Author Topic: The end of the world as we know it  (Read 7215 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: The end of the world as we know it
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:42:33 am »
 While early-catastrophe claims are absurd, I think it is fairly obvious that we are all headed for extinction via environmental destruction, with another possibility being a slow death. One only has to look at recent tales of long droughts all over the US, South America
http://reliefweb.int/disaster/dr-2016-000002-col
 and elsewhere, lasting many years before the rains usually  came and only partially solved the droughts for a short time. Simply put, every human is increasing its impact on the environment all the time, and with all the overpopulation as well, most forests will end up being wiped out and most water-sources will end up increasingly polluted etc.. The inevitable result will be  a slow poisoning of the food-supply and future humans will have much higher rates of birth-defects as a result. Also, modern medical technology is allowing more people with birth-defects to survive and even those without immediately obvious birth-defects(such as many premature babies) will have to contend with future issues such as higher chances of infertility etc. Added to that, many of those humans doing most of the overpopulating tend to be religious-fundamentalists with chronic histories of inbreeding, the latter being well-known to cause low iq, higher chances of birth-defects  etc. Most of  these things are increasing at rather slow rates of 1-2 % each generation or so, but it's easy to see a future in  a 1000-5,000 years  in which global resources are minimal, where almost everybody is dirt-poor facing vast taxes, and where almost everyone is sick and ill all their lives.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 11:28:24 pm »
This guy says that it is solar flares that is causing global warming.
https://oneradionetwork.com/all-shows/dr-david-evans-global-warming-man-made-february-9-2017/
Cheers
Al

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:41:20 pm »
... a future in  a 1000-5,000 years  in which global resources are minimal, where almost everybody is dirt-poor facing vast taxes, and where almost everyone is sick and ill all their lives.

You are very optimistic! Resources are already severely dwindling and will be minimal in 10 - 50 years.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 01:11:23 am »
You are very optimistic! Resources are already severely dwindling and will be minimal in 10 - 50 years.
The trouble is that doomsayers may often be right in the long run but are too soon in their predictions. For example, oil was predicted to die as a source many decades ago, but it still hasn't happened yet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 01:40:35 am »
Without watching all of the linked videos, my main complaint of Guy McPherson is that he cherry picks the worst of the worst articles to create his dystopian worldview. While the future does indeed look bleak for some people in some places, I don't see it as being bleak for everyone everywhere.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:05:45 am by Eric »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 01:42:32 am »
And to build on what I just said, the details of the world are constantly changing so, to a degree, every day is the end of the world as we knew it. That's all symantics, though.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 01:43:35 am »
There's an expression- "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day".

Anything the government says is automatically wrong.
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 07:20:39 am »
I have a deeply intuitive skepticism of anyone who holds as a dogma, convoluted apocalyptic man made climate change theories...I don't deny that humans have any effects, just doubt that science is capable of separating the human effect from all other factors in a way that is relevant...There is a false view that Humans are separate entities from the earth and the prevailing ethos of the ivory tower dwellers is that humans are a blight on this world... like how maggots on a carcass will eventually consume the entire body leaving it an empty shell....

One of my own postulations which I do not ever hear being discussed, is regarding how life has terraformed the world in such a way that all the organisms of the world work in tandem to maintain a climate conducive for the support of life... during the life of this planet there has been a number of catastrophic events, great eruptions, outer-space impacts, greater overgrowth and dye off cycles of biological forms...yet there seems to always have been some innate system of correction which has mitigated apocalypse after apocalypse. So is it possible that our actions though seemingly destructive are in some way essential for the maintenance of our climate...if there is man made warming then I contend that such warming trends are critical for the survival of our species...because technically we are in the middle of an ice age and the last thing we need is for the earth to significantly cool....Cooling would actually be much worse...imagine if the ice once again covered half the populated areas on the planet...as it had done thousands of years ago.....billions of people would die

The morphic nature of existence precludes there being an absolute end of the world, though the phrase "its the end of the world as we know it" is a somewhat accurate description of the kaleidoscopic apocalypses that run tandem with spiral fractal patterns of quantum growth. There are life cycles within life cycles, worlds within worlds, and even the earth itself will die one day....so all this talk of an ultimate doom is apropos...and possibly even a direct affront to the great spirit.

"Its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine"
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 07:06:32 am »
It's amazing to learn that the climate change research medal is given in the name of a researcher who decided human co2 has an insignificant effect!

How the Global Warming Scare Began
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUDGfCNC-k

Many independent researchers predict another thirty year long mini ice age is beginning now. They say the sun is mainly responsible for earth climate (who woulda thought), for three last few hundred years we have been through a period of high sunspot activity which created a stronger shield protecting the earth from cosmic rays which in turn led to dryer warmer weather. Now that sunspot activity is dropping way down we won't have such a strong shield and will have far more cosmic ray exposure, which will cause greater cloud formation, more rain, and colder weather.  The increased cosmic ray penetration will also lead to more earthquakes and volcanic events.

If you look into the thunderbolts project and the electric universe theory you will find that space is not a vacuum but is filled with high speed charged particles from the billions of suns. These charged particles are at a very low density but because space is so enormous they add up to phenomenal electric currents and magnetic fields occurring between stars and planets. Which also leads on to an aspect of astrology being true in that the position of the other planet's and stars has an effect on our suns activity and output, which has a big impact on us all.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:16:38 am by Alive »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 01:21:39 pm »
This winter is a very cold one here, probably 10 degrees Celsius colder than usual.
Cheers
Al

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 05:35:58 pm »
If you look into the thunderbolts project and the electric universe theory you will find that space is not a vacuum but is filled with high speed charged particles from the billions of suns. These charged particles are at a very low density but because space is so enormous they add up to phenomenal electric currents and magnetic fields occurring between stars and planets. Which also leads on to an aspect of astrology being true in that the position of the other planet's and stars has an effect on our suns activity and output, which has a big impact on us all.

Sorry, but the "Electric Universe Theory" is a scam.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Electric_Universe
https://briankoberlein.com/2014/02/25/testing-electric-universe/
http://neutrinodreaming.blogspot.pt/2011/09/electric-universe-theory-debunked.html
... and many more are easily found with a quick Google search!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 03:03:52 am »
Sorry Iguana, but the "Raw Food Diet" is a dangerous scam, just Google it silly, there are so many links to set you on the right path.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 03:05:11 am »
Sorry Iguana, but the "Raw Food Diet" is a dangerous scam, just Google it silly, there are so many links to set you on the right path.
LOL

Alive, I'm with you. Whenever I see some self-righteous person who has their degree based on a particular notion justify that it's their way or the doorway, I laugh and leave them alone. No point talking to them. There's always room for better theories.
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 03:38:30 am »
You can laugh all you want but this Electric Universe does sound like a quack.  I've looked at them in detail and there is not much substance in terms of mathematical formulas and analysis.  They say Einstein's theory is wrong but fail to provide more accurate equations for example to compute clocks in space which currently use Einstein's equations.

You can't compare it with raw food diet.  While anyone can try raw foods for themselves and see if it works or not you cannot do anything practical with what Electric Universe teaches.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 04:01:33 am »
YS,
nobody even read the work that Einstein did for awhile. Then it took the German Max Planck a lot of energy and perseverance to believe in his work enough to get him a job which no one wanted to give AE as he was a nobody and a Jew.

If you read the comments below Iquana's links there are big arguments with big sweeping statements.

Whenever someone uses the word 'quack', I take that as a comment on the commentator them self.
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 04:38:09 am »
I don't care about history of science.

The point is Einstein's math (or whoever came up with it, I don't care) is the best we have for practical use.
And since Electric Universe does not offer anything even close to it you can safely toss it out.
When they come up with some useful stuff then we'll talk about it.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 07:02:27 am »
I agree raw al.
I grew up with a scientist father who became head of his laboratory and invented an earthquake protection device which is used in many thousands of structures world wide, in fact it recently prevented damage to the old stone New Zealand parliament during our recent earthquakes. I very much saw the world from a contemporary scientific view point.
On the other hand my mother was an artist who said science was my dad's religion, with the priests and disciples, the teaching and indoctrination, the bibles you had to follow our you would be excomunicated.
After many years research into the inconsistencies with the modern narrative I can now agree with my mum. The profit motive, self rightness, empire building and social control combining.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 07:39:50 am »
Einstein has long been discredited. He was shown to have plagiarised 2 of his biggest  ideas, and the rest that he came up with turned out to be just mindless handwavium:-

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=48089
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 07:44:13 am »
Yes ys
From a practical standpoint I can understand your point of view that things are more interesting when you can see results in your own life.  My raw food results have been worthwhile and my openness to some other ideas rejected by mainstream may also be profitable, time will tell.
My daughter was showing me last night the latest media propaganda where the number off carbohydrate servings had been increased from three to six cups, so no I don't believe all of "mainstream science".
The most basic scientific influence is the profit motive, do you want to keep your job, get promoted, increase profits...
All scientific studies should show on the first page the money trail that funded the research.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 07:51:43 am »
I'd say Tyler that is by design that these agents like Marx, Freud, Einstein... etc etc etc have been idolized and had their somewhat falsified mumbo jumbo installed into the official narrative.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 07:55:44 am »
Marx has long been discredited re his views, as has Freud by Eysenck, Einstein is long due for debunking.....
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 08:18:09 am »
I don't believe all of "mainstream science"

It is not so simple.  Computers and Internet you are using right now is the result of mainstream science AND corporate greed for profits.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 10:49:54 am »
Its never so "cut and dry" as "right and wrong" "science and quackery" "balderdash or malarkey" much of what is scientific and what is bunk is a matter of personal taste.

So much of what is thought of as scientific progress has its origins in the musings of people society would often deem quite mad. Then there are origin theories like the Big Bang which arnt much better at explaining existence than the great sky God creation myths.

Embracing paleo-esq neo pantheism has given me the freedom of thought to accept everything as it is while being able to imagine things as they could be. Enabling me to use Scientific tools while not surrendering the dreams of magic realms and the belief in a deeper supernatural understanding which lays beyond reach of the instruments of man 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:54:58 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk