Author Topic: Metabolic Typing  (Read 2440 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Metabolic Typing
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:45:57 pm »
Hi folks,

Just wondering what people on here think about Metabolic Typing (Fast Oxidisers vs Slow Oxidisers), which a number of natural health doctors use and that suggests slow oxidisers require a diet lower in fat/protein (and higher in carbohydrate foods).

Thanks,

Phil

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Metabolic Typing
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:53:53 pm »
a personal experience,,  when I decided to go very low carb,   I sat on the couch the first weekend due to my body unable to supply sufficient energy from fat.  My point is adaptation is often overlooked.  Carbs, especially cooked carbs are very addictive.  Most will have an extremely hard time transitioning off them onto fats for fuel.  And then most likely will give more credence towards theories such as metabolic typing etc.  Not saying there isn't such a thing, but it takes a bit of dedication to experimentation to find out for one's self.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:02 am »
Yer, it's kind of like do you eat according to your metabolism, or do you manipulate your own metabolism by what you eat?

Any other opinions on the topic?

Phil

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 03:28:46 am »
Putting in the hot topics forum. Most of us eat instinctively, according to our own individual needs. A few eat mostly raw plant food , a few mostly raw animal food, with the rest being somewhere inbetween with a greater emphasis on raw animal food.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk