Author Topic: Suggestions, please, on how to get more sunlight in winter  (Read 1662 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Suggestions, please, on how to get more sunlight in winter
« on: November 24, 2016, 05:32:18 pm »
Hi,

OK, one of my current concerns re health is for my body to create enough vitamin D all year round. I absolutely hate sunbathing and would rather swim instead. The trouble is that, due to absurd social restrictions, it is not acceptable for a man to go around with his top off even in summer(unless the temperature is above 40 degrees Celsius). MY local gym has a special tanning bed/box. Would that work if I used it only sparingly? And, if so, for how long? I just don't fancy taking vitamin D drops all the time, frankly..
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions, please, on how to get more sunlight in winter
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 07:23:59 pm »
It may create vitamin D but it's an unhealthy and toxic way to do it. Either way if you spend a lot of time tanning, whether in the bed or in the sun, you're doing it wrong. You don't want a tan, like I described here http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/health/low-body-temperature/msg137876/#msg137876

Another suggestion for the winter is to try to get sunlight indoors, but in such a way that sunlight can directly hit your skin without passing though a glass window. Some form of heating might help here to keep you warm.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 08:06:18 pm »
I find central heating a living hell. Perhaps some UV-B lamps might be useful?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 02:16:17 am »
I don't know. I've heard some people swear by them. I tend to think that anything super artificial like that is most likely bad, and possibly worse than doing nothing at all and going without vitamin D for a few months. Another option I've heard is to eat lots of ocean fish, but you can't access fresh ocean fish where you live, so that would be out. I would strongly suggest trying to find a way to get at least some direct sunlight at home on a daily basis. You don't need a lot if you pick the right time of the day, and you can do things like browse the forum or read a book while you sunbathe.

If I hear of some other option for naturally accessing vitamin D during the winter, or storing it during earlier months, I'll post here again.

I would personally much rather go without vitamin D for a few months than take toxic pills or absorb possibly toxic artificial UV-B radiation. If your skin doesn't have a lot of melanin, think of how your ancestors would've done it in times past. If it does, you may need to consider moving to a more sunny geographic area where your skin more adequately fits the amount and intensity of sunlight available.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:22:28 am »
If frozen Herring is ok, then one should consider eating Holland's Matjes.
They have plenty of Vitamin D and taste great (they have 2.5% salt in them as compared to German/Austrian Matjes who have above 10% salt ). It is perhaps the best option available in the winter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk