Raw Paleo Diet Gallery > Display Your Culinary Creations

Liver Jerky

(1/1)

surfsteve:
The recipe I used was the same spices as I used for hamburger jerky except that I only used half the meat and a lot more vinegar to marinade the surface of the liver rather than mix it all in like I do for the hamburger.

Here's the ingredients according to my best guess. I say guess because I didn't actually measure them:

One and a half pounds of calves liver
3 to 4 tablespoons Celtic sea salt
1 and a half tablespoons black pepper
1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons oregano
2 tablespoons dried cilantro
2 to 3 tablespoons cumin powder
4 or 5 ounces of raw cider vinegar

Cut the liver into jerky sized strips and mix all ingredients together and marinade for one hour.

Pull strips out of marinade, leave them wet with the spices attached, distributed as evenly as possible and place them on the Jerky rack

*Set dehydrator to 107 degrees and dehydrate 24 to 48 hours. Rotate the trays occasionally so that they dry evenly or don't bother and take the lower ones out first and eat them! I don't dry them all the way but leave them soft enough to bend with my hands but stiff enough so they don't flex under their own weight.

*At  the 107 degree setting, on my dehysrator, the meat in the bottom tray ranges between 96 and 102 degrees F. While the top tray ranges between 89 and 96 degrees according to my infrared thermometer gun. Yours may vary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version