness and advantages over other races, in such a way that it's more beneficial for people living in the Philippines. However, this process could take thousands of generations, just like it took thousands of generations to create the races of people in most of the rest of the world. Still, the present is as good a time as any to decide to embark in this experiment.

Even if you do decide that it's best for filipinos to continue to mix with whatever comes their way, and that this is part of your culture, that still doesn't mean that it would be a good idea for every other country or race to do the same. There are clear advantages to races staying separate, whereas the benefits from race mixing are very rare and dubious, while there are health detriments as well.

Oh i like that you have this idealism on how things may progress, evolve.

Personally, im just an observer and just 1 person with a very short lifespan. Im no social engineer and would not even have the means to influence the future Filipino race.

The only influence i have is with my own descendants and whatever chicks i come across with and desire my genes to reproduce with.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 07:33:06 pm »
Oh i like that you have this idealism on how things may progress, evolve.

Another way would be to do a sort of "race cleansing" by simply having each mixed race person choose whichever race they think they have the most genes of, or even just one of the many that they think they have a bunch of genes of, and have children with someone of that race. Then, suggest to their children to also only mate with someone of that race, and so on, until that one race becomes the prevalent one in the genetic makeup of that person's offspring. Obviously, the "pure race" mate here would be sacrificing their own offspring's genetic welfare for the good of their partners', and as such, the mixed race partner would have to bring something else to the table to make that worth it for their mate. But people do all sort of nice things for each other, so as long as it's understood and admitted as such, it would be one way to do it.

If you were focused purely on the genetic makeup, and not interested in social dynamics, then in the case of a very promiscuous society, this would work best with the pure race mates being the males, and impregnating the mixed race women. But like I said, promiscuity is a bad, so even if you could gain genetically by doing this, I think the costs would far outweigh the benefits. Not to mention the fact that promiscuous societies can't be expected to mantain standards or sexual plans like this. Unless welfare is given to the women in case they comply. For instance, if the govt is already going to give welfare to sluts for having kids (which is a very bad thing as I explained), then it would be less bad if they gave that only to the mixed race sluts that had babies by some pure race male of whichever the race of choice is for the country, region, or for that particular individual woman.

I think a more realistic solution is simply to have mixed race people mate with other mixed race individuals, in a way that approximates their genetic makeup. So a 50% chinese, 25% hindu, 25% white might choose as a mate someone who's 40% chinese, 10% hindu, 30% white and 20% arab, or whatever. It would be very hard to find exact genetic makeups for a partner, and over time it might be that "mixed race" becomes simply regarded as a new race, and all mixed race individuals mix with all the other mixed race individuals, in a sort of melting pot situation like what you described. While that would be worse genetically, it's only realistic to expect that to happen. That said, for those who are still pure race, or mostly pure race (say 75-80% and above), it would make more sense to stay within that race only, branching only for local sub-races, such as british mixing with italians, or koreans mixing with japanese, etc.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:49:50 pm by dariorpl »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 07:49:20 pm »
We have zero welfare in the Philippines. What we have are extended families.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk