Author Topic: Foraging  (Read 1954 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Foraging
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 05:06:42 am »
I'm gearing up for the start of the foraging season here in the US North East too. Really looking forward to some fresh bitter wild greens.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 06:30:16 am »
In the overcrowded UK, foraging is nigh impossible. However, in Austria, wild garlic is abundant even in the absurdly manicured, so-called "wild" parks near the city of Vienna. The taste is so much better than standard supermarket garlic, besides supermarkets do not offer what I really want which is the raw, wild garlic leaves,not so much  the bulb. And there is no issue re wiping out local  flora since the wild garlic is so abundant and virtually no other humans bother with foraging for such plants.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 10:07:04 am »
How do you eat the garlic leaves, Tyler? are they like the bulb at all, or completely different? And how strong is the taste?

I could probably get my hands on some organic garlic leaves if I just asked some farmers who regularly sell the garlic they produce. I've bought mustard leaves from them among other weird stuff and they were really good.

It would be regular garlic though, not wild (I think. It is a bit different than the one from regular stores, but not a lot. Does taste better though, but it's only available for a part of the year, unlike the one from the stores which is year round)
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 12:50:13 pm »
I just tear the leaves  from the ground and gobble them up, a whole handful at a time. They are quite strong and taste much like the bulb. I  quickly got used to the taste and can easily fill my mouth half a dozen times before feeling overwhelmed by the taste.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk