Author Topic: Foods you don't think of raw that actually are.  (Read 2306 times)

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Foods you don't think of raw that actually are.
« on: May 31, 2017, 12:35:17 am »
One of my favorite foods growing up as a kid was pickled herring. I never knew it was raw till many years later. Also I heard that salami and pepperoni are also raw.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Foods you don't think of raw that actually are.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:30:26 am »
Despite claims of salami being raw, I have never yet found a salami without lots of processed chemicals added to it. I have always soon gotten awkward diarrhea after eating any salami after being RPD For a little while. Imo, I have found that even a little processing, not just cooking, ruins the digestion or wrongly increases one`s appetite etc. I more and more lean towards the Instincto-aligned dietary notions as a result.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:51:31 am »
Processed food makers tend to go a little overkill on the salt and preservatives. If you want something done right, its best to do it yourself.

Ive made homemade fatty mutton sausage using less salt and seasoning than most recipes call for and it is quite good when eaten raw....Im a big fan of ( half cured) meat...using less than half the recommended amount of salt and quick cure it, hung in the fridge with a fan blowing on it, until it just begins to dry on the outer layer...absolutely delicious!
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Drengr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 09:59:26 am »
I get diarrhea from salami too, even before I went raw. Now just the smell of salami makes me queasy. I never had any problems with pepperoni though.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 01:43:03 pm »
Well technically speaking, salami is raw, since it's not it's not heated. However, it contains other ingredients that some of us choose to avoid. Even in homemade salami, while most of the ingredients are fine, there's also plenty of salt.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk