Author Topic: Man dies of bacteria in raw oysters-claim  (Read 2702 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Man dies of bacteria in raw oysters-claim
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:18:08 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5968763/Florida-man-71-dies-infected-deadly-bacteria-contracted-eating-raw-oysters.html

So-called "food-poisoning" generally seems to affect those already  in ill-health, such as old people etc. I once had an awful food-poisoning incident with some aged raw cod roe, but I simply vomited it out. The way I see it, us RPDers are protected from such incidents as we already have lots of other bacteria to combat any harmful bacteria etc. The key to immunity, I suspect, is how much aged raw meats one eats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Man dies of bacteria in raw oysters-claim
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 02:02:59 am »
good suggestion to always smell and taste each oyster and not shoot it down with sauce, and or chase it with a beer.

Offline Raulik

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 03:34:23 pm »
good suggestion to always smell and taste each oyster and not shoot it down with sauce, and or chase it with a beer.

I thought people dont die from bacteria.. and raw was the way..

If this fella cooked his oysters he would be alive lol

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 07:22:51 pm »
I thought people dont die from bacteria.. and raw was the way..

If this fella cooked his oysters he would be alive lol
You're missing the point. First of all, deaths from food-poisoning are very rare, plus the ones affected tend to be vulnerable groups that were already ill such as old people and babies.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raulik

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 11:56:01 pm »
You're missing the point. First of all, deaths from food-poisoning are very rare, plus the ones affected tend to be vulnerable groups that were already ill such as old people and babies.

you miss sarcasm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk