Author Topic: beginner needs advice  (Read 4331 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
beginner needs advice
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:33:28 am »
this is exciting!  I can't believe I found you all

i am striving to be an all raw omnivore.  began dabbling in raw one year ago and I am a believer for sure.

I have been diagnosed with about 6 different gut bugs including staph and one fungal infection. and was living on meat, greens and flax oil just to stay alert and functioning before trying raw

for the first few weeks of raw vegan I felt amazing but as soon as I added in fruit I lost all motivation to exercise, gained about 10 lbs and got all of my symptoms of gut issues back

I have dabbled with raw meats (and again my body says yes) and mostly have had done well with lamb and ground bison.  I have not eaten beef or pork in 30 years. In fact I was a vegetarian for about 15 years....15 fat and tired years

anyway I wanted to get back to all raw and have been raw vege for the last 2 (fat and tired months!!)

the only animal product I have been having is 3-6 ounces of raw kefir in the morning

finally today I was so sick of being tired and not wanting to exercise or even go to work.....I had a HUGE CHUNK like 5-6 ounces of raw cheese and got such a great rush of energy.....tomorrow it's BUFFALO BABY!

I would love some input on how to structure this diet.  what advice you have to someone getting into it and all that good stuff

thanks, looking forward to this

Satya

Re: beginner needs advice
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:56:44 am »
Welcome whitebuffalo!

Many of us have been fat and tired on raw vegan diets.  I haven't time now to expand much on diet structure now, but I wanted to say hi.  Besides, there is no one diet for everyone, so just like each of us, you will have to figure out what works for you as an individual.  But hey, you have come to the right place, and I look forward to sharing with you what little I have learned over the past several months.  Best wishes.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 11:04:50 am »
Welcome aboard.  My story is similar to yours and to save repeating it here's a link to my Testimonial on the main site.

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/lex-rooker/

I did the vegan thing, both raw and cooked, for about 15-20 years and had worse results than you. I now eat only meat and fat - no veggies or fruits at all, and I feel wonderful.  I eat once per day in the late afternoon and consume about 2 lbs of raw grassfed beef.  One of the keys is to get enough animal fat.  Between 70% and 80% of my calories come from fat.  I take no supplements and use no seasonings other than a bit of salt.  I'm 57 and now have the energy that I did in my 20s and 30s.  I also lost about 60 lbs (current weight is 160) and my waist went from a 39-40 to a 32.  I'm actually able to wear a suit that I purchased in 1976 (much to my wife's annoyance).

I found that once my body fully adapted to the all meat diet, I have little or no desire for fruits, vegetables, starches, or dairy products.

When eating out I just order a couple of the largest steaks they have on the menu and ask for them as rare as the chef can make them.  Then slather them with butter to raise the fat content and munch away.

I've been eating this way for close to 4 years now and none of the predicted problems such as vitamin deficiencies have occurred.  Blood pressure dropped, blood sugar dropped and stabilized, weight dropped, and energy increased.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Lex
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:30:33 am by Craig »

xylothrill

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 11:30:52 am »
Welcome WhiteBuffalo!

You've come to the right place. I first stated investigating raw food after seeing an interview of Carol Alt. (an omnivore)
All I could find on the net regarding raw food was all raw vegan. So I embarked on that tumultuous journey. I had so many negative effects including constant hunger, teeth becoming translucent, and ups and downs of energy, that it wasn't funny. I'd read Victoria Boutenko's book about green smoothies and the alkalizing effects thereof. None of it worked for me.

Someone in a raw vegan forum convinced me to start eating raw animal foods and I did. At first, it was only raw eggs and cheese. Raw cheese knocked me out then. Now, it makes me tired and hungry!

I eat only raw meats, organ-meats, and fat now. I do much better on this diet and have more energy, while having less hunger. See my signature and look over the other testimonials as well as the rest of the www.rawpaleo.com site. Not all of us are carnivores. Some are omnivores, probably the majority, like you!

Craig

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 03:03:24 am »
thanks everyone!

well, I just got up from my lunch of ground buffalo (marinated in lemon juice) with some ginger and other spices, some raw cheese and olive oil
i had put some cabbage on the side for wrapping but absolutely did not want it

the bad news is that within the hour....i am already munching the cabbage and fruit that I had packed to eat this afternoon at work.  my body is still in that insulin resistance habit of the carb addict (long time beer drinker...yuck)

but again, I am sooooo grateful for this forum and who ever had the strength to make it happen

I know from experience to never say never but I am a veggie lover and have a hard time imagining JUST MEAT/FAT
i think i have been the happiest on one central meal of just meat and fat and then some small bits of light veg and fruit in the am and pm

in other news!!  I just found out this morning that i am sailing from california to hawaii on a 43 foot catamaran!  my first long sea voyage adn my first trip to hawaii.....such a blessing

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:26:38 am »
Wow...what an amazing trip that will be...have fun and let us know how it went.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk