Author Topic: Starting a fake religion to protect raw dieters  (Read 10600 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a fake religion to protect raw dieters
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 02:51:26 am »
 Agree with Tyler,

Totalitarian oppression is limited to geographical ghettos of Provencal dingbat bureaucratic overreach. Codes and enforcement are largely selective, and if you feel personally threatened and oppressed by the local big brother culture, then it would be far more reasonable to move to a place where the spirit is more in-tune with your way of life....than evoking some religious exemption in order to protect oneself and family....You may get off the hook in family court with a religious argument, but still, who wants to live in a community where it is necessary to invent religious chicanery loopholes.

I watched an interesting interview with the singer from Metallica. He relocated his family from California to Colorado to get away from the cultural prejudiced of progressive oppression.

“I kind of got sick of the Bay Area, the attitudes of the people there, a little bit,” Hetfield said. “They talk about how diverse they are, and things like that, and it’s fine if you’re diverse like them. But showing up with a deer on the bumper doesn’t fly in Marin County. My form of eating organic doesn’t vibe with theirs.” James Hetfield

5:15 to 14:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O6QPTawR14
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 02:58:07 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 05:37:06 am »
One of the key successes of fundamentalist religious sects has been to completely dominate a particular area. For example, some US Mormon Fundamentalist sects basically wholly voted as  a block so that every elected local official ended up  one of them, and they would slowly infest the ranks over the years until every non-elected local official was also one of theirs. After that, they could dictate the local policy vis-a-vis their religion for eternity.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2016, 10:37:18 am »
I think it's a very good idea.

Think about it.  What's to stop CPS (similar to what happened to you SaberTooth) from knocking on someone's door and taking their kids because they feed them raw milk, raw eggs, or other raw animal foods?  Virtually nothing.

They've taken people's kids for less - leaving kids in a car with the A/C on, parents using medical marijuana, and feeding their babies raw milk ( http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/parental-rights-threatened-because-of-babys-diet-state-demands-corn-syrup-laden-baby-formula-over-natural-goats-milk/ ).

I think it's a reality we need to address.  If we want our kids eating raw diets, do we want to have the threat of CPS and other government agencies taking our kids, or do we want a solid legal defense to protect our families?

The defense is clear.

Religious freedom is incredibly important, and we're 100% for all religious freedoms, and our religion isn't the only religion with controversial practices.  Being controversial doesn't mean people shouldn't have the freedom to.

Jews and Muslims circumcise their male children, and approximately 117 circumcised infants die from the practice ( http://www.circinfo.org/USA_deaths.html ).

Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to refuse blood transfusions for themselves and their kids, even resulting in death ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3027599/Jehovah-s-Witness-baby-die-refuses-blood-transfusion-seven-months-pregnant-cancer-80-chance-surviving-treatment.html ).

It makes sense to me, a fake religion would provide some security for raw dieters to feed their kids as they please.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2016, 09:06:07 pm »
And coincidentally, it's the holiday season.

So happy holidays to everyone!
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 09:18:18 pm »
Merry Christmas!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 10:50:39 pm »
Creating a new religion is going to be nearly impossible. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but you have to convince others of the legitimacy of your religion. It's a matter that requires a large group of people, a long struggle and many sacrifices. You will have to dedicate your whole life to the endeavor.

A better approach is to simply say that your religion (pick your favorite one) requires you to eat a certain food raw for (made up reasons) over the duration of (pick your timeline). No one will know better, bother checking and least of all argue with you, as it is politically incorrect. For example, you could just say "my sect of Islam, the Sufi, requires me to eat food raw during Eid-ul-Adha to honor the sacrifices of Muhammad to Alla during his Farewell Pilgrimage (pronounce it in arabic)". 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk