Author Topic: More hysteria against raw fish consumption  (Read 3262 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: More hysteria against raw fish consumption
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 01:37:01 am »
From your link:
One of the major causes of CCG, which kills 20,000 Thais each year, is a parasitic flatworm native to the Mekong region and found in freshwater fish.
We don't eat freshwater fish. Rivers and lakes are generally too polluted.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:03:50 am »
From your link:We don't eat freshwater fish. Rivers and lakes are generally too polluted.
Some of us do, without harm. It is possible for rivers and lakes to not be polluted.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 02:55:03 am »
I remember PaleoPhil wrote that he did so somewhere in the USA. Any other?

I friend of mine offered me to bring me a trout from a stream in the Alps. I questioned him and he said those trouts are first farmed and then released free in mountain's streams!

But if I happen to have the opportunity to eat a wild fish from an absolutely pristine freshwater, then I would gladly eat it. I never had such a chance.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 04:55:09 am »
Where I am going next year, there is ample opportunity to fish if I had the time or inclination:-

http://www.hotel-la-brigue.fr/votre-sejour/activites/peche-vallee-de-la-roya.html

I recall an acquaintance who was one of Austria's keenest hobby-experts on fishing. I once talked to him about a prestigious public school near an important UK town and he immediately chose to rave instead about the nearby Itchen river, which is supposed to be an absolute haven/paradise for anglers, everything he mentioned related to fishing in some way. I love that kind of dedication, it makes for a more interesting person, even if I personally find fishing to be rather dull. Oh, and a relative of mine even once knew a friend who was an "animal-whisperer" who worked as a forest-ranger and who would go in for the seemingly-fiendishly-tricky  (and very palaeo!) practice of "trout-tickling".
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:09:35 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk